Script Compilation Error with modded game

+
Phosyrgo;n9822591 said:
Many thanks for the help, it solved the issue in question... however, there is now a new error. it reads:

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\main_menu\ingamemenu.ws(309): Could not find function 'RefreshMainMenuAfterContentLoaded'

Would you perchance know how to fix this error as well, or should I see if it is already answered on another forum?

That particular function is (or should be) located in r4guimanager.ws, under [path to Witcher 3]\content\content0\scripts\game\gui. There might a problem with that script file as well.

Here's a more likely cause of the issue, though: a Google search turned up results where players were getting that error due to FriendlyHUD. So, are you certain you've installed that mod correctly? You need to have the Unification Patch as well as FriendlyHUD itself.

Edit: Partly ninjaed.

I get this problem
Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerinput.ws(3179): Unexpected end of file found after '{' at line 9
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me here. I really dont want to remove any of my mods ;(

You can try to Edit Script manually, Open ScriptMeger Options/Merging/ Review Each Marge and select it.

Then , Select Script in conflict. One By One, You Obtain This

This Is my list , your list contain game\player\playerinput.ws
Select just it, for fix your script file

Now Select your choice . A,B,C, or B+C

Save and Exit.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I have a problem with Friendly HUD and Brutal Combat mods... I get this error after I merge the files:

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(4525): Found unexpected '}' in inventorymenu.ws

This the file : https://pastebin.com/KtSqiy00

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Daedalusxxi;n10092461 said:
Hi guys. I have a problem with Friendly HUD and Brutal Combat mods... I get this error after I merge the files: Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(4525): Found unexpected '}' in inventorymenu.ws

And once again a main function had been broken, this time by an entirely unnecessary }.
Sending hopefully fixed file in PM.

---

For future reference for anyone who reads this post:

Notepad++ is really useful for finding broken script functions. What I always do in cases like this is go to the problem line shown in the error message -- inventorymenu.ws(4525) -- and highlight the { or } on that line. If it's purple, it's missing its pair and if it's red then it's OK in that regard.

With the issues posted on this forum, that I've looked at, the problem has been a purple { or }, every single time. In most cases the culprit has been another function missing its closing } and thus "stealing" a main function's closing }. It has been easy to fix by adding a new line with a } for the "thieving" function.

Below are a couple images, as my explanation probably isn't too clear. Using a random if function from the inventoryMenu.ws as an example.

script_broken.jpg

script_fixed.jpg

Ok. I know what you mean , I have the notepad++ and I see the purple code in the error I found. Thing is if I remove it or I add the missing { symbol , I receive new errors... Is there any other program to compile this or anybody is playing with Friendly mode and Brutal Combat mod at the same time? If so , maybe you can just send me the inventorymenu.sw file I need to play...

Daedalusxxi;n10097311 said:
Ok. I know what you mean , I have the notepad++ and I see the purple code in the error I found. Thing is if I remove it or I add the missing { symbol , I receive new errors... Is there any other program to compile this or anybody is playing with Friendly mode and Brutal Combat mod at the same time? If so , maybe you can just send me the inventorymenu.sw file I need to play...

I already sent it to you in PM like I said I would.

Top Bottom