Scanning does not count

+
The "scan" feature in the game is not working. I'm scanning but game dodges my scans and won't counting in quests. The bad part is that there is a main task that I have to scan something, and it does not work game does not count my scans so ı cant pass the quest. I tried everything but I think I have to start a new game again. I almost came to the 30th hour in the game, I do not want to start over, if anyone knows or has an idea about the subject, please help.

Attachments

• 131204897_10217540273073940_6187587021086643352_o.jpg
    131204897_10217540273073940_6187587021086643352_o.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 524
  • Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    4 MB · Views: 606
Same issue, cant scan quest items. i left that quest and now it wont scan for the "gimme danger" quest

Im just reinstalling the full game to see if that remedies it, when I scan the object it goes from normal yellowish color to a rainbow like sheen and then it tries to scan it again with the same effect and wont grant credit to the quest.

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. So far, I've been unable to complete quest scans for: riders on the storm, the hunt, and gimme danger because the scans "don't register" to advance the quest.

I've tried: scanning the entirety of the object area on various levels of zoom, restarting the quest from different auto/manual/quick save files, skipping in-game time, advancing other quests and returning, using a controller (I'm on PC), altering display settings (resolution, full screen mode, locking display to something not as wide: 2560x1440p, 1920x1440p, and even a few 1080p options), verifying the game files, clean reinstalling the most recent NVIDIA graphics driver, and reinstalling the game. Unfortunately, no luck yet.

I sent this to their support, so hopefully we have a fix soon. I'm also over 30 hours in and would prefer not to start fresh.

Attachments

• RidersOnTheStorm_ScanTheVehicleTracks_Bug.jpg
    RidersOnTheStorm_ScanTheVehicleTracks_Bug.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 261
  • TheHunt_ScanBug.jpg
    TheHunt_ScanBug.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Main_GimmeDanger_ScanTheAreaBug.jpg
    Main_GimmeDanger_ScanTheAreaBug.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
I tried everything too. But I think the problem might be a unfinished scan from past quests because as you can see there is a clock on the magnifying glass on quest object. In that case, maybe going over the quest areas again can solve the problem. But it can be boring and tiring too.
Post automatically merged:

Im just reinstalling the full game to see if that remedies it, when I scan the object it goes from normal yellowish color to a rainbow like sheen and then it tries to scan it again with the same effect and wont grant credit to the quest.
I think reinstalling the game is not going to solve the problem because I tried to play on GeForce Now after this bug showed up but it didn't worked. I think our save files are broken not the game.

Attachments

• Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 191

-tv

Forum regular
When this happens to me, I reload to previous save before entering the quest area. If it that doesn't resolve it, I reload a save before doing the quest entirely.

It's unfortunate, but is the workaround I use. I never just leave a quest hanging because chances are the issue will still persist after...however, it almost always is a scanning issue.

Thanks for the input. 100%. It ended up being an issue with a lingering quest - just had to go back a bit further than I had hoped. I haven't yet confirmed, but it seems the "Heros" quest was the culprit for me.

Thanks for the input. 100%. It ended up being an issue with a lingering quest - just had to go back a bit further than I had hoped. I haven't yet confirmed, but it seems the "Heros" quest was the culprit for me.
Did you reload the quest again or went to quest area again?

Unfortunately, simply reloading the quest or going to the quest area again didn't fix the issue. The quest I think may have caused the issue was marked as complete - going back didn't allow me to scan anything.

I reloaded all of my old save files and attempted to complete a quest that requires scanning (gimme danger and riders on the storm were the two quests I used to check the scan on each save file). The most recent save file where the scanning function worked was right before I completed the quest "heros." I'm not 100% this quest caused the issue, but there is a bit of scanning in this quest, so I suspect I might have missed something/performed the actions too quickly/did the objectives out of order? Ended up losing 15 or so hours of progress, but scanning seems to work fine now (fingers crossed).

Best of luck - I hope you don't end up losing as much progress as I did.

Same deal, I resorted to reinstalling the whole fucking game and guess what?
Bug is still there.
Went and paid 100k and reset talents, bug still there.
Changed graphics and screen. Nothing.
Scanned while naked
Scanned with no cyber mods
Scanned with blowing up all the area.
Same result.

I am currently stuck on the quests:
- I Fought The Law: Can't scan the characters and conversation during the Braindance sequence during the limo ride,
- Riders on the Storm: Can't scan the tire tracks during the drone flight,
- Gimme Danger: Can't scan the Arasaka compound while on the roof with Takemura. This is the one that is preventing me from progressing through the main storyline.

If you guys are having the same issue or found a solution, please let me know.

It's best to report this here:
(please read their suggestions, and if nothing helps you can send a ticket to CDPR support by clicking on Contact Us).

If it definitely is not controls-related (and remapping, or different controllers are not helping) but a bug you could also try a save game before the bug started to appear. I know you might lose a lot of progress but if it's a bug that affects your save game it might only get worse the longer you play...

If nothing works, hopefully, CDPR will be able to fix this issue.

Hello.

The problem I have is that when I try to scan the objective of a mission. Where the magnifying glass appears, a watch also appears as waiting and I cannot scan the objective at any time. This makes it unable to complete many missions.
I have no save files prior to this issue. And I have been playing for more than 50 hours so starting a new character I don't think about it.
A mission for example that is happening to me is with the mission "riders of the storm". When I have to scan the car wheel marks, it doesn't let me scan it at any time.

Does anyone know a fix for this or will I have to wait to see if I'm lucky and they fix it in a patch? because I can't complete any mission where I have to scan.

Thx all.

Attachments

• image_1.png
    image_1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • image_2.png
    image_2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
I'm having the same problem. I've been playing for more than 50 hours and I have no save files where I don't have this problem. If anyone finds they know how to fix it...
If not... I will have to pray that CDPR fixes this problem in a patch...

Attachments

• image_1.png
    image_1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
  • image_2.png
    image_2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 95
I started a new game again already. I am suggesting that to you too cuz this problem is not common, so CDPR will not going to solve it in early future. Even If they solve this I think it is not going to be solved for our saves. It will be solved for new games to never happen again. I am saying it again, I think our saves are broken not the game.

Ran into this issue after 30 hours in. I'm stuck at the Gimmie Danger and the Ghost Town missions. Both want me to scan the area but nothing registers.

Tried:
-Verifying the game cache on Steam
-Re-loading to a save before either mission
-Foolishly did all of the over main quests to see if something was preventing it from triggering

Nothing has worked so far. Only thing I haven't done was try a really early save that loses me 10+ hours worth of progression. Probably just gonna put the game down. I'd rather not slog through the story again after investing so much time in the side quests. Ironically I can't even submit a bug report, that's not working for me either.

Same here with Ghost town scan 3 devices and Gimme Danger - Scan the area. I opened a support ticket but didn't get a confirmation email...

I'm also having this issue on Ghost Town, but weirdly scanning one of the tarot card (The Tower) which also doesn't work for me!

Be interested to see how this gets sorted as I currently cannot progress the main mission.

I've got no mods, tried going back a bit and reloading, and scanner works find elsewhere (i.e. combat).

Top Bottom