Saved data from PS+ not reconized.

+
Hello there guys,
My name is Ghita i'm a very big fan of The Witcher series and i just heard about how a good listeners to the gamer community you are so please listen to my small but big problem for me.
I had an ps4 some time ago , bought the game as a disk ( GOTY Edition) i saved everything to PS+ cloud , the latest version was 1.50 if i'm not wrong.
I have bought recently a ps4 pro and since my disk was stolen i managed to buy your game online from ps store, bought ps+ for one month for the only reason to get my saved data back, because if i recall good , i had 72h in-game and i haven't finished .
I don't want to lose my saved data so maybe is there something that i can so the game can reconize my save data?

I really don't want to start it all over again , it will be painfull.
Thank you very much in advence.

Make sure your PS Plus cloud save games are really still there - because I think they do get deleted at some point after your PS Plus membership expired. If the save games are gone, there's not much anyone can do about it, as it's a Sony thing and has nothing to do with CDPR.

If the save games still exist you can try to move the cloud save games from the cloud to the system storage of your console. There are a few websites that explain how to do that, for example: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_online.html

Thank you for yours rapid response, i moved them alerdy into the system storage and still nothinf , it mighr have a problem with the update patch? Or is there anything else to do?

>...i managed to buy your game online from PS store

Is it the GOTY edition?

Because if it isn't, your previous stored save files from the GOTY edition aren't compatible with the basic version of the game (regardless if you have bought the DLCs separately) as PS4 treats those two editions as separate games.

Now if you bought the GOTY online edition, as your save files relying on ver. 1.50 (1.50 < 1.62), just install the game without updating it to the latest patch (so just install the game in offline mode that includes patch 1.31), load your save files, maker a new manual save, exit the game, and then let it update to the latest patch version.

Also Restore your PS4 licences and activate your PS4 system as your primary system.

How to:

Activate as Your Primary PS4: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/activation.html

Restore Licenses: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html

Thank you guys so much for your support.
Right now i'm downloading it again.
I'll try as you mark5916 said. And yes it's the same game that i had on the CD also (GOTY Edition) it's strange when i press the option button on the game and then upload/download cloud save data , it does not reconize the saved data from cloud .I'll come back with an answear to your method mark5916. And yes my ps it's activated as primary i restored licenses, the game it's the same , i still have the saved data on cloud and i really apreciate guys i hope this will fix this.

EDIT : Done that download again and still no , i hope download trough offline mode mean the first playable part and then to download the rest after copying the saves.

Anyway guys leave it be , it seems there nothing we can do about , i'll just start it again , its almost a year and a half since my last play time so i think i might nees that tutorial again. Thank you again very much for your time.

Last edited:
Hmm, that's very strange!

The digital version and the disc based version (of the same edition) should be fully compatible thus the saves files from your previous disc based G.O.T.Y. edition should be compatible with the downloaded digital G.O.T.Y edition.

Unless the digital version isn't from the same region as the disc based one.

Or the saves files got somehow corrupted by uploading them to the cloud or downloading them back to your PS4 HDD.

Anyway it is what it is, so if you don't mind to play the game from the beginning...the Witcher 3 is made that way, that if you start over you gain a completely different experience. :)

Regards, Mark.

Top Bottom