Scorch is WAY too powerful

+
To an extent, I agree with the sentiment that the card is overpowered. Its potential effect is so great you basically have to tailor your strategy just on the assumption that everyone you play against has it, always keeping it foremost in your mind so you don't make a mistake and get your game-winning strategy scorched. Can't buff your units too much else they may get scorched. Have to try to play weak cards until your opponent plays a strong one to protect yours from scorching. Have to have a "weaker" strong card to try to bait out the scorch before you can play your real strategy. Have to come up with some way to "protect" your cards from scorch. Is there any other single card in the game that's included in almost every deck that requires so much protecting against? A card that has that much effect on virtually every strategy in the game does seem to me to be overpowered.

Last edited:
All i can think of is that you lost a game due to scorch and now you went "complaining" to forums that it's overpowered when it's not. There are tons of ways to avoid scorch, you have healers that revive units, northern realms can change cards to gold to protect them etc.

You can also draw it out from your opponent, play something powerful that looks to him like a threat so he's gonna waste it on that. AFAIK you can only have one per deck so once he uses it you can "safely" boost your units.

All i can think of is that you lost a game due to scorch and now you went "complaining" to forums that it's overpowered when it's not. There are tons of ways to avoid scorch, you have healers that revive units, northern realms can change cards to gold to protect them etc.

You can also draw it out from your opponent, play something powerful that looks to him like a threat so he's gonna waste it on that. AFAIK you can only have one per deck so once he uses it you can "safely" boost your units.

Clap clap clap

I disagree.

If the opponent is playing wise, it is very rare for you to catch an opportunity like that to evaporate 30+ points.

Most of games in my experience when I was holding off scorch for a "better moment" that moment never came.

Scorch is something you have to bait out (and that's easy as you only have to bait one), play around and is available to everyone. Cards like this are important otherwise the one with the strongest units wins and diversity disappears.

Scorch is fine. . As mentioned above- without scorch people would just buff their units endlessly (just had a match against Northern Realms in which the player buffed four units to 200+ strenght and played this card which allows him to take the units over to the next round. I didn't draw scorch and couldn't do anything against it) It would be only unfair if it wasn't available to everyone.

The only thing about scorch that I don't like is that it's power level is so high it's almost mandatory pick for every deck.

Maybe bump it to Gold ?
It already can have more impact on the board than most Gold cards.

Dude you are wrong. One card that needs to be played strategically is not broken. Hell you could take away a lot more points with a weather card.

Top Bottom