Season of Love Match Making

+
Did something change recently?

I'm only getting paired with Prestige 6+ players and i'm a lowly plebe that has not reached any prestige.

Getting kind of tired of being fodder for others climbing the season of love tree and I can't get past the 10 win requirement.

Nothing has changed. Seasonal doesn't have any matchmaking algorithm, it seems. That means anyone can be matched against anyone else. Not ideal, I guess. Regardless, you've just hit an unlucky streak.

I would not say an unlucky streak, with the 40 or so matches I have been matched 2-3 times with people in or near my prestige level.

The only wins I have gained outside my prestige level are people obviously just satisfying a quest like bleeding, regardless if they win or not.

I guess I'll just forfeit out until i'm actually matched within reason...

I would recommend to play a combination of artifacts and monster thrive with Gerni as a leader. I am actually surprised how many people (feels like 99%) are playing NG even though It can easily be beaten as long as you don`t grant them good targets for steal.
I think I lost up to now only one game in Seasonal and I didn`t bother to optimize my deck.
If you have the cards just include damage artifacts, boosts and thrive units below 4 strength.
Additionally, some 6 point units plus consume 5 strength granting you the flexibility to target big Units and afterwards boost them out of reach.
In general I win with an Advantage of 30+ pts.

Nevertheless, regarding match making I assume people just want to finish the achievements of saesonal tree as they are grind heavy as usual.

How does matchmaking work anyways? I never quite understood this on normal ranked (not pro rank).

I always assumed it was only rank or near rank again rank, not using Match Making Rating at all. And I have guessed based on playing for awhile, there are other factors like X deck is less likely to meet Y deck, or decks with card type X is more likely to meet other decks with card type X and such things.

This has just been my general impression the whole time I've played, but I'm probably wrong. It would be interesting to know how it actually works.

How does matchmaking work anyways? I never quite understood this on normal ranked (not pro rank).

I always assumed it was only rank or near rank again rank, not using Match Making Rating at all. And I have guessed based on playing for awhile, there are other factors like X deck is less likely to meet Y deck, or decks with card type X is more likely to meet other decks with card type X and such things.

This has just been my general impression the whole time I've played, but I'm probably wrong. It would be interesting to know how it actually works.
I think:
pro rank matchmaking is based on faction mmr,
normal rank matchmaking is based on rank,
casual and seasonal matchnaking is based on queue time.
But i'm not sure, correct me if i'm wrong :confused:

Well, I also thought that normal rank is ONLY based on rank, but some people say mmr plays a role (I don't believe it, but I keep hearing it all the time). Also, it seems based on which deck I use (very noticable with gimmick decks), that I DO meet some type of opponents and NOT others, based on my own deck.

Not sure if there is some mutually exclusive or inclusive factors to matchmaking somehow.

Top Bottom