Season of Magic is here!

+
Well, it didnt take long for seasonal mode to degenerate into 'Gord-fest', with everyone desperate to win R1 to have last say and have their giant Gords safe.

I've also faced NG, which sucks because they have Yen's Invocation x2, basically you cant play 2 great cards on the early rounds or they'll definitely be used against you later.
I will try to use my spy card the one i forgot its name that shows 2 lovers
Play the top card of your opponent deck ;)

Do all get 15 keys after a season ends, or is it tied to the rank?
1591258606887.png

DRK3

Forum veteran
I just finished the "win 15 rounds in seasonal" quest, and i have to say, this was THE WORST gaming experience i had in very long time. This time seasonal is more broken than ever, comparable only to Wild hunt season. Wining 15 rounds is not even a chore anymore, it is outright torture! On blue coin you can't win and on red coin your opponent will quit, so what you have to do is to hope that someone will take pity on you and let you win R1 on blue coin 2 or 3 cards down.
On the other hand, this mode is perfect for ST, SY and NG masteries, red coin = instant win.

i think you are overreacting, and maybe arent adjusting well to this seasonal mode's conditions.

That's one of the worst mistakes a player can make in seasonals - being too fixated on regular mode's meta and its cards, while seasonal has a completely different meta and what works well is different.

Also, i havent quit or see anyone quit on blue coin, and its true most push R1 and R2 really hard, but that's because players feel they're decks are really strong and capable of 2-0, you just need a deck strong enough to deny them that. And against ST and SY do not let them have last say, or they will play their 30+ pt Gord.

I just finished the "win 15 rounds in seasonal" quest, and i have to say, this was THE WORST gaming experience i had in very long time. This time seasonal is more broken than ever, comparable only to Wild hunt season. Wining 15 rounds is not even a chore anymore, it is outright torture! On blue coin you can't win and on red coin your opponent will quit, so what you have to do is to hope that someone will take pity on you and let you win R1 on blue coin 2 or 3 cards down.
On the other hand, this mode is perfect for ST, SY and NG masteries, red coin = instant win.
Did you know you can complete this quest winning rounds in classic mode? xDDDDD

Yeah, i found it funny to see that poison bomb because last year, exactly during this month and its seasonal mode, it was the only time in Gwent HC where poison was used more often... then came Merchants of Ofir and made poison super popular...

But yeah, its definitely OP in this mode, instakill + 3x2 damage on adjacent units for what? 5 provisions?
Actually, last year's "season of the elves" had a very popular "call of harmony" deck, using only the poison dryads as their 5p? bronze to pull exactly that same move. It was only second to the assimilate/spy deck, I guess. But you're right, out of season it was bad.

It's the least fun season mode so far in this year. This mode is so destructive.
It proves the minimum of 13 unit rule in a deck is necessary.

It's the least fun season mode so far in this year. This mode is so destructive.
It proves the minimum of 13 unit rule in a deck is necessary.
It is only "necessary" for this mode.
Every mode is played somewhat differently, so I do not get your point.
Of course Seasonal is imbalanced, it always is and there is no need to change that.
And of course certain classical decks are completely unplayable in certain Seasonal modes.
By your logic the Season of the Wild Hunt (and Wolf) should prove a maximum number for units would be necessary.

So, I just finished the Keira Metz season tree and was puzzled as hell due to it having
absolutely nothing to do with Keira Metz at all!
Still, I got a nice cardback and avatar from it...

Well, at this point in time, I can not believe there still are so many bugs. Cards not functioning properly (e.g. just played Villentretenmerth today in arena and did it do what it is supposed to do and destroy a card? Oh, no, of course it did not), visual presentation still having problems (unaligned player avatars and stuck Syndicate explanation just below the leader all throughout the game AND the whole playtime session), many mishaps in seasonal and arena modes as in cards not functioning as stated or with respect to each other (e.g. last season, thirsty dame when opposing a similar card and an infinite loop created)... in standard game, I have not had any such bad luck -fortunately)...

There were many more, but with the start of the season, some others I experienced during the last season have not popped up so far (like journey quests log stuck at a particular week and etc.), so I guess that is a plus, at least.

Also -a minor thing maybe- you give a free zerikanian trinket, but I can not seem to locate it after I claim it.

Last but not least, you said two or three months ago that you wished the players would be AS excited about the meteorite powder AS you were and that you will be releasing new themes and ornaments related to it, but did you effectively do so? No. Why? Because I guess introducing the journey mode and encouraging people to pay more money (again) seemed more profitable to you. So, you say one thing, but do the other, you introduce new expansions (which is fine) but can not get the cards to function properly with each new adjustment (which is not fine), and you still can not get those bugs fixed for good. I have to say, at this stage, this very disappointing and tiresome.

One last thing before I go: Maybe I have misinterpreted or missed some points in gameplay. So, a SUGGESTION: If it is at all possible, WHY DON'T YOU introduce a gameplay log (at the very least something similar to that of chess) and let players such as me see to see if their claim is right, if there was indeed a mishap. Regardless of that, this would also let players to analyze their games and see if they played right, if they strategized properly and such. To go over your previous games and see what you did wrong and where could be a big PLUS.

Anyhow, whatever the case is, or whether I am reading certain things wrong, I wish you healthy days. That is, after all, the most important thing right now.

I am not sure if my keira metz seasonal reward tree is bugged or what. I am not making any progress towards the challenge of "play 25 spell cards" and "play 25 alchemy cards". I have tried it in the seasonal mode, in ranked and unranked regular play and no matter how many alchemy and spell cards I play, the progress for both nodes stays at 0. I did unlock both nodes already so i don't know what it could be. Can anyone help?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just had an amazing match in Seasonal Mode - i was using MO Deathwish/Swarm, my opponent a NG Assimilate type-ish.

Just in this match, were played 6 Succubus (4 from me, 2 from opponent), 2 Assires, 4 Mattas and 2 Shupes of his!

I hate every season. They are fun for about a week then get old fast. Too gimicky, too unbalanced. There is a reason they only last 1 month. Half the playerbase would leave if it was the classic mode. The only pro about seasonal is the queue times are around 10-15 seconds.

Just played a SK deck from someone who got 6 or 7 shupes (almost all their cards in 3rd round were shupe and repeated destroy an enemy every time, so few could be done). How did he make so many copies? He had lippy and that card which can discard 2 cards. I had korathi, should I have used it on lippy to cut his strategy?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Pretty much everyone is using SY, ST or NG in this seasonal mode... so i obviously used SK, NR and MO.

SK has some nice specials like raiding fleet plus all the (double revives) and decoction+delirium.

MO is the best at swarming and getting those crazy 36pt bone talismans.

Even NR is a lot of fun with reinforcements and necromancy, first i used a caravan vanguard swarm, more recently im using a siege engine spam that just storms the board and wipes the opponent every turn, if you're able to set it up on a long R3.

So, it might be an unpopular opinion, but i think this is one of the most balanced seasonal modes, where every faction is viable.

Pretty much everyone is using SY, ST or NG in this seasonal mode... so i obviously used SK, NR and MO.

SK has some nice specials like raiding fleet plus all the (double revives) and decoction+delirium.

MO is the best at swarming and getting those crazy 36pt bone talismans.

Even NR is a lot of fun with reinforcements and necromancy, first i used a caravan vanguard swarm, more recently im using a siege engine spam that just storms the board and wipes the opponent every turn, if you're able to set it up on a long R3.

So, it might be an unpopular opinion, but i think this is one of the most balanced seasonal modes, where every faction is viable.
Not today, probably they're completing the Journey but in the last hour playing seasonal, after checking my records I've faced: 2 ST, 1 SY, 3 MO, 1 NR and 2 NG (curiously the most surprising was a SK deck which just made infinite shupe copies).

-even NR can do well, with necromancy and reinforcements giving crazy value, i used these with caravan vanguards and i saw an opponent use them with cintrian guards and it was one hell of a match.
You can also do some crazy stuff with sabrina's inferno and revenants, had an opponent do a board wipe on my side 3 or 4 turns, and i was putting 3/4 units each turn...
[/QUOTE]

I think I met that person: best player I've played against. It was a delight to be taught how to play and lose by an incredible margin. On your other post, I've discovered this 'Gord' character and SY. Add in a few more flashes and bangs and I've won more games in a week than in the six before combined.

One lovely trick I managed (just the once) was a final combo of Syanna (sp?) and Gord: I would have liked to have broken the 50pt in one card play, but couldn't quite manage it.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I know its definitely too late to be giving strategies to the current seasonal mode, but i just had to share this...

So, you know how a LOT of players in seasonal are using SY or ST, and fighting fiercely R1 in order to have last say so their giant Gords are safe from tall removal/reset?

I just found the most hilarious counter to these last turn Gords, and the best thing is - you dont actually need last say, it even works better if you dont have last say:
-play a Shupe deck. play Shupe as your last card, select Shupe Mage and pray you get the option:
'transform the rightmost card of both players into a random special'
you dont have any card left in hand but effect still triggers for opponent!
and you even get to play the 2nd Shupe for whatever you want, easily getting 12+ points with it
that is if your opponent doesnt rageforfeit :shrug:

Top Bottom