Season of Mahakam is ending!

+

Get the move on, lads! Look alive! Season of Mahakam ends this Friday, November 30th at 12.00 PM (noon) CET!

This month, console players will receive season rewards according to the old rules, whereas PC players will receive Reward Points:

New Ranked season will start on December 4th on all platforms. Players will be assigned with new ranks depending on their current ranks:

PS4 and Xbox One:

Console players who reached rank 21 in the July-November seasons will start the new season with rank 0 (Pro Rank) as well.

PC:

* In the Season of Mahakam, all Pro Rank players will retain rank 0. Starting from Season of the Wild Hunt, top 500 Pro Rank players will retain their top positions, while other players will be demoted to rank 5.

Can someone clarify how does the Season of Mahakam reward tree work? Will it be available only temporarily? What kind of rewards are there inside? Will we be able to spend other reward points there or only the end of season reward points? Does it make sense to save up points for it?

Can someone clarify how does the Season of Mahakam reward tree work? Will it be available only temporarily? What kind of rewards are there inside? Will we be able to spend other reward points there or only the end of season reward points? Does it make sense to save up points for it?

Mahakam reward tree won't be available this year. Hopefully in December, the Wild Hunt season's reward tree will be available. What's inside is unknown, but by the previews we can guess there'll be borders and avatar(s), maybe some premium kegs (but that just a speculation). All reward points can be spent there.

I am keeping 100 reward points for the tree to unlock, just in case.

Question - are the PC rank rewards based on highest achieved rank or on the current rank?

Current/end of the season rank. :)

Season trees are not available yet – they are coming next year.

Any reason why it is a current rank and not highest achieved?
This just stop people from playing any ranked once they reach rank 7 or any other bracket as it comes closer to end season.
My guess is that the 'highest' achieved is kept after the season reset, so it's basically your best achievement from all seasons. Simply an indicator, nothing else.

rrc

Forum veteran
As others have pointed out, this seems like a bad idea. It should be as it was pre HC, where the Season End rewards were determined by Highest Rank reached. This will discourage people from playing ranked and people with Tier 1 deck will start to play Casual once they reach their potential bucket. This will haunt new players who want to do dailies to improve their collection and basically result in bad new-player-experience. I sincerely request CDPR to consider changing this to Highest Seasonal Rank reached. Even if not now, in the future season rewards.
Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

My guess is that the 'highest' achieved is kept after the season reset, so it's basically your best achievement from all seasons. Simply an indicator, nothing else.
This was there even before HC. There was a Highest Rank Reached that gets shown in the profile and a Highest Seasonal Rank Reached which is shown during the matches.

Last edited:
Make it highest rank reached CDPR.
There is simply no punishment for reaching PRO you cant get below 5 and you cant get to test anything.

But if you dont have time to play much and need to climb up to 9 or 4 you arent just allowed to test anything. Losing one rank means you lose 5 ranks next season start.

Same for rewards. Once you've reached rank 7 there is zero chance to play something you arent familiar with. Or zero chance to play at all.

THANKS

Season trees are not available yet – they are coming next year.

Weren't season trees supposed to be released along with the console versions in December?

Gwent was the only card game I played competitively in constructed and reached rank 20 or 21 every season since the start of OBT.

The ladder system based on MMR was good (allowed you to quickly reach higher ranks if you had high winrate). The rewards were good (both end season and when reaching each rank for the first time in the season). The competition was fair (I rarely met mediocre players on higher ranks and it was always challenging, and there were many different decks).

In Homecoming CDPR managed to destroy all of the above. Win/loss star (mosaic) system based on Hearthstone makes going up the ranks a chore. Rewards are basically the same as for playing casual. Competition... how do I put it lightly. Everyone above rank 10 is playing one of the 4-5 tier 1 decks. Finally, there's no point playing some point since rewards are based on your current rank, not highest rank (this is really a bad decision).

Well, I guess all good things have to come to an end sometimes.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Are the season reward trees only coming in 2019? I was already disappointed when i found out Season of Mahakam wont be available till October/ November of next year, but i assumed on December Season, since all platforms get access to HC, it would premier the season trees, but since they're not, only explanation is they aren't ready yet...

Now, why the hell did i stock up on hundreds of RP? I could be puttin all that into swag skins for so many leaders...

"next season" ranking makes no sense... "pro (0)" stays pro, but 1-10 go back to 25, and lower progressions start higher then them?

1-4 rank back to 5 rank
5-9 rank back to 10 rank
10-15 rank back to 15 rank
16-20 rank back to 20 rank
21-25 rank back to 25 rank

If those 0 rankers stay there again next month, I'm not sure I can keep playing the game next season. Currently, there are like only 5 people I meet from 1 to 3 rank. 5 of us play same game again and again. ( and matching take more than 5 mins).

And about the rewarding point, I think people should get the points based on their highest rank not the current point. When they reach the 7 or 14, they don't play much game at the end of the season because they are afraid!! Please change this policy. There are not many players already.

Top Bottom