Screenshot & Artwork collection - Part II

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

just wanted to say this is freaking so tasty xD i mean that pony tail ... meh something really must have gone wrong in some places in the trailer but this scene (despite geralt's chainmail) is flawlessly epic...
Geralt's hair looks perfect the color and everything

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 30
But these shots look way better than the 35 minute demo and it's on console. I forget what post this was or where it is but you can see the obvious quality upgrade. The images with .com in them are from the PS4 famitsu shots. The other images are the 35 minute demo that was on a PC. That 35 min demo is at this point a 9 months old build

in that case 35 min gameplay is from xbox 1 as it looks significantly worst...

Nice catch! :D
I opened pdf in Illustrator and it appears, that they changed portraits by placing new image on top of old and forgot to delete the old one.

the 35 min demo was on PC not console. skip to about 5:03

I recon the 35 min demo is allot better than the famitsu screens. the only thing that looks better is geralt's hair, but besides that the famitsu screens have characters with less fidelity. the shadows in johnny's face have a weird artifact, that you don't see in the 35 min demo, and skin textures don't look as good, and also it don't look like skin is simulating sub surface scattering (a method for simulating the way light diffuses through semi translucent materials) like in the 35 min demo. there is also a very small detail missing form the famitsu shots, which is a slight glow around objects that receive more light than others in the environment (though the lighting is very different). you need to have closer screens to see some of the details I'm talking about.

I recon the quality though of the famitsu screens is mostly a completely subjective matter and made more popular, towards the famitsu shots, because of a conciseness rather than if they actually have greater visual fidelity.

I think the 35 min demo had amazing visuals, way better than SOD trailer we saw, and maybe not as good as the VGX, but still amazing and better than the famitsu shots.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually seen this image before?

View attachment 8489

I was viewing the triss cosplay guide downloaded, and while dragging the doc around, the pic of triss's face in the second page suddenly changed to this one above for a second, I took a screencap.

I guess the image was included in the PDF but hidden?

cool. do you think that there cold be any other hidden screens in those cosplay guides?

---------- Updated at 10:51 AM ----------

It's also dependent on time of day. Those really nice screenshots are during Magic Hour, when everything looks good.

that makes me wonder though because in the 35 min demo when you are outside the loom of the forest, its about that time of day? the suns golden and moving out of the sky.

No, the 35 minute demo is not from Xbox. The Griffin hunt is. The E3 build at the time of showing was 4 months old. It's a stable build. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...stem-specs-Can-I-run-it?p=1327085#post1327085

---------- Updated at 05:59 AM ----------

It's also dependent on time of day. Those really nice screenshots are during Magic Hour, when everything looks good.
You can see vast improvements in Geralt's hair, Johnny's skin, face, hair, scarf too. Also, the rocks behind his head when you compare them to the 35 min demo http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/103054 1080p versions of both. The 35 minute demo says the time of day is "Dawn/Clear"

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/102245

Better clothing, beads, hair, face

No, the 35 minute demo is not from Xbox. The Griffin hunt is. The E3 build at the time of showing was 4 months old. It's a stable build. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...stem-specs-Can-I-run-it?p=1327085#post1327085

---------- Updated at 05:59 AM ----------

You can see vast improvements in Geralt's hair, Johnny's skin, face, hair, scarf too. Also, the rocks behind his head when you compare them to the 35 min demo http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/103054 1080p versions of both. The 35 minute demo says the time of day is "Dawn/Clear"

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/102245

Better clothing, beads, hair, face[/QUOTE.

So now ps4 looks better than pc? What the heck?

So now ps4 looks better than pc? What the heck?

100% guaranteed it won't.
Once again builds, marketing, PR is all over the place.. We have no idea whether these are even 100% confirmed PS4 shots (It's just assumed due to Japan + Famitsu + PS4 button overlay in the harpy shot). We don't know the build, the date the screenshots were taken, what time of day it is in-game during the shots... We know almost nothing about those shots.

All anyone can tell you, with 100% certainty, is that the PC Version of the game WILL look better than Consoles.

cool. do you think that there cold be any other hidden screens in those cosplay guides?

---------- Updated at 10:51 AM ----------

I "searched" in the others doing the same I did for Triss but found none, its probably what jeeers said as I also suspected, they at one point had that image there, but later replaced it with another one, not deleting the first..

Anyway we got a free triss face screenshot, better than nothing :p

100% guaranteed it won't.
Once again builds, marketing, PR is all over the place.. We have no idea whether these are even 100% confirmed PS4 shots (It's just assumed due to Japan + Famitsu + PS4 button overlay in the harpy shot). We don't know the build, the date the screenshots were taken, what time of day it is in-game during the shots... We know almost nothing about those shots.

All anyone can tell you, with 100% certainty, is that the PC Version of the game WILL look better than Consoles.

Common sense dictates PC will of course look better. I think they said it one time in an interview, a year ago. Touting platform parity like they have, saying they'll deliver the *same* game on all platforms has been a misstep and fueled speculation. Do they really think console gamers are going to freak out over the fact PC will have higher resolution, faster framerates, etc? They're not stupid. It's not going to sway them from buying the game on console. It has very little to do with the reason people play games on console, which boils down to convenience. So, without spreading FUD, I have to wonder where and why that mantra came about. Especially for a company with a history in PC development.

Common sense dictates PC will of course look better. I think they said it one time in an interview, a year ago. Touting platform parity like they have, saying they'll deliver the *same* game on all platforms has been a misstep and fueled speculation. Do they really think console gamers are going to freak out over the fact PC will have higher resolution, faster framerates, etc? They're not stupid. It's not going to sway them from buying the game on console. It has very little to do with the reason people play games on console, which boils down to convenience. So, without spreading FUD, I have to wonder where and why that mantra came about. Especially for a company with a history in PC development.

I have no idea why PR/Marketing tried to take the route they have. I really cannot for the life of me explain some of their decisions over the last 2 years, and for a company with both previous history in (Main) PC Development and one Console port where they never tried to be so "diplomatic" (Not nearly to the extent of TW3) and yet it was still received very well by the Console community, some of the shit they've said really makes even less sense than I could possibly imagine.
(Seriously it baffles me so much I've re-written this response like 2 times trying to explain different possible angles but scrapped them because ultimately it made no sense and my brain was doing serious mental gymnastics to reach a conclusion)

Actions speak louder than words, I really don't know why they decided to tout some of the stuff they have, but ultimately the final product is what is most important. CDPR needs to deliver a PC Version which at best settings holds true to the footage we've seen, they need to ensure the Console versions of the game still look great but more importantly deliver on a solid framerate and decent overall IQ, and they need to ensure that both versions of the game are relatively bug-free and feel great to play. That's what is most important, that's what will garner them the most respect from both the PC & Console community and HOPEFULLY that's precisely what the double delay is for.

Do we have any screenshot or image where Geralt has the Rivian Ponytail haircut. I'd like to see how it looks with hair physics and all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom