Scraper PERK

+
HI Guys,

Is there any word on stopping the scraper perk from dismantling the expensive jewelry yet? I have been playing the game for about 26 hours and have only found out that I have been searching for this loot only for me to never be able to find it to sell I'm pretty Pi***d this is happening surly it would be easy for them to fix this I reckon its cost me a good $£55000 and that's quite a lot early game. I'm almost wanting to delete and start over its just really ruined it for me. anyway of fixing this even anyone else have this happen.

This is not a bug. Just items that don't have any use are considered junk and this is not based on the value. The only way is to reset your perks and that can be done by purchasing Tabula e-rasa from a ripper doc, it is 25 000$ if I remember correctly. There is a ripper doc who can give you a permanent discount on cyberware but not sure if it is valid for tabula e-rasa.

I would said that it's not really a bug, but no longer a missing category for valuable items :(
Who want to scrap 750 eddies for 2-3 common component...? For me, it's just a CDPR's little mistake/oversight ;)

I would said that it's not really a bug, but no longer a missing category for valuable items :(
Who want to scrap 750 eddies for 2-3 common component...? For me, it's just a CDPR's little mistake/oversight ;)
So... It's a design bug >.<

So... It's a design bug >.<
For me, a bug is an unplanned and unexpected thing (like before 1.2, drop an inconscient body on the ground, will kill it. Or the civilians who walk in the air).
Here, it's either a mistake or either a oversight (<- good answer for me). It seem not really be the same thing to me :)

Last edited:
Probably some junk should be classified as valuable if the price is higher, but then the question is what is a high price. It would be better to remove this perk and ass an option in the Junk tab to disassemble all junk at once.

Probably some junk should be classified as valuable if the price is higher, but then the question is what is a high price. It would be better to remove this perk and ass an option in the Junk tab to disassemble all junk at once.
Not difficult (it's for that I could said, it's a oversight)
All valuable junks : 750 eddies.
All other junks : 3 or 5 eddies (if I remember).
Maybe 1.3 patch will fix that :)

Not difficult (it's for that I could said, it's a oversight)
All valuable junks : 750 eddies
All other junks : 3 or 5 eddies (if I remember).
Meh, If a perk which states it's dissassembles junk, is also destroying valuables, i'm classifying that as a (design) bug :).

Meh, If a perk which states it's dissassembles junk, is also destroying valuables, i'm classifying that as a (design) bug :).
Yep, not false but they are "valuable junk" :)
(too) Easy to fix :
The perk not dismantle "valuable" junk (add a new category)
or
Block the auto-dismantle, if the price is equal to 750.

Yep, not false but they are "valuable junk" :)
(too) Easy to fix :
The perk not dismantle "valuable" junk (add a new category)
or
Block the auto-dismantle, if the price is equal to 750.
Yes, I agree, that does sound like an easy fix, you have to wonder why they did not do it already.

A very good faith based argument for that is that the items classified as junk are at the same time not classifiable on their value (EUD price), so you could not simply say
Java:
for (Item item : junk.getItems()):
   if item.getPrice() >= 750:
          //dont delete it when perk is active

Yes, I agree, that does sound like an easy fix, you have to wonder why they did not do it already.

A very good faith based argument for that is that the items classified as junk are at the same time not classifiable on their value (EUD price), so you could not simply say
Java:
for (Item item : junk.getItems()):
   if item.getPrice() >= 750:
          //dont delete it when perk is active
[deleted because I read your post to mean the opposite of what it said!]

Top Bottom