Sea voyages

+
Sea voyages

Unfortunately sailing weakest aspect of the game but with some additions have great potential for more challenging and fun gameplay.

-Some high waves, an option for folding sail
-Some mist fx, an option for continue with an oar
-Possible various underwater attacks,some big fish or creatures shadows which hits boat and possibility of falling sea..

Sailing is just god awful in it's current state. In Assassins Creed Black Flag, I would actually make long voyages at sea instead of fast traveling because it was so damn incredible.

When I think about sailing in this it's like pulling a tooth. I may never get the many Skellige Question Marks simply because I don't want to sail. It's unfortunate because it looked incredible in the old footage.

Swimming is just as bad. The lack of underwater life is also very disappointed.

I was hoping there would have been deadly sea monsters to hunt and that the travel by sea would have been nerve-racking, but all there seems to be in the water is drowners and the occasional, fleeting whale.

Expansions and mods.. we can only hope... Imagine doing the AC Blackflag/Rogue thing but instead of a frigate you get a longship and can hire a crew to care for your ship...

Guest 2364765

I wouldn't expect CDPR to turn Witcher into sailing simulator, but at least allow me to use the anti-siren horn when sailing.
Need to disembark to blow the horn defeats its purpose.

I've got no real problems with the sailing. It's a lot like riding Roach (perhaps even uses some of the same code!), so it's not all that exciting.

I embarked on one hell of a long voyage, sailing 3/4th of the way around the southern end of Ard Skellig. I went through a really bad storm and was thinking, "Oh, crap - I hope this doesn't wreck my boat, because it's a looooong swim!"

I think more severe boat damage would be interesting in a "hardcore" mode, but overall, it's fine as it is.

That would be nice but since you can only use crossbow I dont think underwater fights would be that tempting.

And the whale in Skellige.. First time I see that big thing I was really excited and try to catch it. My tries were futile.. Why can I only see its tail? :(

what I hate about sailing is that i have to hold W+SHIFT for 2 minutes to get to the further question marks. it out right BORING AS HELL.
It would be nice if shift actually works like Roach's and actually pick up good speed.

I haven't timed it, but I think on Roach you can go 400 steps in under half a minute, when i think it takes sailing above 1 minute.

Man, they even added reverse to boats with this patch.

So much awesome. No more crashing all my boats headfirst into the harbor and losing use of that boat.

Top Bottom