Saved game issue

+
I spent several hours playing the other day only to find that the following day that when I came to load up my saved game, it was although I'd not even played the previous day. All the save game files were 2 days old.

I don't know if this is because my son also plays the game on his own account on the same PC.

When it happened the first time I made a backup of the save game folder. Sure enough, today when I logged in all the save game files were older versions.
I then copied my backup save folder over and could play a recent save but half of the saved games were showing as corrupted.

Were all save games still before updating the 1.04 hotfix are after?
It might be a good idea to try it again with save games from the latest version of the game.

If the issue continues to exist I'd suggest reporting it to CDPR support:

Were all save games still before updating the 1.04 hotfix are after?
It might be a good idea to try it again with save games from the latest version of the game.

If the issue continues to exist I'd suggest reporting it to CDPR support:

Yes, I only started the game after the recent v1.04 patch.

I have submitted it to CDPR support.

Yes, I only started the game after the recent v1.04 patch.

I have submitted it to CDPR support.

Looks like this issue was a Steam problem:

New Steam client 21 December 2020

Steam Cloud
  • Fixed an issue causing files to swap between users under separate Windows user IDs, and also with some file stored in paths with embedded 64-bit SteamIDs
Seems a bit naughty that it would do this...

If you have trouble with saves on steam, you can login to your account in a browser and access the remote storage section to view all your cloud saves.

Link below

steampowered.com/account/remotestorage

Top Bottom