Saving Game Files to Alternate Folder?

+
I'm kinda wanting to start a new game with a Solo Brute in the midst of a current ongoing game that I don't want to lose. This all on GOG. Before I make the attempt, I wanted to make sure that if I copy out the files and save them to a different folder on X drive, there shouldn't be any trouble with switching them back in later.
As aside, main reason I'm doing this is that I hate the number system for save games as I prefer to start off at save number 0 or 1 with a new character. Heck, I wish it was like Witcher 3 with just location, quest, and time + date ... But there you go.

I'm kinda wanting to start a new game with a Solo Brute in the midst of a current ongoing game that I don't want to lose. This all on GOG. Before I make the attempt, I wanted to make sure that if I copy out the files and save them to a different folder on X drive, there shouldn't be any trouble with switching them back in later.
As aside, main reason I'm doing this is that I hate the number system for save games as I prefer to start off at save number 0 or 1 with a new character. Heck, I wish it was like Witcher 3 with just location, quest, and time + date ... But there you go.

Yea, its a bit of a pain but as long as you rename your folders...and remember what character save to put in which folder...its doable. Every playthough has its own folder...that way you can keep your toons separate.
I have 2 playthrough folders that are labeled "playthrough 1" and "playthrough 2" so that i may go back on either if i want to. Like you said, the numbers are all mixed up and the list in both folders are quite long now, but theyll always be there for safe keeping.

Don't forget to turn off auto game updates just in case at some point there's a major patch that makes previous saves inaccessible.

Top Bottom