Saving System might be a reason for Crashes

+
There are 20 Manual Save slots, 10 Auto Save slots and 3 Quick Save Slots in the game.

The game performs an Auto Save very often, sometimes once a minute. Here's an example of 4 Auto Saves happening in just 4 minutes - https://streamable.com/vyi929

As a result of this Auto Saving issue the save slots get clogged really fast.

I like to keep the save slot screen clean and simple. So I started deleting every unwanted save file regularly - once an hour or even more often. Because if you don't delete them, they get rewrited again and again.
And I only use up to 4 Manual Save slots.

For 2 days now I haven't experienced any crashes, considering that I've been playing fairly long sessions.

I know it might be just a hunch, but regardless I wanted to share.

P.S. The stuttering auto save really is an issue, though. Because when the game performs an Auto Save it also stutters noticeably.

P.P.S. I'm playing on PlayStation 4, but I thought this also applies to XBox One as it is a last gen console too.

Attachments

• Save Slots screen.jpg
    Save Slots screen.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 100
totally agreed... even on an SSD there is no reason to be saving every 5mins. I believe every 15Min is more than reasonable but personally I wish they would just give us the option to disable it.

Guest 4478408

havnt had any crash that was not caused by me overclocking my gpu. clockrates that worked fine with all other games so far where instable in cp though.
my theory is that pc users experiencing crashes should look at their own system first.

I've crashed a few times, fairly certain that this is caused by the autosave but randomly while I'm driving everything freezes for about 10 seconds. then its a flip of the coin whether or not it resumes or crashes. very stress-inducing

I like having autosave but I notice the stutter as well. I'm also concerned about the amount of save files. My wife missed the end of The Heist so I was able to show it to her, which was great to have access to, but I was shocked seeing all of the files.

Interesting theory. Would explain why i keep crashing on my X1X while driving around and getting those hitches and with patch 1.05, it's the only time it's happened. Honestly i find it a bit infuriating that they shipped with these type of one off crashes. They need to assess impact way better.

After reading the "Too much inventory can cause corrupted save files" post... i went and disesembled and sold all my drinks/food... and extra copies of gun attachments i had ...
Also, i think i only have like 6 save files... 3 from before the heist... and 3 i use to save during current missions...

Top Bottom