Scanning does not count

+
Ashka/Pish solution confirmed for me as well. I wonder if this means that we all opted to (in some fashion) opted to back Stout? It's so odd that Gilchrist's body under an overpass somewhere put a dead stop on the ability to get scan story cues, but wow, I'm finally back in business. Seriously, try this if you are one of the affected.

Simpson3000- If you are ever able to get story cues for gold highlighted objects, you aren't affected by the bug. This isn't a 'weird angle'/reticle not over the target kind of thing. We're all used to that. This is a no joke, NO story scan cues work AND there's a GUI cue in that the magnifying glass icon for story scannable objects permanently had an hourglass on it. Support already acknowledged it, and apparently, they finally figured out what broke it for the affected.

Okay all... FIXED!

Thanks to Ashka from support for providing me this!

Workaround:
  1. Find Gilchrist's corpse, approach it and trigger Johnny's comment about it.
  2. Once you do it, clue-scanning should again work correctly.

I just tried this, teleported to Ghost Town and the scanner works again! YEAHHHH!!

View attachment 11157998View attachment 11158001
Worked to fix the problem I had with not being able to scan any clues in the BD for the Disasterpiece quest. Thank you so much! I hope this gets more attention as it should hopefully help out more players.

What a great news ! Too bad I choose not to continue my GeForceNow subscription so i can't play and try it :)

Anyway Good job for that really weird fix. :ROFLMAO:

Thx Pish180!!! You gave the clue to fix my scanning bug!!!

For all who didn't have the corpse of Gilchrist: look for the corpse of Meredith Stout instead!

She can be found in the water near the harbour Watson Northside.
PS_App_20210203_085549.jpeg

Unfucking believable. I've been waiting since December 2020 for CDPR to answer my stupid ticket and a random person in a forum solved the issue for me before them. It's outrageous. Thank you so much Pish180. Scanning Gilchrist corpse and listening to Johny's comment solved the scanner not scanning issue.

As for CDPR shame on you for not helping us for nearly 2 months on a game breaking bug, that had no work around and made my gaming experience miserable.

Very nice, it worked for me! Thank you for sharing.
I am a little upset tho, because I didn't get an answer from the support. But well, problem solved, so I am okay.

I couldn't agree more! However, we should probably all understand that CDPR... while not publically announced they are taking a MASSIVE financial beating right now! And while I'll be honest this game was not up to a standard that I would have liked... there have been MANY other games (MUCH LESS COMPLEX) than this one with worse releases.

CDPR is a great studio and I really HOPE they survive all this! If you get to the ending I want a sequel to this game. This was hands down one of the best games I've played even with all the issues. They have put so much time into making this and outside of the bugs it really is an EPIC game!

Ultimately I'm glad this was finally resolved and we can continue the storyline and I felt it was my duty to share the resolution with the community to help because Support and their Dev teams right now are on Damage Control. No other company do I know of that actively allowed refunds, this is VERY BOLD and really could bankrupt the company. Hope we can all support CDPR despite other companies trying to cancel them.

Good luck and make saves near the end so you can see the different endings!

Did you make sure your optic implant is still installed? Sometimes the game resets to default settings.

The problem is still happening.

I can't scan any yellow highlighted objects and I have tried the proposed solution from Pish180 and Tjess78 and the Johnny Dialogue just won't trigger.

Even send a ticket to CDPR with my save file attached too

Is there a chance that your Kiroshi eye cyberware got uninstalled? I had a problem with this happening a few times recently with my projectile arm. I accidentally equipped a grenade, replacing it in the inventory grenade area, and I wasn't able to just do the usual re-equiping of it. It had also dropped right out of the cyberware area itself (not just the inventory grenade area), and I had to get a ripper to re-install it. It was still owned by me, so I didn't have to buy a new one. Maybe that happened with your eye. See a ripper doc and check.
Post automatically merged:

Doh! Just realized that I fell for replying to a really old thread due to a spammer making a recent reply just before me.

Last edited:
Проблема все еще не устранена.

Я не могу сканировать объекты, выделенные желтым цветом, и я пробовал предлагаемое решение от Pish180 и Tjess78, и диалог Johnny просто не запускается.

Даже отправить билет в CDPR с прикрепленным сохранением
hello, I had a similar problem, and the solution from Pish180 did not help me, it only helped me to complete the "Thaw" quest where you find the refrigerator in the dump next to the dexter deshon corpse

hello, I had a similar problem, and the solution from Pish180 did not help me, it only helped me to complete the "Thaw" quest where you find the refrigerator in the dump next to the dexter deshon corpse
I have completed that quest and it still does not work for me.

Still broken, workaround described doesn't work. Completely blocked from proceeding in the game. Tx, appreciate it.

Okay all... FIXED!

Thanks to Ashka from support for providing me this!

Workaround:
  1. Find Gilchrist's corpse, approach it and trigger Johnny's comment about it.
  2. Once you do it, clue-scanning should again work correctly.

I just tried this, teleported to Ghost Town and the scanner works again! YEAHHHH!!

View attachment 11157998View attachment 11158001
hello, this solution doesn't work for me because I can't scan Gilchrist's corpse and can't start a conversation with jhonny either. Does anyone have any other solution

Topluluk Tarafından Doğrulandı simgesi

I had this same problem this week. Went back to a save file 10 hours back. After about 3 hours of time spent catching up, I ran into the issue again. Very frustrating, but luckily I was able to narrow it down and find the cause for my issue.

My issue was caused by the quest 'KOLD MIRAGE.' I had been to the landfill before and had the dialogue with Johnny, but forgot to take the deck from the fridge. After a few hours of gameplay, I went back to the landfill to get the deck. When you go back, the fridge is CLOSED, but you still get an option to take the deck. If you don't open the fridge first, THEN take the deck, you will get this scanning issue. So, open the fridge, then take the deck by either scanning the corpse OR choosing the 'take deck' option.

I haven't done much testing, but I don't think there's a way to fix it after. You can't scan the corpse once the deck has been taken, and your save file will stay broken. For now, I think you'll have to just load a save from before this point.

edit: I'm going to use the broken save files I have, and will test if completing the quest (talking to Nix etc.) fixes it.

edit 2: Complete 'KOLD MIRAGE' fixed my broken save! Hopefully this helps someone else.

Last edited:
Completing Kold mirage worked on my save.

It would appear that this GAME BREAKING bug is directly tied to interaction with Johnny somehow. Which would explain why the other proposed fixes "worked" on other saves. Since ALL fixes have apparently involved Johnny appearing.

!!!!! I HAVE A SOLUTION !!!!!

The game was broken near Dexter DeShawn.
000.jpg

You need to find a fridge round there
0001.jpg

It SHOULD be closed, but it is NOT. This is a Schrödinger fridge, you know... If you stand in front of it, you may OPEN it or CLOSE it. So - open it now!
001.jpg

002.jpg

And the video for better understanding:

God damned game.....

Thanks @un_grave !!! Worked like a charm! It is really ridiculous that for a thread with 5 pages and tens people affected - no fix, no even a reply from Project Red.

Top Bottom