Season Mode is being abused and not playable !

+
Please stop Gwent players abusing the season mode where they intentionally draw a tie and binge gaining crowns or immediately surrender when a normal player puts down a card. This is affecting normal players' experience and the way we complete our season tasks. Please do something to change this absurd situation that season mode is not playable anymore.

Wtf? Seasonal is perfectly fine. This time it's even pretty fun. Why would a tie be a bad thing?

Wtf? Seasonal is perfectly fine. This time it's even pretty fun. Why would a tie be a bad thing?
The situation of different areas may be different . I'm in China.

The players here are crazy about both passing the first round right after the game starts, then both pass at the second round so the game ends as a tie. They both get two crowns within short time and no costs.

They are building a common view that seasonal is just a place where they can binge harvesting the crowns.

If you thought this isn't "a bad thing," I couldn't agree with you.

There's some seasonal tasks like win 30 rounds in seasonal, it's impossible to finish them when they find out you are not going to "draw a tie", they just surrender immediately . These rounds are not valid in the tasks.

It's like 9 of 10 matches are them doing this.

I put down any single card, they surrender.

It's just not how the game works!

I don't care about the daily rewards when 6, 18,24 crowns are reached. It's just not the point.

I'm here to play the game , enjoy the competition. Not the virtual cheap crowns!

This doesn't seem like the usual forfieture abuse to maxmise grind efficiency that most seasons have had. Usually plays out that one player intentionally loses R1 playing only as many cards as needed, then hopes that he gets drypassed in R2 so he can play a card and concede going into R3. It's annoying from the perspective of completing quest and tasks, particulary those ones that you have to play seasonal mode for. It takes a little bit longer to do, since you effectively only get 1 round counted as a win. I'd imagine that the situation where it's a 0/0 0/0 draw wouldn't count for either player's quests. I guess some players might see it as a way to quickly amass RP, but I don't really get why seasonal would be the place to do it since it would probably work the same in Classic.

Last edited:
Just report these players. Frequent auto forfeits is an abuse that could lead to a permanent account ban.

That's not a problem of seasonal. There are always players, who are more interested in grinding than in playing an good match. For example they place one or two artifacts on the board and pass on R1, same on R2 when they are doing the "play xx artifacts"-quest. I faced them regulary in all modes, not only recently. I don't think it is possible to take effective countermeasures against spoilsports.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hmmm i havent seen any such player doing this in seasonal.

Although i do face from time to time those artefact decks that just spam those R1 and R2 and then forfeit, its really annoying, i dont need easy wins since i dont need resources or xp, i just want to have decent matches, so no GG to those.

I've had that quest several times before. I either change them (you can do this once a day, just press the arrow button on top of the quest) or play a proper artefact deck, with the intention to win, not to just spam artefacts for the quest.

Almost never came across that and the few instances could also have been "I auto-concede against Damien" players.
Banning forfeiting is also not a good idea, as that being unable to tell if people just do not want to play certain matchups, if someone could not bring themselves to play against (e.g.) Nilfgaard there is no meaning in trying to force them.

[...]
Although i do face from time to time those artefact decks that just spam those R1 and R2 and then forfeit, its really annoying, i dont need easy wins since i dont need resources or xp, i just want to have decent matches, so no GG to those.

I've had that quest several times before. I either change them (you can do this once a day, just press the arrow button on top of the quest)
[...]
To be fair I did the same, but until you can re-roll daily quests a second time (which I can now) there is no way that people with limited resources can afford to throw away a doable quest giving reward points.
The quest is just stuppid to begin with, there were no playable decks, which play multiple artifacts (that are not scenarios, so the problem vanished with Merchants of Ofier).

[...]
or play a proper artefact deck, with the intention to win, not to just spam artefacts for the quest.
There are no proper decks for multiple artifacts, playing multiple artifacts (which are not scenarios) is immediately contradicting to the intention to win.
The artifact quest itself should not exist to begin with.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@InkognitoXI I disagree. Sure, artefact decks might not be competitive enough vs tier 1 decks.

But if you use SC traps, you have a good selection of artefacts between neutral and traps, that can make some interesting decks, that can often win vs average players/decks.

Also, if you dont want to re-roll the quest you can simply do it slowly (maybe only play 1 or 2 artefacts each match), its not like you need to complete a quest to get another, there's 3 slots. Players are just too damn impatient.

Banning forfeiting is also not a good idea, as that being unable to tell if people just do not want to play certain matchups

If you just left a few matches there is nothing to fear.
It's about people who have thrown thousands of matches, presumably to get enough experience to even reach prestige 10.
Some of these players wrote reddit posts with complaints but the ban was not reverted

Top Bottom