Season of the Bear has started!

+

The new season has begun and Update 8.3 is available!

It introduces 12 new cards, as well as extensive balance changes.
Seasonal mode: Banished
  • After mulligan Banish both players decks. Whenever a card appears in any deck, banish it.
Patch notes: Link
This season will last until April 1st, 10:00 a.m. CEST.

the new Seasonal Mode is different from last year (which I haven't played that one)

So, we have only 10 cards for the rest of 3 rounds. Very interesting!
Thanks for the wonderful new Seasonal game mode.

Although season trees appeared, I can see no new ones. Will there be no new season trees as well as new year of the Bull trees?

the new Seasonal Mode is different from last year (which I haven't played that one)

So, we have only 10 cards for the rest of 3 rounds. Very interesting!
Thanks for the wonderful new Seasonal game mode.
It was the same last year. Good seasonal mode, although it was plagued with Nilfs with Vilgefortz, Tibor and cards like that.
The year before that it was actually different (and more fun, I think) - with a bear in each player's melee row, tied to drawing cards (although it was later plagues by SK decks with Ragnarok),

Although season trees appeared, I can see no new ones. Will there be no new season trees as well as new year of the Bull trees?
Yeah, I already finished Ivo van Belhaven and Vernon Roche. At least one new seasonal tree like last month would be necessary.

Anyone knows if the lack of new seasonal tree is a bug or are we done with season trees for now/alltogether?
If it's not a bug i would expect it to be mentioned in the thread or at least during the stream yesterday. Anyone has any info on this?

Anyone knows if the lack of new seasonal tree is a bug or are we done with season trees for now/alltogether?
If it's not a bug i would expect it to be mentioned in the thread or at least during the stream yesterday. Anyone has any info on this?
They said a while ago (although I can't remember where) that this year would operate exactly like the previous one, with the 3 trees returning and no new ones being added.

I'm more concerned with the fact I can't even look at the Ivo of Belhaven tree, let alone purchase nodes in it. It's locked in my account, telling me I have to be at least level 10 even though I'm something like level 319.

Can anyone, please, explain, why is the Ivo of Belhaven reward tree locked in the reward book? And what does mean: "Available at level 10"? I mean, at level 10 of what?

It was the same last year. Good seasonal mode, although it was plagued with Nilfs with Vilgefortz, Tibor and cards like that.
The year before that it was actually different (and more fun, I think) - with a bear in each player's melee row, tied to drawing cards (although it was later plagues by SK decks with Ragnarok),

It was fun for like 4h yesterday and now everybody is playing the same NG deck, boring as hell :D

Whatever happened to the original Bear seasonal mode? Sure, the current one is fine since it keeps games short, but the original had actually something unique to it.

Whatever happened to the original Bear seasonal mode?
Couldn't find any direct reason given. Slama did strongly imply, in a dev stream from March 2020, that players had not liked the original version of the Bear seasonal and that's why they changed it last year. But as far as I know no RED has directly commented on it so we have no actual information.

I have the same problem as you , anyone care to explain what is this ???
I managed to find this post from CDPR:

So it looks like a bug (apparently affecting only someone) after all. Let's hope it will be solved quickly.

The other thing to mention though is, that is quite sad to see, how CDPR still (don't) communicate with the communitiy just the next day after Burza and Slama literally apologized for the bad communication and admitted it had been a mistake. And the outcome? No reaction on FB, no reaction here. Have anyone from the developer's team ever heard of PR?

oh thanks.
I thought last year is a mode that give you a 5 point bear with deathwish opponent draw a card (I read from gwent.one).

after read above replies, it seems that the bear 5 points one is no longer available due to bug.

I managed to find this post from CDPR:

So it looks like a bug (apparently affecting only someone) after all. Let's hope it will be solved quickly.

The other thing to mention though is, that is quite sad to see, how CDPR still (don't) communicate with the communitiy just the next day after Burza and Slama literally apologized for the bad communication and admitted it had been a mistake. And the outcome? No reaction on FB, no reaction here. Have anyone from the developer's team ever heard of PR?

Thank you for your reply , i look every where for any info on this , you are right tho they need to be more communicative with us

Have devs ever though about allowing friends to play seasonal type games? That would be a nice addition. Seasonal games are often much simpler, if you want introduce someone to the game just for fun so he wont get overwhelmed by and need to learn 100x cards and multiple of mechanincs.

I usually spend most of my time in Gwent playing the current Seasonal Mode but not this month. This Banish thing is just a really bad idea. I've personally disliked a few of the other Seasonals, but this is the first one that I think needs to be replaced with something else. There's no potential for any deckbuilding strategy; just fill your deck with as many broken cards as you can, and hope that you happen to draw more of them in your initial ten cards than your opponent does. To make things even worse, Nilfgaard is already inherently better than the other five factions when it comes to practically every other Seasonal Mode (mostly due to Assimilate), but it's literally the only option for this one because of cards like Tibor and Vilgefortz.

Two days since release, and it is time to switch this seasonal mode to something else.

Why?

Because everybody's playing NG already.

Yes, yes, you figured that certain combinations work, but is it fun to play it over and over again?

Last edited:
Top Bottom