Scorch should be gold

+
Scorch should be gold

I think that for a silver card, scorch is just too strong. Its real value is commonly around 30 but can be even more. Just to compare: Treason is also silver, moreover fraction based, but its real value is commonly around 13 (ofc can be more or less).

Btw. I once played with treason and spies. My opponent buffed spy on its side to 22 strenght. He didnt know that i run treason, so he even made him resilient xd.

BreadWithButter;n8211520 said:
I think that for a silver card, scorch is just too strong. Its real value is commonly around 30 but can be even more. Just to compare: Treason is also silver, moreover fraction based, but its real value is commonly around 13 (ofc can be more or less).

Btw. I once played with treason and spies. My opponent buffed spy on its side to 22 strenght. He didnt know that i run treason, so he even made him resilient xd.

I beg to differ, if scorch should be gold then D bomb is definetly gold material, and i guess couple more cards that can be used for such heavy impact.

While on the subject, I think it'll be appropriate to downgrade renew to silver since it got nerfed.

BreadWithButter;n8211520 said:
I think that for a silver card, scorch is just too strong.
After watching so many players (even rank 8 and higher) shooting their own feet playing Scorch ... I can't agree. :)

Hmmm... someone is mentioning Scorch. Time to summon the Scorch Family again.

Anyhow, Scorch is definitely not gold worthy. That would be outright killing the card.

If you compare Scorch to Geralt:Igni as both card have the same effect, only that Geralt:Igni is much safer in comparison to Scorch. Just love those players who quickly jump the gun and use the card cause they see me buffing a unit only to forget that there own unit strength is higher than mine.
:wazzzup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Few posts deleted and one edited. Please keep the discussion on topic and comments civilized.

Making Scorch gold wouldn't make much sense, considering that there are gold unit cards that deploy a scorch effect - Villen, Igni, etc.

Also, because no one has mentioned it yet, there is Assassination, a golden variation of Scorch. It can lock and destroy a specific unit. The only thing potentially worse about it, is that it cannot hit more units (of the same strength).

I was sure it was a new player topic, because no player that have some experience with gwent would suggest something like this (aka killing a card that doesn't see play already in competitive, except in a specific ST build).
If this card ever need a nerf making it fleeting would be more than enough. But even that would be stretching it.

Scorch is among my most favorite cards in that game, even if i dont find myself using it that much anymore, skilled usage of that card alone can easily get you to a decent rank even if you run an unfinished/suboptimal deck

but no its nowhere near that strong to be gold and honestly with more and more safe unit destucting effects popping out the silver slot for Scorch is justified less and less :comeatmebro:

4RM3D;n8218800 said:
Also, because no one has mentioned it yet, there is Assassination, a golden variation of Scorch. It can lock and destroy a specific unit. The only thing potentially worse about it, is that it cannot hit more units (of the same strength).
I really love the new Assassination, truly feels like a Gold-worthy card. Just kinda unfortunate that with the recent buffs to NG it's kinda hard to fit it in most decks.

Top Bottom