Scanning does not count

+
Just re-tried Ghost Town and still doesn't work.

Also doing the sidequest Going-Away party and I can't complete as it doesn't register the scan of Flavio's body, despite finding it in the house.

Attachments

• Going-away party.jpg
    Going-away party.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 55
Im just reinstalling the full game to see if that remedies it, when I scan the object it goes from normal yellowish color to a rainbow like sheen and then it tries to scan it again with the same effect and wont grant credit to the quest.

Let us know how that works out
Post automatically merged:

Yes... Who knows how much time it's gonna take. It should be flagged as a MAJOR bug because it totally breaks the game with no workaround.

I tried report the issue here but I don't have much hope:

I've reported this as well.

Yes... Who knows how much time it's gonna take. It should be flagged as a MAJOR bug because it totally breaks the game with no workaround.

I tried report the issue here but I don't have much hope:

I've reported this as well.

Hope they fix it ASAP!! I'm having the same issue. I swear this started once I got the Tarot Card missions... Not sure if it's possible to complete that but I think that is what I'm going to try. Anyone tried to complete the Tarot Card missions and see if that fixes up the scanner?

Last edited:
Hope they fix it ASAP!! I'm having the same issue. I swear this started once I got the Tarot Card missions... Not sure if it's possible to complete that but I think that is what I'm going to try. Anyone tried to complete the Tarot Card missions and see if that fixes up the scanner?

I didn't try it but it is indeed a good idea.. I remember scanning a few graffiti's and then "The Tower" graffiti was the first I couldn't get with the scan.

I don't remember what I did between the first graffiti's and "The Tower".. Maybe the Judy's mission where you are looking some BD to look for Parker, but i'm not sure.

Another topic was created on this issue on gog forums : https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/scanner_not_triggering_actions

Last edited:

For me nothig changed even after completing the cards quest.

Yes, I still not heard from them since 3 days. I'm not sure they will ever answer to our tickets anyway when you look at the number of complaints on the forum.

As important/ critical / gamebreaking this bug is for those impacted, i fear that our complaints are drown in the mass of other minor bugs.

I've submitted my support ticket. I'm guessing they are overwhelmed. Please put emphasis on this is a HUGE issue. Critical can't progress. Do not pass go! I'm trying to do side missions and at this point, I have almost all the augments I want and a ton in the bank but it sure would be nice to progress in the storyline missions.

And another one. I can't progress the Raymond Chandler's Evening quest because it won't recognise me scanning the bartender's wife.

Attachments

• Pepe Wife.jpg
    Pepe Wife.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 67
Anyone try changing eye implants or mods?
Yes, it didn't help. I have at least 5 quest bugged right now, which I can't finish. (For example: Peralez story, cyberpsycho Malestrom).
I wrote to support and got a reply saying, "We are currently collecting data on this problem. What you can try is to follow the process below and load the save before the error occurred."
which "surprisingly" did not help.
I can not load the saved game, because I do not know exactly when this error appeared, and since I noticed it for the first time, I was playing for several dozen hours.

I have the same issues, didnt know i had this bug until i needed to scan some clues for a mission...as for now i dont now where or when i got it....

I hope there will be a fix for this anytime soon.... I whished this could be fixed before christmas :(....

I have the same issue, looks like some scan triggers are to working,
I'm playing on Xbox One.

I tried to change the implants, but it doesn't fix the issue.

I have the same issues, didnt know i had this bug until i needed to scan some clues for a mission...as for now i dont now where or when i got it....

I hope there will be a fix for this anytime soon.... I whished this could be fixed before christmas :(....
I wouldn't count on it, it's almost been 2 weeks now since it was reported. I just started a new playthrough on easy and rushed through the main story. Thankfully it didn't bug out again on the same 2 missions I was stuck at but I'm nervous I'll get stuck on something else now.

I have the same issue. To clarify for other posters with other scanning issues, this particular flavor:
  • Allows hacking to work as normal
  • Allows tab scanning as normal for gameplay purposes (highlighting objects)
  • Allows the standard 'Info' tab to be accessed while scanning
  • Does not allow any mission or story based additional info to populate and does not progress missions where scanning is a requisite step. These opportunities are always characterized by a gold/amber color when scanning and a magnifying glass, but when experiencing this bug, this magnifying glass icon always has an additional stopwatch icon overlaying it in the bottom right section
From a story perspective, this means that the blood trails and dead bodies normally providing additional flavor text on missions don't work. It means that some story decisions also automatically fail (you can't scan a ripperdoc patient when asked to, for example- it just doesn't register).

Most significantly, it means that certain missions are irrevocably broken. You just can't work around Ghost Towns or Gimme Danger's need to scan for the quests to proceed.

I have had Johnny pop up to have conversations with me as part of a handful of side gigs (such as the one where I took the non-lethal route to save a monk). Unlike what some others suggested, this did not clear the bug. Nothing has.

I'm not certain which mission triggered it for me, but I've 30+ hours past the last save where it wasn't in effect (all spent clearing icons on the map, since I can generally do that, although it means I fail some side objectives or are locked into some choices). I know it was working in Disasterpiece.

I also had the issue with the car not spawning for the peace offering gig. Not sure if that's related or not.

But once I exhaust all of the remaining map icons, I'm fully dead in the water. I'm not replaying 30+ hours of assaults and side gigs, not now in the current state.

I agree we should make some central issue topic about this, as I went through many forums and only in a few of them it is somewhat mentioned - I think most of the players at first think that the particular quest is broken, before realising the ugly truth, that the quest items cannot be scanned no longer. So I now have to find some earlier save when the scan was working properly in this matter and pray it does not break again.

To vylanantagonist
Nice summary. Exactly as you wrote, I can play normally and do everything except scanning yellow-ishly highlighted quest items in side quests and missions so in some of them you are missing context but in others you can't progress. I submitted my savefiles within a bug report and now I can just wait and hope they will patch this soon. Until then no other option then to find some older save where it was still working and try again or start over (nope for me).

Top Bottom