Season of the Cat has started

+

nehu

Forum regular
read more carefully

"means nothing, if u got trash cards in 2nd and 3rd"

its quite dependent on draw, if u have just 3 cards (maybe shorten own deck can be successful strategy)

i won with 100 provision deck on first atempt, it was just about luck

something almost impossible in serious game without such randomness

i lost first round like 30p vs 120p and won 2nd and 3rd round

Last edited:

ya1

Forum regular
I just wish they brought back speed Gwent (with the change that animations don't take up the time). That was the only seasonal mode worth playing. You could play a quick game on a cig break or between classes if you're a student, etc. This one is just unnecessary weirdness gone wild from the lack of better ideas.

Just my opinion.

I just wish they brought back speed Gwent (with the change that animations don't take up the time). That was the only seasonal mode worth playing. You could play a quick game on a cig break or between classes if you're a student, etc. This one is just unnecessary weirdness gone wild from the lack of better ideas.

Just my opinion.
It should really become a permanent mode with decoupled animations on everything.
I am afraid it does not get added because they do not want people to have alternatives to ranked and would rather force them into it, than giving people what they would rather want to play.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I made a deck for the seasonal mode, a deck that has literally nothing but the most garbage 4P Bronzes I could put in Nilfgaard. Played a game, somehow managed to win 2-0, and got the Common Denominator achievement (win an online game without Golds in your deck).

10/10 will play that deck (called Troll and of course including two Dimeritium Bombs) again.

(The switching hands animation is absolutely horrendous.)

Gascon's "Read them and weep" taunt is perfect for the first switching hands.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I made a deck for the seasonal mode, a deck that has literally nothing but the most garbage 4P Bronzes I could put in Nilfgaard. Played a game, somehow managed to win 2-0, and got the Common Denominator achievement (win an online game without Golds in your deck).

10/10 will play that deck (called Troll and of course including two Dimeritium Bombs) again.

(The switching hands animation is absolutely horrendous.)
I did the same earlier.
If anyone wants to grab that ludicrous achievement for free the time is now.

The only Seasonal event I liked was the one where cards had same power as their provision cost. Any other seasonal events devs showed to us I hated and didn't play. I'm hating this current one too.

Last edited:
I did the same earlier.
If anyone wants to grab that ludicrous achievement for free the time is now.
I read you both saying this and try to win a match without golds and didnt trigered any contract.

So i thought i could make this contract already, but than i read all the contracts i have complete and all uncomplete and didnt see this contract.

So I have to do a real dificult match and didnt win the contract and i cant see it

EDIT: nvm, i just read in other sites and realyze its an achivement, not a contract.

Since i play in cell phone, i dont trigger achievement.

Sad, because i feel some dificult to win, and nothing

I've been playing SY for the seasonal mode. I have been quite successful because the opponent usually bricks a lot my cards because they do not have the coin lol or straight up don't know how to play SY.

nehu

Forum regular
I've been playing SY for the seasonal mode. I have been quite successful because the opponent usually bricks a lot my cards because they do not have the coin lol or straight up don't know how to play SY.

using for opponent useless cards is basic piece of strategy

next one is to have some BOOM cards and leader ability for 2nd and 3rd round, as last rounds should be only about 3 cards each

last one is, dont let your own deck beat you :D

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
From someone who considers himself a seasonal modes expert, i have to say this is one of my least favorites, bottom 3 out of the 12. I wont spend much time on it for sure.

Yes, its possible to win even with crap decks, but mostly if you're playing against players not using seasonal-specific decks, otherwise its incredibly hard, or requires quite the luck. I did face one using a 100prov deck, it was the only one i beat, since i was using a MO deathwish deck and had my OH charges to trigger and he didnt.

But that was hardly a seasonal mode optimized deck. Those are kinda disgusting and opt for one of 2 ways:

-spend a ridiculous amount of provisions on your opening play, then just have trash on hand (i had a guy who played 40-50 provisions on his 1st play, then just had trash 4p cards)

-focus on carryover and cards that summon from deck, since those arent as disruptable by the opponent. Or cards that only work with your leader ability, but none of your cards must be essential or you risk your opponent playing it and canceling it.

Final note: since the worst cards are usually left for the end, big finishers dont work here, neither does tall removal left for the end or your opponent will play it, even if bricked (i.e. a Geralt) just to deny you the kill.

Final note: since the worst cards are usually left for the end, big finishers dont work here, neither does tall removal left for the end or your opponent will play it, even if bricked (i.e. a Geralt) just to deny you the kill.

That's the strategy, to use their cards, even if it bricks, so they can't use it against you, once I got rid of their tall removals, I started boosting my Sea Jackal lol. Also building a deck (not just full of junk) that they can't benefit from but you can no matter what most of the time (like my SY example above). Meme decks work too.

I started playing during the Season of Magic (that seasonal wasn't so bad actually...) and honestly all seasonals so far I know are a very annoying experience. But this one is actually quite interesting (at least when you first get into it a few times), in addition to being a very annoying experience to me, I won't be playing it much... Especially now that I got those 6 rounds won that I needed to advance in the seasonal reward tree.
Also you should change the description. It should say "Players change hands after EVERY 2 turns", not just "after 2 turns" since that would imply it happens only once while in fact it keeps repeating until the end.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the contract 'Win 100 standard matches during the saison of the cat' broken? Despite winning I am stuck at 89 matches and get no progress:(

M3e0w

Forum regular
Is it just me or is the contract 'Win 100 standard matches during the saison of the cat' broken? Despite winning I am stuck at 89 matches and get no progress:(

Only ranked games are counted. Casual games are casual, not standart :p.

nehu

Forum regular
i just experienced really weird match in switcheroo

3rd round, i was in lead like 39:19, opponent had just last card, i allready autopassed

but he had isbel of hagge with her order ready

he used it, gwent went mad and he had 3 more cards to play alone... (i still won it, but it was close)

1 his own and 2 more from hagges ability

that whole thing that last man standing plays rest of the cards is just ill

I need to make 10 posts in order to report a bug... Well done.

Whenever I poison an enemy, the card that I poisoned is highlighted as if the enemy is hovoring over it. Can you please fix it? This leads me to believe 95% of the people I'm playing against are bots.... They're not bots are they?

Top Bottom