Scortch no brainer

+
Scortch no brainer

As of now scortch is a must have over any other removal maybe even weather. since most multiple buffs cards apply to same copies they will have the same value making scortch a MUST. I think it shoud be applied to only ony one row. Removing everything with the same value seems too much for one card.

Igni is better than Scorch . I dont know if people will play Scorch in the future, since Regi + Igni is a "must" in top tier decks.

I don't worry about having a scorch against some factions (monsters for example). I can outscore pretty much anything with my NR deck.

And no, Scorch is fine. Igni gives you the row effect if you're looking for that.

Dont have scorch, since it is weapon against me :). In 90% times, my card is the highest one (not going over 20 or 30).

scorch is really powerful but requires great setup in order to hit more than 1 high value target.
its how powerful cards with immediate effects should be - needing setup to maximize value

Without even realizing what I'd done, I slowly turned my Monster deck into a destruction-based deck.

The people maining promotion-heavy Northern Realms decks or decks based entirely around Hawker Support? Those are nice decks in theory, but the entire decks become useless if someone destroys the cards that the decks are built around. There are loads of cards that can do it, too. Alzur's Thunder is strong enough to destroy a non-powered up Hawker or a turn-based card that a NR player plans on promoting, Geralt: Igni can wipe out at least one Hawker Support (multiple if they have the same strength) just like Scorch can or several turn-based NR cards before they get promoted, Manticore Venom can wipe out several low-leveled NR cards at once, Borkh Three Jackdaws can remove at least two Hawker Supports from the field (basically serving as a double Scorch), Caretaker can be used to beat both a NR deck and a Hawker deck at their own game by using their best card against them... you get the idea.

I have nothing against Hawker Support players and promotion players, but they need to have a back-up plan. It only takes one or two well-timed cards to throw their entire strategy under the bus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom