Scoia'tael not dead?

+
Scoia'tael not dead?

as ST player only, at least in ranked, i was bit worried how will the faction stand after the Nilfgaard arrival and so far so good! playing Ele'yas deck, its super fun and it works surprisingly great. currently climbing to rank 10 so dunno how would it work in higher leagues, but so far i havent lost single game against Nilfgaard for instance, doing fine against Monsters and Skellige, only real struggle are Henselt/Marguerita decks. gotta try the dwarves aswell. whats your opinions on post-patch Scoia'tael?

It is less fun to play due to the reduced agility (locked rows for many cards now) but the faction is at least competent. ST got stiffed with the new gold/silver cards this patch but their new bronze are good.

That's not my experience regarding my elf control deck. I get destroyed in ranked now and lose a fair amount in casual too.

rajule;n7725020 said:
That's not my experience regarding my elf control deck. I get destroyed in ranked now...

This is a different patch, you can't play last patch's decks.

milosh69;n7725120 said:
Dwarf decks are still kicking my behind after the patch.

i fought a dwarf deck that went: operator => barclay =>mildva => barclay => decoy so 5 barclay wind up being played, (6 if i include playing my barclay after he played his then the mildva hit) wound up getting kicked to the curb that game!

pallywal;n7725320 said:
i fought a dwarf deck that went: operator => barclay =>mildva => barclay => decoy so 5 barclay wind up being played, (6 if i include playing my barclay after he played his then the mildva hit) wound up getting kicked to the curb that game!

Wow. That's nuts, but needs a few cards and a lucky draw. Only seen a dwarf deck bounce him with decoy.

My problem with ST is that many critical cards are gold rarity, which I very few of.

Kinglionsfox;n7725480 said:
Wow. That's nuts, but needs a few cards and a lucky draw. Only seen a dwarf deck bounce him with decoy.
it isn't as nuts as it sounds to be honest. The buff itself is meager 5 in this case. These days, it's not much at all.
Kinglionsfox;n7725480 said:
My problem with ST is that many critical cards are gold rarity, which I very few of.
You mean Legendary Gold, correct? It is true and was warranted before the last patch. Now, however...

HenryGrosmont;n7725580 said:
it isn't as nuts as it sounds to be honest. The buff itself is meager 5 in this case. These days, it's not much at all.

You mean Legendary Gold, correct? It is true and was warranted before the last patch. Now, however...

Yes, I guess. Epic is purple then? I don't remember and the naming convention isn't obvious. But yeah, haven't seen a deck that could be good without any legendaries. I prefer decks that can work effectively without them. Legendaries should complement the decks, not make them.

Kinglionsfox;n7725840 said:
Yes, I guess. Epic is purple then? I don't remember and the naming convention isn't obvious. But yeah, haven't seen a deck that could be good without any legendaries. I prefer decks that can work effectively without them. Legendaries should complement the decks, not make them.
Epic is purple. While I agree that it would've been nice if the decks worked on their own, I don't see it happening for many reasons.
Lexandre;n7726040 said:
as expected ST are very difficult to kill
Which is a good thing.

HenryGrosmont;n7725580 said:

note a meager 5 STR on EVERY dwarf which makes every mahakam defender 10 STR that last 3 rounds (thats a permanent 30 STR if left un-chequed and all 3 are on the board), I just played 2 more games against this deck and it gets rowdy quick if you don't have a scorch or igni cause Alzur's thunder wont even kill anything on the board once barclay is played and you need 2 Alzur's to remove barclay or a scorch and if they played operator then that wont even work. Even weather wont work cause even if you manage to win the 1st round they have 18-28 STR mahakam defenders on the board if they play right (swallows, thunderbolts with mahakam guards with the added 5 STR from barclay replays) winds up for a nasty decks that can be hard to counter.

and dont get me wrong in not saying its cheap or anything like that. I'm just stating from my experience it can be really rowdy to play against, and i enjoy the challenge!

pallywal;n7726240 said:
note a meager 5 STR on EVERY dwarf which makes every mahakam defender 10 STR that last 3 rounds (thats a permanent 30 STR if left un-chequed and all 3 are on the board), I just played 2 more games against this deck and it gets rowdy quick if you don't have a scorch or igni cause Alzur's thunder wont even kill anything on the board once barclay is played and you need 2 Alzur's to remove barclay or a scorch and if they played operator then that wont even work. Even weather wont work cause even if you manage to win the 1st round they have 18-28 STR mahakam defenders on the board if they play right (swallows, thunderbolts with mahakam guards with the added 5 STR from barclay replays) winds up for a nasty decks that can be hard to counter.

and dont get me wrong in not saying its cheap or anything like that. I'm just stating from my experience it can be really rowdy to play against, and i enjoy the challenge!
Don't get me wrong, I like it. Finally my "Dwarves Only" deck is worth something. But compared with Axeman (you can play it eight times and get buffed from anything) and, to a lesser extend, Vran (which you can easily keep for three rounds on the board as well) it looks "meh".
And most importantly, Barklay's five plays require 5 cards and a precise draw. And this alone should make the "meager" statement accurate.

HenryGrosmont;n7726430 said:
Don't get me wrong, I like it. Finally my "Dwarves Only" deck is worth something. But compared with Axeman (you can play it eight times and get buffed from anything) and, to a lesser extend, Vran (which you can easily keep for three rounds on the board as well) it looks "meh".
And most importantly, Barklay's five plays require 5 cards and a precise draw. And this alone should make the "meager" statement accurate.

This ! Btw - if the opponent plays Barclay it has no impact to your dwarfs - only on the ones he did maybe steal from your graveyard. Happened to me twice yesterday

Fix rows really made them bad. Also they nerfed 2 of my favourite and best cards. Milva cant send units back after the opponent pass and Ciaran still silver but worth only 1 dmg.

Also Malena do one dmg..... for a silver card... AND the Saskia picture change.....

PandaLin;n7730480 said:
AND the Saskia picture change.....

That's the biggest nerf in my opinion.

Malena though is pretty good, she shoots 1 dmg because you can have a lot more elves (and she even shoots if you bounce them with decoy & bmc) than Nithral can have wild hunt units, and he's a legendary.

HenryGrosmont;n7726430 said:

your right compared to the axemen this isnt that bad.
and your also right having to play 5 cards to get the combo makes it less viable. I guess i just dont like the work meager cause if you get it, and lets say you only have 10 units total in your deck (Skirmishers, guards, defenders and yarpen works out to an extra 50 STR) which defiantly is not meager in STR but Meager if you consider how much it takes to get this bonus.

Also i was guess im having a hard time against this deck and advice to counter it? I play monster btw....

ValhallasChosen;n7736800 said:
I'm pretty sure thats the point of his comment. The new patch wrecked his deck.

and my point was every main patch (excluding hotfixes) has always caused us to have to change up nearly every deck. The changes to weather, card advantage (decoy/spies), commander's horn, Dbomb, etc etc. this time changed the game big time yet again.

Squirrels still alive and kicking!

Malena+Ele'yas= working non-Isengrim neophyte deck again, at least for me. Even if it is only 1 dmg, it has some effect on the opponent and it has good sinergies with Vri Vanguard (2 damage in this case), FT, Vri Officer, and Isengrim for those who use him.

Iris, even if it is a neutral card, is awesome with neo decks. And you can kill her with Saskia or with a Vri Officer, or with the last one dmg from Myrgtabrake, no need to nuke her with a serious card. You can even feed her to a Vran and laugh. Uh, I'm sorry, Iris...
Ithilene is a very good card too; since I have her in the deck didn't encounter any SK axeman deck, but I suppose it will not be fun for them if you lock their axemen. Useful againts other factions too!
Also dwarf decks are beggining to be effective.

Of course they are not so fun after removing agility for the majority of ST units; stil, the nerf I don't understand, and not for this patch, is Aelirenn. Pretty useless card IMO now.
I don't like all the changes, and still haven't found a real use for th new bronze units, but we are not wrecked yet!

Top Bottom