Scoia'tael Deck Strategies

+
interesting, do you run isengrim or vernossiel?

I dont run Isengrim but he could definitely be a good addition, i do run Yaevinn and Vernossiel, and put elves on back row, dwarves and other units on front, except Triss TK usually played for bone talisman (careful in matches where opponent has many special bronzes though)

My matchups have been against Symbiosis, HC Passiflora. O.Hunger and some NG, have yet to see how it holds up vs SK Warriors.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I spent awhile without playing my 'Kinda Elves' swarm deck, because i was afraid of breaking its winstreak (hey if i dont use it, then it never loses :shrug:)

But played a bit with it yesterday and today, on ranked. I have to say i was only Rank 9, which is pretty low, as i didnt play ranked on the last seasons, but guess what...

Winstreak of the deck went from 10 to 16, still undefeated! And now i can also boast that i've defeated a couple of SK Warriors (the closest match of all was vs a PF with Dagur, but fortunately he had bloodthirst cards like Madman Lugos and Champions Charge instead of Hemdall or Wild Boar, so i ended up crushing with swarm).

And with that, my humble ST deck can claim it has defeated all the meta decks, from Shieldwall to OH, from SK Warriors to Symbiosis, from HC Passiflora to NG Ball :cool:

I will retire now, until the next expansion. See you in a month.

The new-ish Symbiosis ability is actually really good for an effective Scoia deck when pared with the Nature's Gift faction ability. When building, search for "Nature" first, and use just about each of those cards, and then search "Symbiosis" and add all those cards. Add Forest Protector, which can reuse a spent Nature's Rebuke for a 5-damage removal card, plus 2 boost to a treant on your side. Additionally, Hamadryad not only has Symbiosis, but it boosts itself conditionally when it has Vitality, which means the benefit from Nature's Gift become 12 boost rather than 6 boost, and it synergizes with Dryad's Caress, Ida Emean Aep Sivney, and Shaping Nature.

You will want to use only Scoia'tael cards for this deck to get the benefit of Eithne Young Queen's Devotion ability which allows Eithne Mother to tranfsorm into Eithne: Wrath of the Brokilon, giving the benefit of having Symbiosis on top of the 2 Young Dryads that are spawned in the row.

A major weakness of this deck is Geralt: Yrden, which'll reset a whole row's boost and totally takedown this strategy. Further, there are a handful of neutral faction cards that reset a unit, as well as 1 Northern Realms card and one Nilfgaard card. However, if you can get your opponent to use these cards in the first round, you can shoot for a third round victory. Other than that, try to split your card plays evenly between the rows to limit the negative impact of resets.

I spent awhile without playing my 'Kinda Elves' swarm deck, because i was afraid of breaking its winstreak (hey if i dont use it, then it never loses :shrug:)

But played a bit with it yesterday and today, on ranked. I have to say i was only Rank 9, which is pretty low, as i didnt play ranked on the last seasons, but guess what...
[...]
And with that, my humble ST deck can claim it has defeated all the meta decks, from Shieldwall to OH, from SK Warriors to Symbiosis, from HC Passiflora to NG Ball :cool:
I really like the elves. You can make good decks in a spectrum between swarm and controll. Everything between is viable. There are easy enough options for a fast pointslam swarm in Vernossiel, feign death and Ele'yas. Good control with the likes of Yeaven and Toruviel, Vernossiel for sure and our good friend the bow(man). You can fully comit with Avanguard or bone talisman or go more hate with Heatwave and Coc. Even Oak is an option again. I like the angry elves. And they are angry for sure. And as a wise little spider once sad: Angry is good. Angry gets shit done.
Everytime I come back to this game after having paused a while I start with elves and I always kick some ass. DOL Blathana!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I really like the elves. You can make good decks in a spectrum between swarm and controll. Everything between is viable. There are easy enough options for a fast pointslam swarm in Vernossiel, feign death and Ele'yas. Good control with the likes of Yeaven and Toruviel, Vernossiel for sure and our good friend the bow(man). You can fully comit with Avanguard or bone talisman or go more hate with Heatwave and Coc. Even Oak is an option again. I like the angry elves. And they are angry for sure. And as a wise little spider once sad: Angry is good. Angry gets shit done.
Everytime I come back to this game after having paused a while I start with elves and I always kick some ass. DOL Blathana!

That post you quoted was from November, so a little bit out of context.
However, elves were already pretty good back then, but they got even better on the past 3 months or so, mostly due to the revival of ST traps thanks to Eldain.

If you returned to the game recently and havent tried elf traps, give it a go, both 'pure elves' or 'elf traps' are the closest ST got to a tier 1 deck, but using the latter dont expect many GGs as it's very hated, you can play unitless and on the last 3 turns do like 60 point swing with eldain-(leader)-vernossiel-isengrim.

I saw the date but the keywords triggered anyway. :love:The return of traps was honestly a big push to revisit this (still one of my favorite) games. The first time ever I reached Pro rank two years ago was with a homebrewed antimeta(blob) trap-eldain-deck. I'm still nostalgic about this one. And shout out to the last existing bamboozle card "Mahakam Horn". Oh what a joy to play it in a bleed (yeah i was bleeding with traps hrhrhr) and droping hatory for another one. My oponent counted for one and did not try to get CA. But when the second triggered, I guess he was kinda "serious? SERIOUS?"

Top Bottom