Scoia'Tael OP: Brouver + Saskia + Witchers

+
Scoia'Tael OP: Brouver + Saskia + Witchers

So in round one Brouver Hoog trigers Saskia and play vesemir which trigers Lambert and Eskel. Thats insane power for first move !

An interesting move, but open beta has been live for less than...two hours maybe? I think it is a bit early to say such a thing...

Other factions has insane moves too. Nilfgaard for example got the unit which employs when revealed and draws a card + imperial guard reveal combo.

But combined with Eithne who can spam 2 lacerates its destroyes my chrones

Last edited:
Pruny;n8608580 said:
But combined with Eithne who cand spam 2 lacerates its destroyes my chrones

Are you saying Monsters should have a high tempo play but scoia'tael not? :p

No, i say Eredin can only play a bronze card, so it would be fair to have a monster gold card that trigers with the leader like Saskia.

Pruny;n8610950 said:
No, i say Eredin can only play a bronze card, so it would be fair to have a monster gold card that trigers with the leader like Saskia.

Why?
If you have complaints about Eredin, I can understand that, but I've not played enough to know if he is an inferior leader. But I don't see why one faction must have the same thing as other faction just because it seems "better".

I wouldn't call them OP because of a crone like effect. You can draw either one of those sillvers and the Saskia in your hand after mulligans. Also that's 3 silver slots and a gold for that 1 combo. I utilise it in my Schirru/Special build which i'm having great success with but trust me the bad hands are there.

I never understood why people used crones / witchers anyways. That's pretty much 3 silver cards less to worry about. And Saskia, a gold card with no ability? Useless. You might get an advantage on 1st round but that won't help you win the remaining 2 rounds.

kaalev;n8622360 said:
I never understood why people used crones / witchers anyways. That's pretty much 3 silver cards less to worry about. And Saskia, a gold card with no ability? Useless. You might get an advantage on 1st round but that won't help you win the remaining 2 rounds.

It's great for pressuring for the first round (card advantage) and deck thinning which also helps your round 2 as your more likely to draw into your other power cards. Winning round 1 allows you to dictate how many cards your oppenent must spend in round 2 which is a huge advantage. However the downside of running the likes of Crone are the required silver slots and the potential bad hands which I try to mitigate somewhat by running a Schirru and for Crones a Toad.

After seeing NG and having the passives nixed, I seriously thought that I wouldn't have to see another ST is OP thread. Oh well...

Pretty sure they have the weakest starter deck. Looking it over and trying a few times, I think they're going to be the most expensive or time consuming to reach the point that I'd like. I miss their ability to control who goes first... it used to be THE essential part of a winning strategy for me, with them.

it was cheating, like milva + roach. because of that 90% of my ranked matches were against brouver hoog.

This damned scoiatel control its getting worse, i had a game today with an oponent that played only special cards, just one final troop buffed ...
used carateker only to resurect roach because it trigered with saskia in first round.

Pruny;n8649660 said:
This damned scoiatel control its getting worse, i had a game today with an oponent that played only special cards, just one final troop buffed ...
used carateker only to resurect roach because it trigered with saskia in first round.

How can he only have played one unit? :x did you draw round 1 with 0 units on the board? o_O

I am just watching THESUM89 playing ST control on twitch . He's decimating them. Completely op and frustrating to play vs. He just spams special cards waiting for his protectors to buff to insane levels. There doesn't seem to be any reliable counter to that so far, judging by the decks he meets. If this doesn't get a solid nerf soon, either will everybody play it soon or ppl will just get frustrated with this and leave the game.
Let's hope they balance well, still being in beta.

I wouldn't say it's OP. It's pretty damn decent though, if any nerf should happen it should be on NG, now that's what I call insane.

Avetohol;n8681760 said:
I am just watching THESUM89 playing ST control on twitch . He's decimating them. Completely op and frustrating to play vs. He just spams special cards waiting for his protectors to buff to insane levels. There doesn't seem to be any reliable counter to that so far, judging by the decks he meets. If this doesn't get a solid nerf soon, either will everybody play it soon or ppl will just get frustrated with this and leave the game.
Let's hope they balance well, still being in beta.

Cards like maerdrome and peter saar gwynleve counters protectors easily, also cards which banishes\steals\removes them from the deck counter it very well.

Scoiatael's 24 points RUSH with the first card

[h=1]Brouver Hoog[/h] [h=1]Saskia[/h] [h=1]Roach[/h] [h=1]Dennis Cranmer (.... or Barclay Els & Mahakam Defender)[/h]
This is a rush with at least 24 points (or 26 points and a 8 point Resilient-Unit)! RNG is disabled. All you need to do is mulligan these 3 cards back into your deck. There is no RNG.

How to conter this rush? You need at least 2 cards, mostly 3 cards.
Do you think this is overpowered?

Top Bottom