Screens, renders, concept-art - opinions

+
Dante Zakkada said:
Dziadu said:
What dou you mean by "darker" Dante?
Witcher from book this very cynical and "dark" charakter. In game (screenshot) Geralt is a typical "butcher", from traditional "slashers".
I can't agree with you. In my opinion (as a gamer, not a PR guy;) Geralt is really dark and mysterious character. Of course, my opinion is based on many hours I already spent with this game here in the office but... I can't imagine why you think of Geralt as a butcher-like hero.

Because on screenshot, and trailers Geralt usually fight, hack and slash In books (Spakowski rules!) "wiedźmin" (witcher) conversation witch many characters. This conversations is sometimes very funny, sometimes cynical. I don't know, how Geralt behaves in game, but on arts and trailers I don't notice - typical for Sapkowski - cynical humour. I know - Game ins't book, but...

Dante, I beg you, come back on our polish forum. Maybe in your native language you could tell us what's on your mind.

well i think i get what's on his mind.. i think he wants to say that Geralt ingame is not like the Geralt in books.. and he thinks that way mainly becouse screenshots of combat are in place.. almost no dialog screenies am i right Dante ?

Dante, I'm not sure if it's possible to show storyline and dialogues on screens. But of course, I know exactly what do you mean and I may assure you - many new screens you'll see in near future are not focused on fight.

Elves with japoneese hair style are killing me)))And skinhead assasins are great!Geralt said: "No to race discrimination!"

I hope the player controls the camera view to zoom in and see the details of the enemies you are fighting as well as the damage you inflict. :mad:( I absolutely hate the diablo view of combat/ Assasin's Creed's third person view is what I consider next gen graphics )Dark Messiah is the best looking 1rst person combat experience ever so far in medieval fantasy RPG.Assasin's Creed may be the best 3rd person combat experience I've seen but Witcher could be a close second depending on the finished products.I wonder if the player can break things, set them on fire. ???I like the dark tone of the Witcher. I really love the graphic detail I have seen so far. My main concern is that the combat view is more like Diablo than Assasin's Creed. I want to see the small details and blood effects. I hate the Diablo combat view. I hope it will be better looking and longer than Oblivion and Two Worlds. :)BTW:I guess there are no orcs or goblins in Witcher ? :-[

this doesnt really go on topic wiith the art but kinda in a way, all the pics u guys have in your chat boxes are all X's im not getting any of your pics shows all the files as .gif's how can i view those?

It doessn't look like the combat graphics will be as good as Assasin's Creed. :-\I'm not sure about this game.

thunder66 said:
It doessn't look like the combat graphics will be as good as Assasin's Creed. :-\I'm not sure about this game.
In my opinion the combat graphics are quite good. Forget not, much of what we have seen is vids from computer screens. I think the actual finished product will look much better than what we have seen online. Video taped computer screens usually do not do justice (though those here who have actually played it at comp shows and such would know better than I).Also, Assassin's creed (which I have been waiting for for years now...I have an obbsession with the Historical Hasshishin ;D) is a completely different game, it is an "Action game," the Witcher is an RPG. Most CRPGs do not have anywhere near the level of control over combat. Being a fan of RPGs, but NOT a fan of "turn based combat," The Witcher is a breath of fresh air!I do not think it is a viable comparison betwixt the twain.

Top Bottom