Screenshot & Artwork collection - Part II

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
These new screenshots...

Hype level: over 9000

They look good, though I somehow do not feel wowed.
I don't know, it feels like many 2015 games have gone beyond TW3 in the visual department at this point, maybe that is tempering my joy.

P.S. where are the "downgrade crew"? Awfully quiet I see.

Be sarcastic all you want, but we had genuine concerns that needed to be answered.

The cynic in me would argue that these are screenshots, which could have easily been edited in Photoshop, but I won't go down that route. CDPR have made an effort to prove their statements, and I both appreciate and respect that.

I needed this! I'm so ecstatic atm.

I'm beyond stoked to get into game and explore, being a completionist this a monster of a game to tackle, but all the sweet environments and variety are so pleasing to look. :)

Don't forget you guys are seeing everything at a fixed time (mostly noon by the looks), with the day/night cycle everything is going to look entirely different during sunset, evening, night, dawn, etc, that is going to breath so much life and awe into the game.

Ah, can't wait.

Now make it look like that at 1080p and 60fps and then we're talking.

And do those training dummies look exactly like the ones from The Witcher 2 or what?
Not that this is a bad thing though.

Last edited:
They look good, though I somehow do not feel wowed.
I don't know, it feels like many 2015 games have gone beyond TW3 in the visual department at this point, maybe that is tempering my joy.

So what? It's not like it doesn't look pretty, is it? I don't think a huge open world game like TW3 can compete against games like AC:U, Uncharted 4 or Batman (not to mention games like Rome) in terms of graphical fidelty. To me, it's the artstyle what makes the whole thing exceptional, and if that comes with very solid fidelty then I'm more than fine with that.

Well, these new screens look really good, but you can see many low textures here and there (and hair looks bad).. yes, some games in 2015 (some even in 2014) look now better overall than W3, but which game has the same size,scope?

Well, these new screens look really good, but you can see many low textures here and there (and hair looks bad).. yes, some games in 2015 (some even in 2014) look now better overall than W3, but which game has the same size,scope?

I found hair quite good (except ciri)
Just don't say they're good in ac:unity

Now make it look like that at 1080p and 60fps and then we're talking.
It will be on PC. :D
I wish I could share the optimism but I'm still not convinced that PC will get that special treatment it normally would deserve, especially now that CDPR has gone mulitplatform.

but there were just too many (recent) cases that proved over and over again that parity is real and common practice in nowadays multiplatform game development. And why should CDPR, of all multiplatform developers be the chosen one that would abandon the convention of parity and bring back unbalance to visual fidelity?

Again, I want to believe. It's just not that easy at this point.

I wish I could share the optimism but I'm still not convinced that PC will get that special treatment it normally would deserve, especially now that CDPR has gone mulitplatform.

but there were just too many (recent) cases that proved over and over again that parity is real and common practice in nowadays multiplatform game development. And why should CDPR, of all multiplatform developers be the chosen one that would abandon the convention of parity and bring back unbalance to visual fidelity?

Again, I want to believe. It's just not that easy at this point.

I agree with you, and would be glad to continue the discussion regarding visual fidelity, but I fear that the moderator's whip would be upon us, for they do not like off topic posts. Therefore, I shall autocensure myself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom