Season of Storms - new book by Andrzej Sapkowski!

+
MasPingon said:
Let me know if I understand correctly - You don't believe in Geralt's death, because he had bandages on his chest?
I have to say the same. Whole scene and dialogues are quite strange for "dead people".

1) Yes - those bandages are good hint. I really don't expect he would need them in afterlife :)
2) I also don't expect I will doubt where I am, when I will be dead and I will have to ask about it

.. this was already discussed in depth and everyone can have his opinion. But when we are talking about indicia..

We know the Witcher world is quite dark, but spirits having to heal from what killed them takes it a bit too far. The doubt for me was whether Ciri had made that up, although it would have been strange considering there had not been "false" scene anytime along the saga.

MasPingon said:
Let me know if I understand correctly - You don't believe in Geralt's death, because he had bandages on his chest?

Yeah, if he's dead when we see him last time in Lady of the Lake, then why he's still wounded after peasant attack, still feels pain and needs bandages? If he's dead, that simply ain't got a lick of sense. He's definitely not a ghoul also. So if you can explain in logical way why dead Geralt still need bandages, then I would be grateful if you share with this explanation. Everyone who claimed that Geralt may be dead were unable to give me one.

Vojtas said:
I finished SS yesterday. Book is a great read. Grab it NOW!
Just out of curiosity. Does it "compromise" the story in the games? And I'll grab it, in a few years when it's translated to a language I understand.. :/

i came here just to make you even more jealous, i read only 100 pages and i forcing myself to not read further , i dont wanna end it so quickly. Its so witchery experience: this tension between Geralt and some pretty ginger sorceress , this little detail and lore discover, this specific sapokowski's humour, this plot twist...just wait and beg your publisher to translate this stuff as fast as it possible , u will luv it

eskiMoe said:
Just out of curiosity. Does it "compromise" the story in the games?
No. Book events take place before 'The Witcher', first short story from The Last Wish anthology. These events are not connected with CDPR's creation in any way. Novel greatly expands our knowledge about Witcherland. There are many new details about sorcerers, cities (like Novigrad), magic (new witcher sign), monsters, kingdoms and lands, companies, witcher school of Cat. There are also many interesting characters. I don't want to spoil anything else. I wonder if TW3 will contain references to SS. I hope that game dialogues or at least glossary entries will be updated. It would be a very nice touch. Book is selling great. Two days after release bookstores are almost done. Reprint is underway just as we speak. Andrzej Sapkowski should be very pleased. Good sales = high chance for sequel/prequel. There are many empty places in Witcherland chronology that are begging for filling. Storm season has interesting threads that could be foundation of the new novel.

Aver

Forum veteran
Vojtas said:
Vojtas said:
Just out of curiosity. Does it "compromise" the story in the games? And I'll grab it, in a few years when it's translated to a language I understand.. :/

No.

Actually you are 'kinda' wrong.
At the end of the book Nimue met Geralt 100 years after his death. She recognized him because he became a legend and her reactions made it clear that he wasn't walking on earth for the last 100 years - she was surprised, but she said that she knew that he will come back one day just as legend said. He clearly didn't want her to know that he is alive so he used Somne on her and he made her forget him. So in book events from the game didn't happen otherwise Nimue would remember different date of Geralt's death.

Aver said:
Actually you are 'kinda' wrong.
Well, it's unclear. It could be interpreted differently depending on point of view, similar to the end of the saga. Besides it doesn't really important, because only the books are canon.

Vojtas said:
No. Book events take place before 'The Witcher', first short story from The Last Wish anthology. These events are not connected with CDPR's creation in any way. Novel greatly expands our knowledge about Witcherland. There are many new details about sorcerers, cities (like Novigrad), magic (new witcher sign), monsters, kingdoms and lands, companies, witcher school of Cat. There are also many interesting characters. I don't want to spoil anything else. I wonder if TW3 will contain references to SS. I hope that game dialogues or at least glossary entries will be updated. It would be a very nice touch. Book is selling great. Two days after release bookstores are almost done. Reprint is underway just as we speak. Andrzej Sapkowski should be very pleased. Good sales = high chance for sequel/prequel. There are many empty places in Witcherland chronology that are begging for filling. Storm season has interesting threads that could be foundation of the new novel.
Good to hear. Not that I'd be that bothered even if the books somehow compromised the story. They're canon of course. CDPR's work should only be considered "fan fiction" or something.

But I really, really like the ending of the saga, and I'd rather see more from Geralt's early years than some "cash grab" restart of the book saga..

If someone will find readable english/russian translation of this book. please post a link. Everyone here will be gratefull.

silverhead said:
If someone will find readable english/russian translation of this book. please post a link. Everyone here will be gratefull.

Or just inform that such thing exists. I am sure it will be on RuTracker.org in no time.

arkblazer said:
a spanish version wouldnt be bad either :p/>

http://www.fantasymagazine.it/notizie/20095/lucca-games-2013-la-presentazione-alla-stampa-di/

Ha voluto informare i presenti, inoltre, che il suo nuovo libro appena concluso, è attualmente in fase di traduzione presso i traduttori in lingua spagnola e ceca e — per quanto questo sia immodesto, ma la modestia è una malattia che egli dichiara di avere oramai ha superato — ce ne saranno molte altre, più di venti lingue diverse forse, e poi ne verranno ancora.

nocny said:
http://www.fantasymagazine.it/notizie/20095/lucca-games-2013-la-presentazione-alla-stampa-di/

Ha voluto informare i presenti, inoltre, che il suo nuovo libro appena concluso, è attualmente in fase di traduzione presso i traduttori in lingua spagnola e ceca e — per quanto questo sia immodesto, ma la modestia è una malattia che egli dichiara di avere oramai ha superato — ce ne saranno molte altre, più di venti lingue diverse forse, e poi ne verranno ancora.

That's an italian (not spanish) interview that confirms they're working on spanish and czech version :)

He wanted to inform those present, also, that his new book that he has just ended, is currently being translated by the translators in Spanish and Czech and - and even if this is immodest, but modesty is a disease that he claims to have now overcome - there will be many more, perhaps more than twenty different languages​​, and then there will be even more.

Oh yes... if all goes well we will have Season of Storms in January 2017

Top Bottom