Savegames does'nt work

+
Savegames does'nt work

I have a problem with The Witcher's savegames. Unfortunaltely, my harddisk hed an fatal crash (I suppose the electronic part of the harddisk has been destroyed). I reistalled everything on another haddisk. Because I was already in the third chapter of the game, I asked somebody for his savegame. So I got a savegame, who is also in the third chapter. I copied it into the save folder. But when I want to load this save (the save is showed with the titel "empty slot" ingame) I get a message, that this save would be invalid. Why?

Start a new game, when you get to save, do so, then copy the savegame from your friend in the directory where you saved. Let me know if it worked !

No, doesn't work. I achieved that I can see the picture of my friend's savegame and the description but I still can't load it

Try renaming the files using the following structure:000XXX - YYYYYYY-XXX.TheWitcherSaveWhere XXX is the number of saves and YYYYYYY the exact name of the map.Don't forget the file extension "TheWitcherSave" after the "dot" .Here's a dummy guide for enabling file extensions if you can't edit text after the "dot" . http://www.fileinfo.net/help/windows-show-extensions.htmlExample:000050 - Triss' house-050.TheWitcherSave000051 - Dike-051.TheWitcherSave000052 - Village-051.TheWitcherSaveHope it helps, this would be my first thing to check.Regards

When I name the file 000081 - New-Narakort-081.TheWitcherSave for example, I Can see the picture and titel, but I still recive the message "This save is incorrect or fails"

Okay, got it. God damned hyphen shoulnd't be there. So the correct title is 000081 - New Narakort-078.TheWitcherSaveWhat a stupid mistake^^ Sry. Though, thanks for your help

Top Bottom