Screen shouldn't be dark while opponent is mulliganing

+
Screen shouldn't be dark while opponent is mulliganing

This is a pretty simple improvement. Once you've mulliganned your hand you should be able to see your own cards without your whole screen being dark. Just put the notification over the opponent's cards, or something less obtrusive.

Please, remove the dark screens...

i know that my opponent is still choosing cards... you don't have to black my entire screen for me to see the box in the middle of it. just let me look at my cards and the board.

also would be nice to not have the giant box when my opponent is choosing cards in the grave/hand (or at least have an option to turn those off)

RickMelethron;n8575660 said:
i know that my opponent is still choosing cards... you don't have to black my entire screen for me to see the box in the middle of it. just let me look at my cards and the board.

also would be nice to not have the giant box when my opponent is choosing cards in the grave/hand (or at least have an option to turn those off)

I'd rather it not be an option, the defaults define the experience. There's no good reason for you to be unable to check on the state of the board while your opponent is doing something, it just slows down the game.

Showing a darkened background while animating (raising) the card your opponent is currently looking at accomplishes the same thing (letting you know that your opponent is considering what's in their hand) while not otherwise interfering with your ability to read any revealed cards in their hand or check on their leader ability, their graveyard, or deck.

Oh, my god. This, SO MUCH. It's REALLY unfair, not to mention annoying, to have my cards blurred, and be unable to start planning strategy, while the opposing player is deciding which cards to replace. It really amounts to an unfair advantage given to whomever decides to drag the card-replacement process out.

I recently experienced a loss due to me being unable to mulligan any card (I didnt send any card back and didnt press the stop redrawing button either) i think you should effectively be unable to mulligan if you dont do it within the set time window, but taking a loss seems a bit exagerate and i hope is not intended, anyone else had this issue?

While in Close beta this wasn't a problem cause the only mulligan happened at the start of the game and nobody played Nilfgaard, now it should be a priority cause it's extremely annoying since we have mulligan phases after each round + the new ST archetype that focuses on mulligans.

I been wanting this change since the beginning of CBT. Please please please stop making the whole screen dark while we wait for the opponent.

Opponent is replacing cards, let me look at mine, plz

Small suggestion, but why black out the entire screen here? Let me thumb through my cards to get thinking about my next/first move while my opponent is doing this. The black bar can just be across my opponent's top half.

Great game, by the way

cheers

Attachments

• photo142350.jpg
    photo142350.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 45
Yes to what OP is saying, it's very annoying. Just because I picked which cards to replace first that my screen is blocked by opponents timer bar. Easy fix

This is kinda frustrating. Sometimes we've to wait for more than 30seconds to just know what card we got after the third Mulligan.

It's actually worse in the open beta than before

Besides, do you think it is also annoying that the mulligan screen can't show all the cards in your hand at the same time? You have to use the scroll to see them all, and it would be better for us to decide which cards to keep if we can see all of them in one sight, right? Could have just stacked them up like you're playing poker.

Yes please. This wasn't a thing in the open beta, why is it a thing in a newer version of the game?

I think perhaps even a quote from the novels to read or a "strategy suggestion" (non player deck specific of course) would help make this process less frustrating if the devs are perhaps worried about one player looking at his cards for thirty secs while the other's only just mulliganed his,

I know we can right click to view the cards. But I should be able to view my 3rd mulligan card immediately.
Currently the mulligan screen just close and I have to right click to find out what I get.
This design is really stupid, please fix.

No Title

Here's a mockup. Also I would like to see what the opponent played before his side of the board is hidden by card selection

Attachments

• photo144460.jpg
    photo144460.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
  • photo144470.jpg
    photo144470.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 37
See your cards while opponent is choosing

A minor thing, really, but why can't I already see my cards, while my opponent is taking forever to choose, which cards to put back?

Top Bottom