Season of the Bear is live – with new features!

+

Season of the Bear is here, together with some exciting changes to the ranked and casual play!

From now on, all players who reach level 10 will be able to access two new Seasonal Trees in the Reward Book. One of them will allow you to unlock a unique seasonal border, while the other – a seasonal avatar and a cardback. In each of these trees you will be also able to unlock one premium card from the starting set, quests for the new seasonal game mode, as well as regular rewards such as Kegs, Ore or Meteorite Powder.

Seasonal game modes will be also available for players who reach level 10. In the Season of the Bear, that mode will feature the Unrelenting She-Bear with 5 Power and the following abilities:
  • Both players begin the game with Unrelenting She-Bear on their side.
  • On turn start, if either player does not control Unrelenting She-Bear and has not passed, Spawn and Summon it to their Melee row.
  • At the end of each turn deal 2 damage to the opponent's Unrelenting She-Bear.
  • Deathwish: Your opponent draws a card.
  • Doomed.

Seasonal game modes have now a separate tile in the Play menu, placed next to the Classic tile which you can now use for both casual and ranked games (in order to play ranked games you need to have the “Ranked progression” enabled; matchmaking for these two modes is still separate).

We’ve also reduced the number of games you need to complete to unlock 100% of faction’s MMR to 25, down from 40. Here’s the updated table with the explanation of the system:

Here are the updated rules for rank resets between seasons:
  • Players with ranks 26-30 will start the new season with the same rank.
  • Players with ranks 21-25 will start the new season with Rank 25.
  • Players with ranks 1-20 will drop 4 ranks when a new season starts.
  • Pro Rank players will start the new season with Rank 5, with exception of Top 500 Pro Rank players who will remain in Pro Rank.

Season of the Bear will last until Thursday, March 28th, 10 AM CET.

What the bloody hell is this nonsense?

NG will now be EVERY SINGLE DECK YOU EVER FACE because discard is now stupidly OP thanks to this utterly pathetic bear. Anybody not playing NR boost or NG will simply die.

This now takes the medal for most uninstalled game ever.

rrc

Forum veteran

NG will now be EVERY SINGLE DECK YOU EVER FACE because discard is now stupidly OP thanks to this utterly pathetic bear. Anybody not playing NR boost or NG will simply die.

On what logical reasoning are you saying that NG will be the deck you face? And talking about Discard? If you hate the Bear, you can always play the Ranked or (normal) Casual mode, right?

So, Haymays Dreams was altered, guess Hubert was as well, like some other cards -bad losers- whine about on the forums, but cards that boost your winrate with a 100% and every deck carries them to the point it's not even boring anymore, but really annoying, cards like unicorns, gerwin and do 4 damage/9 provisions golem, whatever he is, were untouched. This is really bad.

Overreact much? Don't play seasonal if it doesn't interest you?

On what logical reasoning are you saying that NG will be the deck you face? And talking about Discard? If you hate the Bear, you can always play the Ranked or (normal) Casual mode, right?

Sorry, I do stand corrected. It's Lippy/SK every time. What a waste of energy.

And didn't realise you could just play standard, but still looks like a complete waste of time when the core game's still so broken.

@Anyone that says: if you don't like the seasonal mode, don't play it.
And what if you don't like the seasonal mode, but you want to complete/progress in the seasonal tree, huh?

Forcing you to play a specific mode in order to progress in the seasonal tree is such a .... nice move on CDPR's part.

Looking forward to the expansion adding some diversity to deck building. Having witchers and unicorn/chironex in almost every deck makes the game a bit less interesting IMHO. I'm hoping for faction specific variations of these cards. Cards that offer similar high tempo/value, but that are tuned for that faction's strengths and abilities, as well as their lore/theme. Each faction currently has a bronze "tutor" pair(ie Mahakam Volunteers, Blue Stripes Commando), which is pretty neat. Maybe we could get more powerful pairs(or a gold trio), for each faction that will offer an alternative to witchers.

In any case, this is a nice patch. March is looking promising!

@Anyone that says: if you don't like the seasonal mode, don't play it.
And what if you don't like the seasonal mode, but you want to complete/progress in the seasonal tree, huh?

Forcing you to play a specific mode in order to progress in the seasonal tree is such a .... nice move on CDPR's part.

Yep
The seasonal mode is a bit boring... it feels like a grind to me.. to get those quest done.. And it takes so loooooong to finish a game
Boring stuff Cdpr, im dissapointed

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
So I have some issues on PS4 since new patch:

- Changed botchling to lubberkin in a game and lubberkin stopped working (not boosting units)
- When I used to go on my hero it used to be highlighted, now not anymore
- Sometimes I cannot send audio chat dialogues
- Some characters like Aguara point to the wrong cards when you deploy them which is confusing

So I have some issues on PS4 since new patch:

- Changed botchling to lubberkin in a game and lubberkin stopped working (not boosting units)

I have PS4 as well and today I locked opponent’s botchling with shackles and they transfotmed it into a working 5 strength lubberkin anyway. Despite the lock!

No point playing seasonal unless u got Lippy. Please ban lippy, new player don't stand a chance in this mode without him, and they wont be able to create one at 3200 scrap.

Another April Joke.....

What happend to the game? This BearPoo is boring as hell. Patched to death....

But nevermind, just go ahead with this awful work. Arena Cash Grab + BearPoo Skellig Season....unbelievable

i'm out

Top Bottom