Season of Mahakam and Update 7.4 packed with new features are here!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

We’ve just launched update 7.4 on iOS, Android and PC (GOG & Steam)!

With this update we start the Season of Mahakam with it’s seasonal mode and special, sturdy-as-a-dwarf, rule set:

Seasonal mode: Entrench

Whenever you play a unit, give it resilience.

Enjoy the rowdy, stubborn playstyle of Mahakam until December 8th, 10 a.m CET!

“But wait there's more!”

Additionally, update 7.4 introduces Journey 3 as well as Draft Early Access, a successor to, now retired, Arena.

Full list of changes can be found here:

New Journey - Alzur:
  • New characters: Meet Alzur & Snowdrop - the mutagen expert and creator of the Witchers with his friendly companion Bard - you can learn more about the history of this adventuring pair in weekly story updates
  • Rewards - completely new rewards themed around our protagonists to unlock in standard and premium paths, including: customisable Alzur leader, avatars, borders, titles, and more!
  • Achievements - unlock even more vanities by playing matches with your favourite outfits!
  • New type of trinket - Unleash Alzur’s power in style with the help of his Magic Focus!
New Feature - Draft Mode:
  • Alzur’s mastery of mutation must have exerted it’s influence, as Arena transforms into Draft Mode, now available in Early Access for all players! Draft mode does not require any entry fee. You start by choosing one of the three leader abilities, and a Core Card. Decks are drafted in 3 card card packs, and each subsequent set of packs you will be presented with is connected to your previous choices.As a finishing touch you’ll choose one of three Stratagems.Play against other players with your drafted deck, for a maximum run of 7 matches. Unhappy with your deck? No problem! You can drop the run and redraft it at any time.Claim victory over your opponents, and see your progress tracked on the stone circle.With the closing of Arena you will receive 150 ore for all unfinished runs, as well as for each unused Mirror Shard. Unfinished contracts related to Arena will be hidden and won't affect overall contracts progression. Players who completed them earlier will be able to see them. "Refer a friend" milestone related to Arena will no longer be available.
Patch notes:
  • We’re removing iOS 12 support, to run Gwent on Apple devices iOS13 or newer version is now required.
  • Clicking on an already claimed node in Reward Book will no longer result in an audio loop.
  • XP income on the outcome screen will now animate properly.
Skellige:
  • The Blaze of Glory leader ability will now take into account a unit's current power, rather than base power, when dealing damage.
  • Warrior cards played through Cantarella or Experimental Remedy will no longer grant charges to the opponent's An Craite Blacksmith.
Nilfgaard:
  • Thirsty Dame will now be boosted by the bleeding status applied by the Blood Moon row effect.
  • Milton de Peyrac-Peyran and Palmerin de Launfal now correctly show each other in their card previews.
Monsters:
  • Yghern will now destroy itself, when its Locked status is removed while it has no Armor.

Draft Mode took precedent over actually balancing the game. I knew it would end up like this but I'm still disappointed. Devs need to work on their priorities. The game is so ridiculously unbalanced with deck variety at an all-time low yet you chose to shift focus on an alternate mode. I just don't get it.

The absence of balance changes is disappointing. :(

I really like how you improved the jurney. And i hope you will take this mind-set - improve, instead of repeating past mistakes - into the next holyday event. :smart:

Draft is definitely much better than Arena, there isn't much to do right now, but it's a solid foundation for future improvements. (y)

Draft Mode took precedent over actually balancing the game. I knew it would end up like this but I'm still disappointed. Devs need to work on their priorities. The game is so ridiculously unbalanced with deck variety at an all-time low yet you chose to shift focus on an alternate mode. I just don't get it.

I'm annoyed too, but the reality is there is rarely this much variety on ladder. 'All time low'? Do you remember the SK warriors meta just after MM when every second or third game on pro ladder was against that BS?
Post automatically merged:

'Clicking on an already claimed node in Reward Book will no longer result in an audio loop.'

Thank God for that. It was driving me crazy for months and I wondered if they were even aware of the bug.

Thanks for the update.

Does anybody has problems proceeding with the play neutral and boost 5 times quest?

Wait. You can just keep drafting a new deck until you get a strong one? Is this really how this mode is supposed to work?
I was never big into arena but I thought the whole point was to adapt to the hand you've been dealt. Now it seems it's simply about spending enough time drafting to build an unbeatable deck.

On my phone the game won't update... It just tells me this version of the game is no longer supported ("could not connect") and that's okay BUT WHERE DO I CLICK TO UPDATE? :oops:
I am on my Wi-Fi and previously I never had issues with updating.

Edit: "We’re removing iOS 12 support, to run Gwent on Apple devices iOS13 or newer version is now required."
- OH! WTF!>?!?? Was that really necessary? How do I update to IOS13 then? :eek: Hmmm... I have a Xiaomi Redmi 7 phone and the game worked perfectly before, why am I now being disqualified from playing??? I checked my phone updates and there aren't any new updates.

Last edited:
That was the last straw of patience. I just saw Harald play in the second round in the third form with neutral cards in the deck. Great new arena. I'm deleting the game until you make it playable.

This update seems packed full of glitches. When I first logged on this morning after updating, it said that Ranked was transitioning and Seasonal mode (as well as the corresponding Reward Book trees) were just gone; however, since Draft mode was working, I decided to try that, and on a side note, I 100% agree that there still needs to be an entry cost with rewards because as it stands now, there is no reason not to keep drafting until you get a broken deck.

But anyway, back to the topic at hand, Ranked opened back up after playing a few Draft games, and lo and behold, I didn't receive any Reward Points even though my MMR was reset and I got demoted a couple of Ranks.

Over the next few hours, I logged out and logged back in every now and then, simultaneously checking for the Seasonal mode/trees and whether or not I belatedly received my Ranked rewards. While the latter never appeared, eventually Seasonal mode did finally appear, but this month's Reward Book trees were glitched, showing a cost of 5 RP for each quest node instead of the usual 3. Also, I'm pretty sure it's a glitch and not an update because what kind of game developer would make these kinds of changes at the end of the year with preexisting content. These kinds of changes would instead be implemented at the beginning of next year with the newly added trees.

The sad part is that the new Journey actually looks very well-made, but CDPR still managed to upset me by screwing up literally every other aspect of the update.

Okay, guess I am uninstalling the game from my phone now. :/ Mayyyybe when my phone manufacturer releases an OS update for my particular phone I'll reinstall it...
Ffs what will I do at work now??? - WORK?!! - NO, damn you! -_-
Also no more Gwent in bed or at a bus stop xD :[ ...Just on my computer.

That!

Are u serious? Nilfgaard hasn't played for two seasons and you only fix THAT?
hahahahaha, I am literally rolling on the floor laughing with this update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom