Scripting - Video tutorial series

+

Milgo

Forum regular
Scripting - Video tutorial series

Hey guys,

there are already some video tutorials, but these ones from Klabautermann are just about Creating the world and I also had some problems with Benzen's tutorials, so I wanted to create some that go more into detail and are easier to understand for newbies.

I spoke German but added English subtitles. My tutorials are very similar to those from Klabautermann.

Episode 1:
- Scripting structure
- Creating npcs
- Communities
- Startup script

Episode 2:
- Create your first simple dialogue
- Create your own voicetags

More will follow, ask if you have questions.

Last edited:

Milgo

Forum regular
If there are different appearances, you can change them. But most of the main characters just have one appearance.

Nice tutorial, I am looking forward to what you will do in the future. :)

Two things you talked about:

When you click on "Local" instead of "World" while you rotate things, you can see the axis rotate with the object. This way you can see in which direction the Y-Axis goes and in which direction your npc looks after rotating.

2. Geralt and the npc don't have shadows because your house already draws a shadow and they are inside it. If you create a light source in the house that draws shadows, then Geralt and the npc will have one inside.

I hope this helps.

kaito

Forum regular
Danke.

One question, really is necessary copy npcs to our project directory? I have created community file directly from npcs game.

Milgo

Forum regular
Bittesehr.

I recommend that. You're going to get problems, if you're using a template multiple times. Or if you're working on multiple worlds. Just do it right, so you won't get any problems.

This is amazing! This and Particle FX systems (as well as mesh import, but that's not a tutorial issue) are pretty much the only things I am interested in, since I am not good at writing scripts (as in for story :D).

If you take suggestions, I would be very interested in seeing combat-related scripts, particularly some tutorial explaining how combos works and how modify them or create new combos.

I haven't done that yet and in the tutorials I'm going to focus the basics. ;)
Alrighty. I did that according to your tutorials. It was so easy that I even managed to do all of it BEFORE the redkit actually crashed (which is a miracle). I am not sure about it's power though, so I don't know if I can screw around with combos, but it's given me the overview of how it works, and that's extremely helpful for when they actually patch the kit so it stops crashing and I can do something serious. Thanks a lot for these!

Top Bottom