Savegame Importing/Request

+
Savegame Importing/Request

I just read in that designer interview that you can actually import your savegame from the end of the original Witcher.Since I played the game back in the day and upgraded to 7, I lost all pertinent game data.I was wondering if any of you fine gents would happen to have a "final" save to mirror my own.Looking for super good n' cuddly, Scoia'Tel lovin', Triss marrying, Alvin adopting, full-card-deck super pimped out fighter in the heaviest armor and best of blades. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Cheers!

Two things:1. "super good n' cuddly" and "Scoia'tael lovin'" are kind of mutually exclusive seeing how the Scoia'tael are a rather hateful bunch.2. AFAIK stats and armor/items won't be imported. Only the plot elements.Anyway, I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough, so I could possibly help you out with the saves.

AFAIK=?And hate can be real cuddly too.Anyhow, if someone has a savegame complete with the Triss romance/Alvin adoption, love for the hateful dwarves and the "good" resolutions to quests (Hooking up the captain with the whore, letting the vampire lady walk, generally sticking it to the man and saving the underdogs) I'd greatly appreciate a link.I tried starting a new playthrough but it felt like the twilight zone.It probably won't really matter anyhow, seeing as how everything in TW2 will be done from scratch but it'll be nice to have a sense of continuity.

AFAIK=As Far As I Know. Was mentioned in one of the presentation vids.Anyway, yeah, I think I can help you out :) Stay tuned, I should be done after the weekend (unless someone beats me to it)

Jesus, enlighten me, how do you power gamers do this in such a short while?It took me three casual days of fucking around Chapter I and reminiscing about what the hell was going on with life back when I was first introduced to the WItcher.How do you do a full playthrough in such a short while?!

Well, usually I take long to finish a game the first time (I'm the explorer type, checking out all nooks and crannies), but much shorter on further playthroughs, when I already know what I'm supposed to be doing.

Makes sense...will be looking forward to your Champion Of Merigold/Semi-Enlightened Geralt version of things.This OCD when it comes to importing saves is a bitch :D

You can also look in the Story/quest part of the forum in the save game market the Ladies and Gent can help you out a well.

Update: Not finished yet, had some real life stuff happening. Just started act 4, so it shouldn't be much longer now (2 and 3 are the longest).

It's done, if you're still interested :)http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GM9HOK4WSided with the Scoia'tael in all quests, romanced Triss, did all possible sidequests I think (in a good and cuddly manner where possible), spared Berengar and made sure he lived through the fight with Javed, fought the Wild Hunt spirit for the killing blow to Jacques. Beat Foltest at poker, beat Zdenek at fistfighting, got most of the love cards (couldn't be bothered to get some of them). Level is 39 (didn't do enough grinding to reach 40, sorry ;) ) , equipment is elven Raven's armor, Moonblade for silver sword, Sihill & D'yaebl for steel.

Dude, thank you so much:)Unfortunately, the damn thing stopped sending reply updates to my inbox, so I figured what the hell and did it all over again.I had forgotten how good the Witcher originally was...and isn't the sword the Lady of the Lake gives you better than the Moonblade? As for steel, I went with the Mahakaman Rune Sigil that you get for all 10 trophies. Unless I'm missing something, it's much better than that D'yabel business.Thanks again for your help!

Sigil...Sihill...my bad :DAnyhow, I have mine at the end of Chapter V, downloaded your file -for the honor and glory- going to see if I make it to the end...was there anything special you had to throw at the Wild Hunt to beat him?

I was pumped full of elixirs and had my swords beefed up with the best upgrades I had at hand for the end fights, but that was more for convenience really than out of necessity :p Both Jacques and the King of the Hunt were a breeze. The King didn't even manage to summon a single spectre, I think ;)As for the Moonblade, whether it's better or worse than Aerondight is a matter of preference, really. Moonblade has +100% damage, Aerondight only has +30% I think, but also some additional effects to balance that out. I mostly took the Moonblade because I was tired of the same-old silver sword model, the Moonblade is the only one that looks unique. I know some people prefer Aerondight for story reasons, and I also used it for my first playthrough.The D'yaebl I took because hey, you have two steel sword slots, so why not use them both, and D'yaebl just looks darn badass :p. Also, it's sweet, sweet irony slashing Azar with it - it's a zerrikanian blade, and Azar also carries two of them when he's not using his big giant mace things ;)

Top Bottom