Script Compilation Error with modded game

+
I have this wierd error when i try to launch TW3 "Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(540): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_IDENT, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near 'iceBreath'" in the script Compilation,

please help me solve this one :)

@Draconifors
Hey Gromit. Looking at your pastebin file it looks like you also have AMM mod. There is a merged playerWitcher.ws file on the Skellige Ice Breath mod page that should work with both mods(Ice Breath & AMM). I'm not 100% that's what your issue is but it may be worth a look. And as always, make sure you back up all your files before making changes to revert back to if needed.

Hey Gromit. Looking at your pastebin file it looks like you also have AMM mod. There is a merged playerWitcher.ws file on the Skellige Ice Breath mod page that should work with both mods(Ice Breath & AMM). I'm not 100% that's what your issue is but it may be worth a look. And as always, make sure you back up all your files before making changes to revert back to if needed.

Hey i manadge to fix that part when i tried to reinstall Ice Breath stuff and doind it 100 like the instruction but instead im stuck with this now instead "Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(13043): Unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 11"

the errors never stop...

Just a note to anyone reading this thread's older replies and having script errors with their game: please do NOT message me about it. I'm not going to solve such issues anymore (because it's incredibly tedious), and haven't since 2019. Thank you.

Hello, I've had an error while downloading some mods this past few hours, but I've narrowed it down to only two after manually merging some. I don't know if I've messed up during this manual fix but I'm hoping this will be a quick fix.

The two errors are as follows

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gameplay\items\spells\aardentity.ws(755): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_STATE, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near 'state'

and

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\player.ws(674): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_IF, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near 'if'

here is the pastebin for my AardEntity.ws FIle: https://pastebin.com/wcYbxLeu

and

here is the pastebin for my Player.ws File: https://pastebin.com/kvJhmPAn

I'm new to both modding and pastebin, so let me know if I messed up somehow with my pastebin posts. Also I have all the mods I've downloaded but I've closed the tabs. If it's neccessary I can look through my history to see a list of all of them, because the error is a recent development.

Cheers!
SadWhenHappy

Just throwing this out into the Universe in case someone can help me

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerinput.ws(3316): Unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 9

Was trying to merge Friendly HUD and Auto Loot (at least that's what it told me

Hallo, please help!

I have this error after messing aroung with Merge.

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\menus\charactermenu.ws(2): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_GET_PLAYER, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near 'thePlayer'

And this happens when i delete merged folders.

Error [content0]game\replacers\ciri.ws(329): Function 'GetCriticalHitChance' takes 5 parameter(s) which is inconsistent with base function (3).
Error [modbettergold]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(1756): Function 'ApplyOil' has different return type 'Bool' than base function (void).
Error [modbettergold]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(2161): Function 'GetCriticalHitChance' takes 5 parameter(s) which is inconsistent with base function (3).

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Last edited:
Hey i got a merge problem ! i tried to fix the thing by my own but i know nothing about this stuff...

I got this error message:
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(2201): Unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 137
So i tried to fillow the tuto and "close the function" somewhere else but i got the same message but for the line 65.. So i learn how to close a function, but i don't know WHERE to close it.... So im gonna need some help to fix this...

here is the pastbin: https://pastebin.com/nnuxftuG

and if you guys can fix the problem, can you explain me how ?
Thanks !

Script Compilation Error with modded game

I have no idea how to fix this.
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(2069): Unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 63

The mods that are merged are: DarkerNights, ExtendedHUD and SlotsSlotsSLOTS. There doesn't seem to be any problem with any other merged files that contain one or more of these mods, only this file.

Here is a pastebin of the entire file:
http://pastebin.com/kdFJYULa

Any help is greatly appreciated!
sorry friend it was a simple question appears no answer? thats life, I had exactly the same issue
Post automatically merged:

Had to delete darker nights pity loved that mod

this script merger is fine if it does it automatically, but if it has to launch a file in which you choose which lines from A, B, or C, afraid most of us have not a clue, we just guess, that bit is a farce.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been trying to fix this merge problem, but I just couldn't figure out how, so any help would be appreciated.

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmoduleenemyfocus.ws(20): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_PRIVATE, expecting '{', near 'private'

Here's the pastebin

Hey everyone!

I'm also having a huge issue right now and can almost pull my hair out!!! :(

A few days ago I followed this guide to mod my new playthrough: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2662

A few hours into the game Ifigured out I didn't like the way Triss looked with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3722?tab=description

I uninstalled it and everything seemed good. Until Triss took her hood off; she was bald!!! (or like was buzzed and had a mm of red hair).

Naturally this broke my sense of immersion so I tried solving the issue. First by using this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2223

Then, when that didn't solve the issue, I first removed the mod and then I used 'repair' in the GOG Galaxy client (just like verify integrity game cache from steam).

After that the scripts suddenly have to recompile. (Why? Isn't it just textures I'm working with?)
After many attempts of re-script merging several times I always get this error:

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(262): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_ELSE, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near 'else'

Here is my pastebin.

Please somebody help me, I don't want to start the game all the way over or reinstall all the mods with the risk of corrupting my savegame.

Thanks in advance!

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(4824): Found unexpected '}'
Hello, truly, at this point of modding, I'm desperate, can anyone please help me with this error ?
https://pastebin.com/18RP9Sna
Here is the link to my file ^^.
That is the merge file of the following mods: Fire Arms Belt Holster 2, CustomLocalizationFix, DevilsPit, FairTrade, FastStash Menu, LoreFriendlyShop Price, More money trader, MoreQuickSlots

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(4824): Found unexpected '}'
Hello, truly, at this point of modding, I'm desperate, can anyone please help me with this error ?
https://pastebin.com/18RP9Sna
Here is the link to my file ^^.
That is the merge file of the following mods: Fire Arms Belt Holster 2, CustomLocalizationFix, DevilsPit, FairTrade, FastStash Menu, LoreFriendlyShop Price, More money trader, MoreQuickSlots
Hey there. Again not 100% but looking at your Pastebin file line 4824 looks like it has a Brace ( } ) it did not expect. Back up your file before you modify it. I would try to delete that last } on line 4824 and see if that fixes it.

Hello! I have problems with merging Witcher 3 mods... I could use some help and advise.
I can't merge "No levels" and "Primer" mods together.

I will get this error message:

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gameplay\effects\effects\potion\blizzard.ws(41): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_IF, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near 'if'

I have tried to merge those two mods but every time I get this same error... Could someone advise me how to solve this? Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Hey there. Again not 100% but looking at your Pastebin file line 4824 looks like it has a Brace ( } ) it did not expect. Back up your file before you modify it. I would try to delete that last } on line 4824 and see if that fixes it.
Actually I did delete it but then a new error pops up related to some kinds of TOKEN VAR ( I'm pretty sure that it's unknown TOKEN ), so I remove the mod, I'll upload the new file soon, but thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it, truly. ^^

Okay, seems this is the place to ask about scripting error messages.

To add some context that might help diagnose things, I had been playing the game thoroughly modded for a while without any real issue, stopped playing for a few months, then recently came back and started playing again. Again no issues, even added a few new mods, until I made the mistake of loading up Vortex which seemed to completely break the script manager. Only way I figured out how to fix that was to update the script manager, install the unofficial fix, and reinstall all my mods through Vortex. So the issue may have come up during the transfer, but things seemed to work just fine for a while until... honestly I don't know what changed, but at one point I did a re-merge and the Slots Slots Slots 5 mod had some conflicts with the Merged file that hadn't popped up before.

Seemed easy enough to fix, just some lines from SSS that fit into some whitespace lines in the Merged file. Specifically:
muts = SSS_Patch_MutagenStacking(muts); //zur13 modSSS mutTabs on line 747 of the witcher.ws file.
} SSS_FixEquippedMutagens(); //zur13 modSSS mutTabs on line 798
and pam = (W3PlayerAbilityManager)abilityManager; //zur13 modSSS fixed orig script error on line 5681

Guess I was wrong, because when I load up the game, I get the following error:
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(10933): Found unexpected '}'

I go in and delete the } from that line with notepad++, only to now get the error message:
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(701): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_IDENT, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near 'SSS_FixEquippedMutagens'

And this error might as well be arcane runes to me because I haven't the foggiest clue what it means. I can't even uninstall SSS because then I get a massive list of errors even after a re-merge. Any advice?

Last edited:
Ppl! May I get Your help too?
What to do with this:

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager (2).ws(4875): Unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 11
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\states\combatsword.ws(1246): Found unexpected '}'

???

i deleted some mods that made unmergable conflicts. now it's like this:

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager (2).ws(4875): Unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 11
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(11131): Found unexpected '}'
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\states\combatsword.ws(1246): Found unexpected '}'

Last edited:
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\r4player.ws(4497): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_ELSE, near 'else'
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\r4player.ws(4510): syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting $end, near '}'
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(13479): Function 'SetAnimationSpeedMultiplier' does not take 3 param(s)
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerinput.ws(3171): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_VAR, near 'var'

Warning [modasharedimports]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [modasharedimports]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Please help me I;m dying lmao

Hi everyone. Im getting this error "error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gameplay\containers\container.ws( "1141" ): unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 11"

pastebin:

Top Bottom