Saving Brick - Unable to pick up detonator bug

+
Hi, I am on the mission "the pickup" and specifically on the optional mission of 'Saving Brick', i am unable to pick up the detonator that is on the counter inside the second room. I was able to open the door after reading the code on laptop and when entered the room, brick warns about the mine but after going back the 'detonator' showing a magnifying glass icon(attached screenshot) and after scanning, nothing happens (even without scanning) and i dont see any option to pick it up.

I have tried multiple angle, jumping on counter, sitting up and down, shooting, slashing etc. - just cant seem to pick it up. I am playing a streetkid with specs into reflexes and cool (wanabe samurai) with no intelligence or teech, so i cant hack into the mine.

Now it looks like i cant save brick cause of it.. there were few other loot bugs, but most of those were just junk. but this one is actually affecting my gameplay which sucks. please help resolve.

Tech stuff: Nvidia 1060, 8gb ram, Intel i5, Steam purchase

Attachments

• pickup bug.png
    pickup bug.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 289
I ran into the same problem and might have found a fix:

The optional task was still open after defeating the mechs a few minutes later into the mission, so I returned back to the detonator and was able to select it for some reason (might have something to do with being out of combat, but that would just be a guess). The way back from the mech arena might be a bit tricky due to the fact, that you jump of a elevated platform. Use the shelfes to right of it near the grates, to get out of there.

I hope this works for anyone else.

The optional task was still open after defeating the mechs a few minutes later into the mission, so I returned back to the detonator and was able to select it for some reason (might have something to do with being out of combat, but that would just be a guess). The way back from the mech arena might be a bit tricky due to the fact, that you jump of a elevated platform. Use the shelfes to right of it near the grates, to get out of there.

OMG! thank you!! this absolutely worked, i dint notice the ledge to walk back! Thanks again for taking time to reply to this, very much appreciated
pickup bug fixed.png

I tried a few different times as well, got myself killed just after Brick when it was bugged. When I respawned I wasn't in combat yet and was able to use the detonator. Seems you cannot use the item while in combat.

Top Bottom