Save the date: Night City Wire - Episode 5

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Yo, choombas!

Get ready for episode 5 of #NightCityWire! We’ll talk about our favourite rockerboy Johnny Silverhand, share a variety of Night City's tunes and a lot more. It's going to be a big one!

Save the date: Thursday, Nov 19th, 6PM CET

See you on our Twitch channel!

I wonder if it's going to be a big one because of how much info it will contain, or because it will be longer in minutes than the usual amount? :think:
Hard to believe in the 'or both' case.

More stuff, that is IMO uninteresting. Where's the character creator, or skill tree? Who plays RPG for the music, or cars? Also I like Keanu Reeves, but his role in the game is just another celebrity cameo. It's nothing exciting. Sorry.
Keanu is great, one of the last celebrities that doesn't make me feel all icky inside. That being said, I think Silverhand will be much more than a cameo and I hope I get to kill him.

So far it seems like it is safe to make an assumption that Johnny won't be just a companion, but another point of view through braindances and, presumably, things he tells us about his past, sharing his experience with V. Honestly, that is one hell of an opportunity to make some "damn youth" jokes, Johnny is older than V after all!

I'm pretty happy about all this, especially given my affection to all the tunes we've heard to this day, and another affection of mine that goes to memories we're shown in a game world. I don't think I've seen alternating between POVs like that before - Johnny, apparently, won't be a playable character, and seeing what he once saw and did as if it was YOU who once saw and did all that one moment, and then looking at him as he makes some remarks or excuses or something else is pretty... bizarre, actually, that's one out-of-body experience I haven't seen used before to tell a story. Stories, for that matter.

Hopefully, "big one" is both about the length and content, too, I'm spiced up here man!

This sounds fairly underwhelming.

Keanu is great and I'm sure Johnny will be interesting in game, but is there anything more about the character that we really need to know before release?

The music was already featured as well in a previous Night City Wire.

What about the character creator? More gameplay? Console footage?

Maybe all of that is still being worked on during the delay and isn't quite ready to be shown, but if if that is the case I wonder if CD Projekt Red would also be better off delaying Night City Wire. At this point people want to see the game.

Not surprisingly, they chose not to take my advice about just keeping their heads down, finishing the game, and cutting off the fluff hype. Oh well.

I'm interpreting the video in the original post as implying that even though there's no functional subway system, we get to ride a rollercoaster in the game. Or no?
Post automatically merged:

Perhaps the game existing on console is only experienced through a Braindance...:sneaky:
There's console footage included. It's the still photos.

Top Bottom