Scoia'Tel deck penalized by the latest update.

+
Scoia'Tel deck penalized by the latest update.

Took me 40 hours of gameplay to build a decent Scoia'Tel deck to play with, but now it's ruined thanks to your latest update. Monster was the strongest deck before and now it's even stronger.

Changes that penalized my deck:
Aelirenn: she no longer adds 1 strength to all elf cards on your side when appearing.
Isengrim: he now spawns 1 Commando Neophytes instead of 2 each time you use a Special Card (making it more difficult to make Aelirenn appear).
Vrihedd Dragoon: he used to spawn a Commando Neophyte each time his strength was affected in any way, now he just adds 3 strength to a card in your hand.

The strength of my entire deck was based on these cards and now you ruined it. It doesn't make sense to play with elves any more, it's no longer fun if I have to lose every time, and since elves are my favorite species in the Witcher world I will just stop playing Gwent altogether. Thanks CD Project Red.

Drama much eh ? Those nerfs took me by surprise as well, but bitching about it won't helo much. The patch is out not even a day. how about to see where it will go, try to tweak decks, find new synergies with the new cards. Dragoon might be useful with quen.

Just an idea, try adapting for more than 5 minutes before you start bitching.

Koaalar.424;n7289640 said:
Drama much eh ? Those nerfs took me by surprise as well, but bitching about it won't helo much. The patch is out not even a day. how about to see where it will go, try to tweak decks, find new synergies with the new cards. Dragoon might be useful with quen.

Just an idea, try adapting for more than 5 minutes before you start bitching.

Tweak decks? LOL wtf bro? When I find a deck that works I spam that shit over and over because I like to win without much effort. That thinking concept you speak about is not compatible with me. Now let me bitch and whine and do a dramatic exit cursing at everyone for ruining my deck.

******Sarcasm******

btw i got rekt on my first matches with the new patch. I see people doing new strats already and I'm getting matched against really good players. On ranked won 2 lost 2. I did some casual matches and won 1 lost 2. :(

I recent started playing with Scoiatael and I'm ok with the changes.

The dragoon is a weird thing, but it opens a ton of possibilities (Buff Ciaran or other ambush card, or the Dryad card).

The only card I think was destroyed (In ST) is Aelirenn.
She really needs some kind of buff in the next patch, cause she is a very ''meh'' card now.

Maybe something as simple as buffing to 8 her base strength.

Monalba;n7289850 said:
I recent started playing with Scoiatael and I'm ok with the changes.

The dragoon is a weird thing, but it opens a ton of possibilities (Buff Ciaran or other ambush card, or the Dryad card).

The only card I think was destroyed (In ST) is Aelirenn.
She really needs some kind of buff in the next patch, cause she is a very ''meh'' card now.

Maybe something as simple as buffing to 8 her base strength.

She still would be too useless.

I also got matched up with really good players today lol, they were pretty outstanding and I play since a month (had 69 level before today). I'm currently 1176 in ranking or something..but it seems really harder to win than in normal matches (ranking seems like a cool way to check how many active players there are approx.)

KasumiGoto;n7290050 said:

I also got matched up with really good players today lol, they were pretty outstanding and I play since a month (had 69 level before today). I'm currently 1176 in ranking or something..but it seems really harder to win than in normal matches (ranking seems like a cool way to check how many active players there are approx.)

Yeah, I've played a few matches with ST, with a few tweaks, and I'm doing ok, but I'm considering taking out Aelirenn in favor for some silver special, probably.

I did play with my ST deck without changing anything, had a pretty even run (something like 8 win / 4 loose) more loose than usual, but i'm definitly taking Aelirenn out of the deck, totally useless now. the combo was glorious, now i'ts just a wasted silver spot in the deck.

ManuW3;n7289700 said:
When I find a deck that works I spam that shit over and over because I like to win without much effort

What's the point of winning without much effort? The best wins you'll get are when there's a little bit of challenge, don't you think? For me, the purpose of a game is to have fun and to face some kind of challenge, not to win.

Esclive;n7290660 said:
What's the point of winning without much effort? The best wins you'll get are when there's a little bit of challenge, don't you think? For me, the purpose of a game is to have fun and to face some kind of challenge, not to win.

You didn't see the sarcasm bit I'm guessing.

KasumiGoto;n7290050 said:

Same here, I got rekt by some really good players with some really strong decks I hadn't faced before the patch.

does Aelirenn really not buff any cards? I read it as her just not buffing herself when she appears.

Gaillimh;n7289520 said:
Monster was the strongest deck before and now it's even stronger.

Monsters were strong only before the first patch. Ever since all other factions are more powerful.
If you play with all factions you see that very clearly.

I am really disappointed by the changes to Scoia'tael. Not because of power. I don't really think that it has lost so much power, but it has lost... let's call it freshness.

The change to the Vrihedd is the poster child of this: it was a cool card, one that you play as a simple 5-strength and then do something with it down the line. Very Scoia'tael-ish. Now it's just another boring card that just adds strength to another. We already had the mahakam guard for that.

I understand that with a 3-strength Neophyte the Vrihedd would have been too much, but I would have rather overnerfed Isengrim by leaving him with only one 2-strength Neophyte and leave the Vrihedd as it was. Furthermore, now it's one less unit that can spawn Neophytes, which indirectly affects Ele'yas for instance.

Same goes for Aglaïs. I don't see the problem with playing cards from the opponent's graveyard. At the end of the day you are playing just one card anyway. But having that option meant that every now and then you could surprise your opponent by picking up Reinforcement or Restoration or something like that, which for me keeps the matches fresh.

The change to Aelirenn was completely unnecessary, but I am ready to change my opinion if somebody provides some explanation.

The change to Braenn also kind of blows my mind. It's possibly the last card I would have thought needed change, either for better or for worse.

So, just to summarize, extremely disappointing changes that in my opinion make the deck worse. Not worse as in "weaker". Just plain worse.

And finally, why not admit it, a wee bit pissed to see that other decks have gotten some brutal changes to alredy good cards (Hjalmar) or pretty damn good new cards (Keira Metz, as if the gold-spawning Northern Realmers needed *even more* untouchable units), and not seeing the same love devoted to Scoia'tael.

Last edited:
Scoiatael is pretty much the same i mean the top Eithne deck. The only change is getting another silver instead of Aelirenn and change Borkh to another gold thats it. Control Scoiatael looks still very strong to me but will see probably in few days how it goes.

Gaillimh;n7289520 said:
Took me 40 hours of gameplay to build a decent Scoia'Tel deck to play with, but now it's ruined thanks to your latest update. Monster was the strongest deck before and now it's even stronger.

Changes that penalized my deck:
Aelirenn: she no longer adds 1 strength to all elf cards on your side when appearing.
Isengrim: he now spawns 1 Commando Neophytes instead of 2 each time you use a Special Card (making it more difficult to make Aelirenn appear).
Vrihedd Dragoon: he used to spawn a Commando Neophyte each time his strength was affected in any way, now he just adds 3 strength to a card in your hand.

The strength of my entire deck was based on these cards and now you ruined it. It doesn't make sense to play with elves any more, it's no longer fun if I have to lose every time, and since elves are my favorite species in the Witcher world I will just stop playing Gwent altogether. Thanks CD Project Red.

You forgot to mention the fact of the other squirrel nerf. Ambush trap cards no longer spawn a Neophyte when triggered (or 2 if the card was destroyed) now it just gives a strength hit to your opponent

Top Bottom