Saved games gone...

+
Saved games gone...

I was in Chapter 3, killing in creatures in the Swamp last night, but it was pretty late so I saved my game and went to bed. Today, I load up the Witcher, go to load my game and suddenly all of my 2008 saves are gone! The last saved game I have is for the 27th of December from 2007.So with this problem I go to check the directory where I know The Witcher keeps the saved games (C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\The Witcher\Saves). There is something new, a folder called "Swamp" or something, I open it up and there's a crap load of files that have nothing to do with saved games. I see one file that looked similar to the actual saved games, so I cut and paste it to where the game looks for saved games, I launch Witcher and still my latest save is gone. So I shut down The Witcher and go back to the Saved Games folder, only to find that the mysterious new "Swamp" folder has disappeared! The only thing left is that file that I cut and pasted out of that folder. WTF!?!? Why would the game just up and remove something like that? Just because one meaningless file is missing?I'm a little bit farther back in my game because of this crap, it's just ridiculous! Help?

Top Bottom