Season of the Bear is ending!

+
Season of the Bear is ending!

Season of the Bear is ending soon – it will conclude on Thursday, March 29th at 10 AM CEST! But before you board your drakkars and sally forth in the final battle, let’s take another look at the rewards you’re fighting for:

Shortly after, the season end rewards will be distributed and the new season will follow – are you ready, dh’oine?

pthieu1986;n10707671 said:
Hm.. I have seen very few bears this season; slave drivers, viper witcher & elves most of the time.

Yep.. that seem to be the meta right now. I hope they change it a little bit after the next patch.

Yup, hope for some nerfs, most cards are too strong, it;s easier to nerf them then powerup 90% of other cards, like half of golds non usable, and many bronzes as well.

BOUNDINTHESTARS;n10708021 said:
I'll be getting the Vernon Roche avatar and I'm so happy because I missed out the last time. Temeria! :)

Well, this is quite strange. I don't know why I tried like mad to get this Vernon Roche avatar couple seasons ago (Rank 20) and now almost everyone will get him for "free". I don't consider myself "elitist" or whatever and honestly I'm not against spreading rewards between more and more players but at least CDPR should make "former" Vernon Roche avatar special/different. Otherwise it's quite unfair.

Kingoko;n10707871 said:
Yup, hope for some nerfs, most cards are too strong, it;s easier to nerf them then powerup 90% of other cards, like half of golds non usable, and many bronzes as well.

Sure. If there isn't still a balanced patch, I'll take a break from Gwent RNG festival; the create mechanics put Gwent back to the ancient history of Closed beta.

Create is actually not that bad cause in ranked and pro ladder meta no1 use create so there is no problem here. As for arena create is part of fun and i like it

Kingoko;n10708631 said:
Create is actually not that bad cause in ranked and pro ladder meta no1 use create so there is no problem here. As for arena create is part of fun and i like it

I am in top 1k atm, and create is everywhere: elf scout, slave driver, rune stones. I just want to rage quit when I play weather and the opponent keep drawing mage, abaya from runestones and the removal weather guy (dont remember the name) of ST; the alchemy Calveit deck always has slave driver, runestone or black blood; the ST swam deck never exclude elven scouts; Eithne usually put runestone in deck and the special card that create unit from your faction

pthieu1986;n10708681 said:
I am in top 1k atm, and create is everywhere: elf scout, slave driver, rune stones. I just want to rage quit when I play weather and the opponent keep drawing mage, abaya from runestones and the removal weather guy (dont remember the name) of ST; the alchemy Calveit deck always has slave driver, runestone or black blood; the ST swam deck never exclude elven scouts; Eithne usually put runestone in deck and the special card that create unit from your faction

Runestones are in almost all the decks to give Vesemir another target except Mandrake.

Elven scouts and slave drivers provide another body for the ale and Vrihedd officers/dragoons.

That said, I don't think that create is the problem. The problem is its tutors have a good synergy with current archetypes.

I even played against Foltest swarm (at around 4100 MMR) who had Black Blood to increase the chances of getting Hubert.

pthieu1986;n10708241 said:
Sure. If there isn't still a balanced patch, I'll take a break from Gwent RNG festival; the create mechanics put Gwent back to the ancient history of Closed beta.

Hey, create is not luck, it's skill. You put this awkwardly flexible card in your deck, then you say a little prayer, and when you get what you prayed for, you have just outskilled your opponent. It makes the game so much more skill based. Just like reveal for example. Who would've thought that partially RNG based mechanic that actually lets you see the hand of your opponent was a bad idea?

But yeah, updates come maybe every 3 - 6 months with smaller ones once between them if we're lucky. We still have all sorts of problems with just trying to get into a match. We have bugs and problems with mechanics.
Bronze cards with stats of overpowered silvers get released. Gold cards with questionable designs get released. While someone has to come up with all these cards, someone else should probably take the responsibility of what actually gets released, even in beta, since the updates are rare. We are just stuck with these problem cards, combos and mechanics. A card that in practice is a free 25, now a free 22, is probably not very fun to play against. Or a card that in general literally wins the round if not dealt with right there, even if it's the first card played, is probably not very good design. If you need to play at least two cards in every deck just to counter one possible gold card, there might be a slight problem somewhere.

And that Thronebreaker Campaign announced 8 months ago...?

I think about taking a break again about every time I play.

Marigold;n10708131 said:
Well, this is quite strange. I don't know why I tried like mad to get this Vernon Roche avatar couple seasons ago (Rank 20) and now almost everyone will get him for "free". I don't consider myself "elitist" or whatever and honestly I'm not against spreading rewards between more and more players but at least CDPR should make "former" Vernon Roche avatar special/different. Otherwise it's quite unfair.

Feeling quite the same. Had to grid off my @#$% to have it! Next season I want Eredin free then grrr

Esmer;n10708791 said:
Runestones are in almost all the decks to give Vesemir another target except Mandrake.

Elven scouts and slave drivers provide another body for the ale and Vrihedd officers/dragoons.

That said, I don't think that create is the problem. The problem is its tutors have a good synergy with current archetypes.

I even played against Foltest swarm (at around 4100 MMR) who had Black Blood to increase the chances of getting Hubert.

ST don't run Vesemir, the ST & NG runestones are used coz they are OP and almost give you a good value; slave driver not only give one extra body but also reveal the opponent's deck and destroy their strategy; it's one of the most disgusting cards atm. Only players who play them think that they are fine xD.

Slave driven is broken i admit. But general create mechanic is very good for game. If you use create runstones you can get a good card but also worthless 10 point card max in some situation. A bit of rng is NEEDED. You want that a game become passians when you know exactly what will happen and in waht order. There will be situation that (for example) NG beat Skellige and Skellige beat Monsters but Monsters beat NG (most of the time). A bit of rng make that every deck now can beat every other deck (most of the time and with a bit of luck).

Ic3Purple;n10709021 said:
Feeling quite the same. Had to grid off my @#$% to have it! Next season I want Eredin free then grrr

IMO I don't feel Avatars and Borders should be that exclusive. I feel that Titles being difficult to obtain makes more sense, at the end of the day bragging rights comes down to MMR and leaderboards not the Avatar, Border, or Title. Also some seasons are easier to rise the ranks others aren't so I have no problem with the Avatar being given out at Rank 15. Just food for thought or fuel to your fire whichever you prefer.:listen:

Kegtron9000;n10709341 said:
IMO I don't feel Avatars and Borders should be that exclusive. I feel that Titles being difficult to obtain makes more sense, at the end of the day bragging rights comes down to MMR and leaderboards not the Avatar, Border, or Title. Also some seasons are easier to rise the ranks others aren't so I have no problem with the Avatar being given out at Rank 15. Just food for thought or fuel to your fire whichever you prefer.:listen:

Well then I feel like people who struggled to get Roche earlier should at least get an unique title or something. It just feels like I wasted a whole lot of time in a really bad season for nothing now.

Slizzl;n10709661 said:
Well then I feel like people who struggled to get Roche earlier should at least get an unique title or something. It just feels like I wasted a whole lot of time in a really bad season for nothing now.

I hear you and I agree that if the avatars that were previously attainable by more difficult means, it waters down the value to those who achieved it the first go around. They should award players with titles for achieving certain ranks. However, I don't think this will be the last Avatar that is re-released in the ranked play reward structure (Eredin, Imlerith, etc.) I like it but could understand why other would prefer it didn't happen. Either way you can't make everyone happy, but at least CDPR is trying to improve the player experience and is listening to the community.

Are the seasons getting shorter? Well, this season is barely a month and the past season was barely 20 days. So far, only 400 people got to rank 21 and not even 1000 are at 4200 mmr. Is this what CDPR wants to sort players in the leaderboard? Moreover, I wish the devs would introduce 3 NEW avatars each season to unlock like it was past seasons or just one NEW. It really makes all my effort to rank up past seasons to unlock some exclusive avatars pointless.

Actually CDPR could do that way to satisfy every1. If you had Roche avatar earlier then you get let's say extra 100 powder or whatever. That way it will be good for the future. New players comin to gwent getting new to them avatars and those who already won them get something too (not exclusive, just some powder or scraps). What you think about it? Also that could be extended to future doubled avatars from factions battles.

Top Bottom