Season of the Bear is coming!

+
Season of the Bear is coming!

As February draws to a close, so too does the Mahakam Season. This means, a new one is at hand! It is time for Vildkaarls to battle it out for glory — the Season of the Bear begins today!

Let’s briefly talk about the spoils of war for this season. As promised, we’ve decided to adjust the rewards system. Achieving ranks 10, 15 and 20 will continue to get you borders and titles. As for avatars, it’s one per season from this point on and you can obtain it by reaching rank 15.

Check the table below for more info:

As you can see, Vernon Roche is making a return! Obtaining him proved to be fairly difficult during the course of Season of the Wolf (January), so we’re bringing him back, as requested by the community.

We are also adjusting the MMR system. Below you can find the MMR per rank split for the Season of the Bear:

Last edited:
Very nice, I really like the changed stuff and also the things that remained as they were!
Only thing i would suggest is to put 2 avatars per season, maybe 1 old avatar for rank 15(like you are doing with vernon right now) and 1 new avatar for top 10k people for example, this way if you didn't get the old one before you can still get it, and players who already own it can battle for the new one!

Great, really like all this! But maybe give us more options to unlock avatars? That way we can unlock multiple ones at any time, instead of only one per season. Maybe through (daily) quests, like winning x Games for x faction gets you x avatar. But again the rewards system has been improved alot and I am really happy about that.

pthieu1986;n10571592 said:
Am I mistaken? That avatar was already awarded for attaining rank 20 in January Season?

So what? Let's not have it never ever again?

I say GOOD that they give us more easily achieved Avatars of main characters. Maybe they'll add different art for them for the higher Ranks. And that is the way it is supposed to be.

Assuming everything else stays the same and Season actually lasts a month as opposed to like 18 days, this move of Rank 21 to 4300 is OK by me.

Lets all earn us some bear head frames folks!

pthieu1986;n10571592 said:
Am I mistaken? That avatar was already awarded for attaining rank 20 in January Season?

Dominika;n10565002 said:
[...]As you can see, Vernon Roche is making a return! Obtaining him proved to be fairly difficult during the course of Season of the Wolf (January), so we’re bringing him back, as requested by the community.[...]

I started with 1/2 of my MMR from the previous season. Is that intended? If I recall it correctly one started with 1/3 since the transition to 1 month long seasons.

partci;n10571672 said:
So what? Let's not have it never ever again?

I say GOOD that they give us more easily achieved Avatars of main characters. Maybe they'll add different art for them for the higher Ranks. And that is the way it is supposed to be.

I'm not against opportunities for people achieving avatars but for those who already had it, they got nothing. Not quite fair, is it?

What? No?! How?!!!

I don't want to sound negative, but no balance changes = another month of playing against Brouver netdecks.

Secondly, now everyone gets the same avatar that some of us worked hard to get in January. I understand and I agree that things like that should be available to wider audience, but why reintroduce the same avatar so soon? There were avatars and border last year that were also hard to get.

Finally, rank 21 is even harder to achieve. While this is probably a healthy change considering we now have a full month... but it's a full month of playing against Brouver!

Great, Gwent should always reward the bulk of the players and not only those able to spend 8 hours a day on the game.

Esmer;n10571862 said:
... Finally, rank 21 is even harder to achieve. While this is probably a healthy change...

I absolutely disagree. This mindless grind is anything but healthy.

Would prefer that there were more avatar-related rewards. The top players 1-10000 should get something extra for the amount of time that they spent playing the game.

I liked the way they are cycling the avatars, however, I feel that they should've start given the ones before, eg the alternative iorveth, yen and triss ones I dont really care either way personally as I already have the ones I wanted.

For those saying about the rank 21 MMR requirement, it is a tricky one as they need time to adjust it so that roughly the same number of people leave and enter pro-ladder every pro ladder season.

pthieu1986;n10571822 said:
I'm not against opportunities for people achieving avatars but for those who already had it, they got nothing. Not quite fair, is it?

You're right. The ones who fought hardly during the "difficult" season 4 to reach rank 20, will get no portrait this season...Not really motivating... I don't really see CDPR point here. This is just a portrait, of course, so it's not a big deal. But this is still disappointing.

I think the avatar decision is a good one. The borders and titles are enough for status or bragging rights. Having avatars more easily attained will prevent people from all having the same emotes and allow people the opportunity to simply play the character they like...not just the one that proves their status.

Top Bottom