Season of Love is here + Update 8.2

+
I completely agree with this! Being able to just 1-click import decks made by other players is making people lazy and just leads to an insane amounts of copy-paste cloned decks which hurts the diversity of games. Sure being able to share your deck is cool but if people just clone decks so easily it leads to repetitiveness like we got right now and that ends up killing the game.
Too much freedom is not good lol, imagine if kids in school had the "freedom" to chose weather they want to study and learn new things or to just throw shit at each other like monkeys, ofc they'd end up robbing themselves of education.
Unfortunately these are the times we are living in. Everything is available with 1 click, zero effort or creativity needed anymore. Players on the other hand tend to get more and more impatient because of this, demanding immediate gratification and success with the least amount of effort.
This is not the game's fault in any way, this mentality is literally all around us.

ya1

Forum regular
It's a good patch. Viy has been addressed. Lippy (the card) has been nerfed. Some of the new cards have been tempered (Cat Witcher, Caduch). These are good things. Now the bad things:

1. SOME of the new cards have been tempered. Others haven't. The choice seems to be arbitrary. Like, why Cat Witcher and not Griffin Witcher?

2. Wrong buffs to NG fringe archetypes. Mill and clog have always been meme, and meme they should remain. Reason is they are toxic. Meanwhile NG clog turned out to be main NG deck for many players. This is not good for the game. This deck, while not easy to pilot and itself not at all imbalanced with a range of good a bad matchups, mostly capitalizes on the opponent's bad draw. It is extremely frustrating to play against. It should not be mainstream. But it was, and that was LAST PATCH. Now, the Viper Mentor buff was completely uncalled for. And it is a big buff actually.

3. Devs taketh devs not giveth back. Justice nerf. ST got nothing to replace it while other factions got their pointslams and consistency untouched. Big nerf to the whole faction for the sole reason that this one card didn't look good in the eyes of devs.

4. SY. No buffs for Congregate. Self poison? Idk cuz this is the one deck I never felt liek even trying. It seems to me it kinda cannot be competitive by definition. Maybe some veil interactions?

5. OH. Completely uncalled for. Should've just nerfed Viy to 6 or even 5 power and/or nerf some of its tutors. Those funky micro buffs to deathwish bronzes? Please...

6. In general there are those patterns to be seen in balancing T2 decks. Some get straight-up nerfed for no reason (ST), some get untouched despite dominating af (NR) and SK (AGAIN!!!) got buffs dressed as nerfs.

7. And a wholesale rant: 4p bombs not too much? / 6 for 6 locks okay but why is purify still 5 for 7 (with an alt ability but still...)? / Maxii great but need moar, more better techs against this clog nonsense. / Olaf Hym a bit much... / Where did Harmony go? Dwarves? All the archetypes that were strong at one point and then got nerfed to zero and were never looked at again (for most part). Why is Waters still the crazy 12p? Why is Oak 13p more than Gezras lol? Why is the Zoltan-Munro combo so outpointed by everything (like Olaf - Hym which is lotsa more points for lotsa less prov)

Last edited:
I think Kurt should have bounty and lock instead it fits better than purify. Syndicate already has a strong purify option with Kalkstein.

Once upon a time the standard for 4 provision cards (not including engines) was that a card would maximize at 6 but for a certain condition, with it being able to be worth less then that. Prime example is the Noonwraith, being a maximum of 6 points but if it dies then it spawns 2 rats on an enemy row which is then 2 points for the enemy, so a Noonwraith's minimum value was 4 points. The first 4 prov cards to break these "rules" were some with the "bonded" tag and they'd have a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 8 (Mahakam Marauders, Cintrian Enchantress), but even so these cards aren't auto-include and only show up in certain deck designs and I honestly wouldn't mind them being nerfed to a minimum of 5 and max of 7 (esp Marauders since they're a lot more useful the Enchantresses)...
Then they came up with a 7 point Aen Elle Conqueror which had a hefty condition of Devotion so it doesn't kill itself on deploy which was also accepted.
And now we got the Fish Flapper (Bear Witcher Adept) which has a minimum of 4 (starts at 3 then immediately on the end of your turn heals to 4) but now has a maximum of 7 + further armor-up or healing up any time he's damaged which makes him a very good synergy material too. - this obviously breaks the previous set of standards of what a 4 provision card should do for you. :[
Same for when they introduced the Drummond Berserker and Bear Witcher to the pile of 5 provision cards. The 1st plays for 8 points in 2 turns for almost no condition other then that it doesn't die on the next turn. The 2nd has somewhat of a condition but then plays for instant 8 points.
Compare these to an old-school Kikimore Worker which has a maximum of 7 but at the weakness of dying on exposed and starts off with 4 armor, sure it has some rather weak way of getting more armor (which is even row locked lol in addition to being dependent on your deck) but on it's own it will never play for 8 points and is thus simply an inferior card compared to Berserker and Bear Witcher.

Also I must note how out of the 4 bronze cards that SK got with the latest expansion, ALL 4 are being used very often cause they're strong cards. Meanwhile MO got 4 cards out of which only 1 is actually being used (but still not nearly as much as SK use theirs, since SK ones can just fit in into almost any deck!) since the other 3 are pathetic. (I mean if those cards came out like 8 months ago they may have been seen as useful lol) And even ST got their Cat Witcher Adept (Rope Walker) which is just weak and also sees no play. So yeah, I cannot but notice SK being the favorite faction for the devs since they always get the strongest stuff (Cerys for example and the past expansion was also dominated by SK) and the least of nerfs.
One of these advantages on it's own doesn't make much of a difference but when you take the full sum of them then yeah it makes a significant difference.

I mean here I am trying to devise a Mage-themed deck for NR and am looking at this 7 provision gold card Sila De Tansarville (yes, I know it's a much older card but that's no excuse), and see she plays for an instant of 6 points with a maximum of 8 over 2 turns... and I am thinking well.. I know of some 5 provision bronze cards that play for that same amount (or more then that like Bear Witcher Mentor (seen him climb to insane 16 or 18 points on deploy!) or Mahakam Guard (4 prov)) so wtf lol. There's just too much inconsistencies in regards to what a card does for you for a given amount of provisions. And resolving these inconsistencies should be top priority for the devs. They shouldn't be introducing new cards if those mean that previously existing ones will be cast aside to the dustbin of history.

I completely agree with this! Being able to just 1-click import decks made by other players is making people lazy and just leads to an insane amounts of copy-paste cloned decks which hurts the diversity of games. Sure being able to share your deck is cool but if people just clone decks so easily it leads to repetitiveness like we got right now and that ends up killing the game.
Too much freedom is not good lol, imagine if kids in school had the "freedom" to chose weather they want to study and learn new things or to just throw shit at each other like monkeys, ofc they'd end up robbing themselves of education.
That was great to read. Im happy there are people like you in gwent :D

The season was supposed to end today, why was it extended for another week?
Considering how much "fun to play" it is, the sooner it ends the better..

Well, the Ranked Season might have been extended, but the actual Seasonal Mode wasn't. Even worse, they didn't replace it with a new one; they just removed "Irresistable Attraction". I'm really hoping that this is a bug that gets fixed immediately.

Obviously this hack attack had a stronger impact then we (or just me lol) thought at first (at least in specifics to Gwent as that's what we here were most interested in)...
What I am most curious is as to how strong of an effect did it have on the last patch (this current one that's running).
Was their inability to revert the buff on Viper Witcher Mentor the only casualty or was there a bit more or much more stuff that had to be cut because of that (fiendish attack)?

Would be nice if they'd post it on the site as "News". They tweeted it on Feb 26th, more than enough time to post it as a news update. Sorry to say that but feels like either the entire team is on vacation for the past couple of month or that it was severely downsised for whatever reasons. Every stream they keep saying how important the link to the comunity is for them, yet with each passing month there are less and less interactions to a point that they don't bother updating the game site with the delay of a patch and a season change.

Sorry to say that but feels like either the entire team is on vacation for the past couple of month or that it was severely downsised for whatever reasons. Every stream they keep saying how important the link to the comunity is for them, yet with each passing month there are less and less interactions
The Cyber Attack did hit them harder than we first assumed (especially in Covid times when a huge part of the team is working from home and are very reliant on the Data on the hacked Servers) so maybe we'll just wait until Friday because TWiG returns along with Burza answering questions.

Except last we heard the playgwent.com news feed was disabled due to circumstances. Clearly still is, so it's not a matter of them not caring.
Didn't know about that part. Anyway i hope everything works out and Gwent will get more attention and love soon.

I seriously hope "Lockdown" will get a nerf or some form of incentive to lessen their play.
So tired of that match-up, no matter what deck I play, that I just insta forfeit the game...
Kinda sad it has to come to that, but just so oppressing to play a match where you cant use one of the more fun things, the Leader Ability.
That's just my opinion but I get the feeling I'm not alone in this.

Top Bottom