Scanning does not count

+
having the same problem as well, tried pretty much everything.
hope this get fixed.
Untitled.jpg

Hi,

I've got the same issue (fight the law first part) . I joined my save files

Attachments

• AutoSave-1.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
Anyone know if the new patch has sorted this out?

Weirdly, this seems to be quite specific for me. I've not been able to scan "The Tower" Tarot card, but was able to scan others since then, so it seems like it's only in some instances. Admittedly I had to get really close to the graffiti, which I couldn't do for The Tower.

Mind you, that didn't help on Ghost Town where scanning just didn't register for that mission, but again, does in other missions since.
Post automatically merged:

So just tried the tarot card in Arasaka tower again, and it's still not working for me :(

Last edited:
Yeah, the scanner is very buggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Seems to be consistent in its' inconsistency for me, at least...
Post automatically merged:

So just tried the tarot card in Arasaka tower again, and it's still not working for me :(

Last edited:
As it says in the title, I've had a game breaking instance of not being able to scan in Ghost Town, I can't finish the Fool on the Hill, and also other side quests like the one (name escapes me) where the doctor asks you to scan a patient.

I'm not seeing much on here about this, so wondering if there is either a workaround people know of (mods?) or if this is actually affecting lots of people like me?

I'm getting more and more situation during small sidequests (looking for bloodstains), contracts (identifying the deaht cause) where we are supposed to scan "yellowish" items/objects to complete the quest.

The problem is the scan just seemed to stop working for me in every situation like this.

Now i'm in Jackie's garage in the quest "Heroes" where i'm supposed to scan around but i can't scan anything. So i'm stuck in the garage and i can't do anything.

This is totally game breaking since I can't go on. I've seen another thread mentionning the problem in main quests, so basically my game is done.

It would be great to have an update on this issue.

Thanks

I sadly have the same problem with the ghost town scan devices quest (21)... did submit the Sdavegames to cdpr...

I cant complete any mission, where you have to scan an object.
Worst is "Gimme Danger" so i can´t progress in the Main Story :(

Same, it started with a sidemission when I had to track down some bloodstains but i couldn't scan them.

And then it was a contract in a motel where I had to scan a dead body.*

Now it's "Heroes" mission in Jackie's garage where i can't scan anything and i'm just stuck forever in the garage. This is seriously a joke. I'm pretty sure my main quests will be stuck as well in the future. I'm 40h into the game and kinda lost the will to continue this mascarade.

@alexeihaigh : You can get the Tower card if you crawl in the stairs and spam "F" behind the wall where the graffiti is. I did that to bypass my scanner issue.

Same problem - also yellow marker on the box i put in the car the quest before this , reloaded way before the box and ended up the same way.
So ghost town - scan 3 objects - the main quest bugged...

bugs.png

Play it safe - main quest - bugged - Takemura called just when i entered a gig area so his call was like.. overwritten by the gig call, he never called again. ( tried calling him / sleep / do random quests... etc. he wont call.. already progressed like 10 lvl's since he called )

1608466204181.png

So basically the 2 main quests i got - i can't progress.... 1.05 didn't fix these..

I just reached the main quest "Ghost Town" and that's it, I can't progress anymore because scanning doesn't work
Cyberpunk 2077® 2020.12.20 - 14.13.14.01.png

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM. Discovered with one of main quests of 2nd act: Panam with ghost town. I cant s can and go over...

After 1.05 patch..XBOX SERIES X buggs quest.. second run after patch quest dont work riders on the storm= cant scan vehicle tracks. 2:cyberpsycho sighting the wasteland, cant scan the blood or any briefcase. 3 the hunt- cant scan the files, file cabinet.

Things that were possible before this patch that work now doesnt work. Maybe more other quest...

Top Bottom