Season of the Cat has started

+
What are the rewards of the Normal Mode ? ( I mean for the classification progress ).
I came back to the game after 2 years and a lot has changed. Thank you very much!

What are the rewards of the Normal Mode ? ( I mean for the classification progress ).
I came back to the game after 2 years and a lot has changed. Thank you very much!

Rank 30-26 = 5 Reward Points, R 25-15 = 7 RP, R 14-8 = 10 RP, R 7-1 = 15 RP, R 0 (PRO) = 25 RP
You also get titles for reaching Pro Rank during a Season and being placed in the top 500/200 on Pro Rank at the End of the Season.

I'm actually really enjoying this seasonal mode, and have played it a lot this month. I enjoy the challenge of both essentially having the same hands, and the ways you can affect what your opponent is able to play by playing those cards first. Also, because passing isn't really a thing, there's less depth to the strategy, which this month frankly I have enjoyed - it's nice to have a game that's more casual and less taxing, in these stressful times.

I also really enjoy the process of being confronted with your opponent's entire hand in turn 2, and figuring out what kind of a deck they are, what their strategy is, and how to counter it, and how it could counter your strategy - or indeed whether to play their strategy better than they can. Maybe it's because I've always really enjoyed Assimilate as an archetype that I get on so well with it. I completely agree with @DRK3 above about the main tactics to keep in mind in your deck building, that carryover means a lot (as round 2 & 3 will be 3 cards each only), that cards that can pull other cards out of your deck (and not your opponents') are great, and that big opening plays are important.

That said, maybe I'm enjoying this mode partly because I appear to be good at it - my win rate is probably around 80%, mostly 2-0 (though they're easy to achieve if you manage to win R1 with your leader intact).

I've played lots of variations on an assimilate deck with double cross, that's mostly been a Shupe singleton thing too. And then whatever nonsense to finish contracts, like beasts and vitality. Having a deck that's mostly trash is not necessarily a disadvantage in this mode :)

I wanna say that since the Season of Magic (When I started playing this game so I can't really comment on balance then since I was still learning the game) up until now I find this current state of the game, and state of balance to be the most enjoyable yet! :D The least amount of broken shit and most fun since I started playing.

I wanna say that since the Season of Magic (When I started playing this game so I can't really comment on balance then since I was still learning the game) up until now I find this current state of the game, and state of balance to be the most enjoyable yet! :D The least amount of broken shit and most fun since I started playing.
I hope you're joking... the game feels like paper rock scissors for me more than ever before

I wanna add that I have deep hatred for whoever decided to add the "Win 10 Seasonal matches" challenge to the reward tree. :] :disapprove:

I wanna add that I have deep hatred for whoever decided to add the "Win 10 Seasonal matches" challenge to the reward tree. :] :disapprove:
Oh and if that wasn't enough... there is a "win 20 rounds in Seasonal mode" challenge (borange) in Ciri's reward tree :/ I really wanted to go for the Cat School cardback but now I think I'll pass on it. ;(

Top Bottom