Season of Mahakam is here!

+

A new season has begun with a brand new seasonal mode - this time each played card will gain resilience! New avatars, borders and Mahakam cardback are now ready to be unlocked by completing quests from the Reward Book!

Season of Mahakam will last until Tuesday, December 10th, 10am CET!

Season of spring equinox! 4 provision power (y)
Appart from that it should be fun. Trying to play around purify, yrden or big unit removal. Looking forward to try it

Till December 10th, not November 10th.

In fact, that's an unusually long season. Curious.

Wow that is strange......CDPR about to do something crazy again.......
Post automatically merged:

I'm geting that vibe. Right before homecoming was announced I had made a similar thread to my latest one complaining about why the patch was so light. Here was are de ja vu all over again. Brace yourselves.

The change made to the visuals are kinda nice, I quiet like them.
The only thing, however, is the delay on turn end to see triggers happening.

I'm not saying it's a bad addition (even though I don't personally need it myself, I respect peoples who does) but the delay seems really exaggerated to me.
It's not exactly a big deal but still, it's a good 4 ~ 5 seconds on each turn end. It seems a bit excessive to me (am I the only one who have that feeling?).

Another Seasonal Mode that makes me wanna jump through the window by just looking at some streams... what did you do for 2 months in a row now? Last month with the HORRIBLE expansion I just gave up and stopped playing, it was so irritating. This month you tried to bring me back to the game with absolutely nothing. No balance patch, not a fun Seasonal. Only visual. Guess what - I would like to PLAY YOUR GAME. Not watch it. I bet you want the same thing too.

Season of spring equinox! 4 provision power (y)
Appart from that it should be fun. Trying to play around purify, yrden or big unit removal. Looking forward to try it
Don't give them ideas!

Another Seasonal Mode that makes me wanna jump through the window by just looking at some streams... what did you do for 2 months in a row now? Last month with the HORRIBLE expansion I just gave up and stopped playing, it was so irritating. This month you tried to bring me back to the game with absolutely nothing. No balance patch, not a fun Seasonal. Only visual. Guess what - I would like to PLAY YOUR GAME. Not watch it. I bet you want the same thing too.
I've been just playing arena and occasionally casual but arena rewards are really not worth it. Should go back to a premium for a victory or choice of keg.

Have not see you here in a long time

Arena rewards never made sense. I auto forfeited and got 1 keg and 35 ore. Next time i won 1 match then quit and got 1 keg and 25 ore. Please revamp arena

... Have not see you here in a long time
Well, had a reason for that, but won't get in details. I was reading and even played the game, though. Even started to enjoy it at one point and than (ironically enough) Iron Judgement came. "But it's so balanced".

Yeah, sure. :howdy:

Well, had a reason for that, but won't get in details. I was reading and even played the game, though. Even started to enjoy it at one point and than (ironically enough) Iron Judgement came. "But it's so balanced".

Yeah, sure. :howdy:
It launched better than I thought it would. There are obvious things that need balancing though. Maybe something like a timer on defenders. 3 turns then self purify?

My initial thought is that i worry that this is too much like the last season mode, being very round one heavy. Added to that i can already see some old seasonal strategies from seasons past which will be just as valid this time except now some of the most dangerous cards will be usable in two rounds, making some of the already previously crushing plays even stronger.
My second thought is that at the very bloody least this might be one season where the nilfgaardians don't have a massive advantage.
Third thought is that the frame and the portraits are something that i want. Nice to see desirable rewards twice in a row. I'll certainly have to try a lot harder if i want to get these.
My fourth and final thought is that the Dwarves really need a nerf. I mean it's lovely to see synergies between cards but the dwarves already had powerful plays even before the Mad Max Rowdy Road but now they've absolutely gone through the roof. Which is impressive given their height. Maybe it's because there hasn't been that many synergy setups in Gwent so far so they feel op without that context.

Last edited:
Yes and no, since the resilience stays only one round. It happens a lot that round one is long, but if in a very tough spot, sometimes passing early to have a longer round 2 is also an option. Just gotta be careful against engines (especially the NR that is fashion right now). Anyway for sure not a long round 3.

Hardly any balancing.

What does that mean? Developers either think the game is reasonably balanced or preparing yet another major rework?

For me it means an occasional Arena run. I can’t be bothered to play the stale, repetitive ranked and don’t even get me started on Seasonal.

I just wish Arena rewards were a bit better for 6-9 wins, of course for a bit higher entry + ban defenders.

Hardly any balancing.

What does that mean? Developers either think the game is reasonably balanced or preparing yet another major rework?

For me it means an occasional Arena run. I can’t be bothered to play the stale, repetitive ranked and don’t even get me started on Seasonal.

I just wish Arena rewards were a bit better for 6-9 wins, of course for a bit higher entry + ban defenders.
I've been playing amost exclusively arena the last two seasons

Hardly any balancing.

Arena should go back to a premium gold for a victory. Rewards are pretty lame considering daily don't count. It's only worth it if you win 9

Top Bottom