Season of Magic and Update 9.0 are LIVE!

+

The Season of Magic has begun and with the release of "Once Upon a Pyre" 26 new cards are available in the game right now.

Update 9.0 also includes the long awaited Northern Realms rework plus balance changes to a lot of other cards, supporting the new cards.

Check them out in the game right now!

Seasonal modes in June:

08.06. - 15.06. Dual Casting
  • Once per turn, when you play a special card, spawn and play a copy of it immediately after
15.06. - 22.06. Patience is a virtue!
  • At the start of your turn, transform all cards in your hand into random ones that cost 1 provision more
22.06. - 29.06. Battle Rush
  • Both players have just 8 seconds to complete their turn and 15 seconds to complete the redrawing phrase.
29.06. - 06.07. Double Down
  • Whenever you play a unit from your hand, play a unit with the same Provision Cost from your deck. Your starting deck is doubled in size at the start of the match.
Patch notes: Link
This season is planned to end on July 6th, 10:00 a.m. CEST.

Last edited:
Yessss, my favourite modes are coming up soon. :D

Battle Rush will be even better now that the game plays so much faster.

Oh, and Dual Casting sounds like a great place for trying out the new ST cards... :p

Last edited:
Nice new main menu theme song, and the game seems to flow better as well. Liking this a lot!

Please tell me Patience is a Virtue now excludes scenarios... Nobody was playing anything other than NG multi-Ball decks last time around and it got so boring.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Looks like a great month for seasonal modes, which isnt very good when we have an expansion and are more focused on standard modes, but i guess beggars cant be choosers. :shrug:

I wish anyone would like to share the good win rate dual cast deck. last time I were crushed badly.

Oneromancy and other echo spells appear almost mandatory as they play double up to five times. Otherwise, I think the strongest is NG assimilate as every special card played triggers it. SY intimidate can be nasty for similar reasons, but it’s echo card doesn’t contribute as nicely.

I tried the seasonal with a Symbiosis deck, utilizing two of the new cards (Francesca and Sorceress). The opponent was also playing Symbiosis, and in R1 the board was a proper forest. I was using the Forgotten board, which only added to that effect. :D

Playing three Waylay in a row (Scenario, seasonal copy, Francesca) was awesome when there were more than enough Deathblow targets. Every single Nature card played caused a massive point swing, too, and it was super fun.

Still, I'm definitely looking forward to the next two modes.

Please tell me Patience is a Virtue now excludes scenarios... Nobody was playing anything other than NG multi-Ball decks last time around and it got so boring.
Want to see something funny?

With the "new" pince m. you can try to put 2 aristocrat in to your deck betwen rounds and use them in the last round with all those ball.

So the ball dominant will be with NR

you can try to put 2 aristocrat in to your deck betwen rounds
And how do you plan to pull said Aristocrats (which you'll be super lucky to even get) to trigger the Ball(s)? RNG relying on RNG...

NG will be the best faction for Ball simply because it only needs RNG to be able to pull Aristocrats -- and Tactical Decision helps with that of course.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just writing to remind everyone 'Battle Rush' seasonal mode a.k.a blitz mode a.k.a best mode ever has begun for 1 week.

Now this is the Gwent i enjoy, where everyone else is forced to play at a speed close to my own :ohstopit:

Blitz Mode (w Passiflora Deck) edit.jpg

The winrate is nice and all (i dont even think that was a legit loss, i accidentally misclicked something, like one often does in this mode)
But the best part? Look at the timestamps - 8 matches in 1 hour, now that is some efficient time-usage, on standard modes you're lucky if you get half of that.

BTW, shameless plug - these results were obtained with my passiflora engine overload deck, didnt even need to change anything for this mode, it can be found here:

#makeblitzGWENTpermanent

I went undefeated in the mode yesterday; I played one game (but like two hours of Patience) and the opponent insta-forfeited. Maybe they thought I was mill or clog. :LOL:

Wrong Seasonal mode rules description or...

Double down
"Whenever YOU play a unit from YOUR HAND, play a unit with the same Provision Cost from YOUR DECK".

The NG opponents play THEIR spying unit and then play MY units from MY DECK.

Either bad writing of the seasonal mode rules or bad implementation of such rules.
As I remember the previous time this mode was active the same thing happend.

Top Bottom