Season of Storms - new book by Andrzej Sapkowski!

+
I know there is a list somewhere were all the books are listed that are translated (officially and fan-translated) in English, but i can't find the thread. Could someone link me to it? Thanks.

I know there is a list somewhere were all the books are listed that are translated (officially and fan-translated) in English, but i can't find the thread. Could someone link me to it? Thanks.

Here you go:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16494-Our-Community-Fan-Translations

I have to tell you that only the books that are not yet translated in English officially, are provided by that thread. Oh and Season of Storms has not yet been fan translated.

I hope that's what you wanted. Otherwise you can find a list of all the books, in the witcher wiki.

Here is that link:
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Witcher_series

Last edited:
On english wikipedia, there seems to be enough info. Can't help you more, sorry.

Does anyone have some info on the Czech translation? Did master Komárek gave any info about his work?

Lucky you, guys. Italian translation won't come out until 2017.

...If my calculations are correct

I don't want to be like...neener neener, but I've just found out that czech translation is planned for november 2014 and I want to share my joy :) Now to plan the order in which things will go. To start with the Last wish and continue in chronologically? Or read only new book?

Just finished Bouřková sezóna, Sezon Burz, Season of Storms, an hour ago :)

Yeah, Sapkowski still got it. It is a new book after some 14 years since the last Witcher book was written. It takes place just before the short story "The Witcher" - the short story where Geralt manages to cancel the curse on Foltest's daughter Adda and turn her from striga into human girl. CD Projekt has shown main part of this short story in the intro of Witcher 1. This was afaik the first Witcher short story that Sapkowski ever wrote, so this new novel flowing into it is a very cool touch. Anyway, it was as good as I hoped, humorous, sexy, violent with expertly described Geralt's bad-assery...I hope english version will come out soon, it is so awesome and deserves to be read by as many people as possible (I read CZ version, we have amazing translator fortunately). Has anyone else here read it ? What do you think about it? About the ending? I found it quite touching. And somewhat ambiguous, like Sapkowski likes to do. I wonder if CD Projekt implemented any nods to Season of Storms for Witcher 3. It would be cool to meet Mozaik, for example. There were some incredibly atmospheric chapters in there. The whole sailing through swamps while hunted by illusion casting Aguara, for example. Or Geralt's journey into the heart of the mountain to kill Sorel Degerlund..that was so masterfully written.

I love the fact that the book was very much about Geralt. There weren't many pages that he would be missing on. It was like one of the short stories, but meatier, longer and more epic.

Before Season of Storms, I read Last Wish (which I also recommend, and it already has english version) and will follow up with Sword of Destiny and then the novel saga...and then finally I will replay Witcher 2 and import that save into Witcher 3. So excited :)

For some reason the thing I remembered the most was when Geralt has nearly been raped by a bunch of farting muscle-bound female guards... Am I strange? :p

Well that was one original thing among many Sapkowskian reiterations (scheming wizards, promiscous sorceresses, inept rulers, altruistic dwarves etc.) from earlier books. I'm tempted to say I've been disapointed by Season Of Storms for it's lack of originality, but on the other hand I must admit the book was great fun ;)

Just finished Bouřková sezóna, Sezon Burz, Season of Storms, an hour ago :)

About the ending? I found it quite touching. And somewhat ambiguous, like Sapkowski likes to do.
Just finished the epilogue fifteen minutes ago :D The ending was great, I think I shed a tear, lol. There was a little nod to Martin's Song Of Ice And Fire, I think, with
Nimue
repeating religiously the names of the places she had to travel thru to get to her destination, like Arya used to repeat the names of the people she wanted to see dead.

Book 8 of Geralt

Today i buy book no 8 about Witcher Geralt.
It title is "Seasons of Storms". Its a prequel of "Last wish"
I hope that is good as books before.

Top Bottom