Season of the Cat is here!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Yield and save me some time! A new season has begun! In this month’s seasonal mode you and your opponent will swap hands every 2 turns!

To prepare for iOS launch, which will happen on October 29th, Season of the Cat will last until Monday, October 28th, 10am CEST.

ah...a partial mimic mode. this should make for some terribly funny and terrible games.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Its really crazy, im just glad in most matches my opponents seem even more confused than me.

I think the key is leader selection - choose cards that really only work with your leader. Or tutor things from your deck that will brick for your opponent.

Yeah, its a fun game mode. Had 5 games so far, won 4 of them. Those 5 games all ended 2:0 bcs nobody wants to pass bcs then you give your opponent a chance to play out all your good cards and still have even cards, so nobody wants to pass. R1 ends mostly with 1 or 0 cards in hand.

You cant really play deck which require combos bcs its nearly impossible to pull them off.

One guy had a 30 card deck from which most them were 4p useless specials like clear skies :D Its valid strategy, make your deck as crap as possible and hope it will brick your opponent. I won that game, but still, was fun :D

New seasonal feature is silly =))) I think I will play it only for the sake of getting seasonal achievements.

The first swap made me sit up in alarm! WTF?! I blinked a couple of times. 200% attention paid in the game suddenly! Luckily, I survived that one. Possibly the last one ever. Dunno, maybe I'll play more when I am in a 'what the hey' mood.

Still, good one CDPR. You guys got me into playing in a faction other than the one I always play, finally. :ok:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im enjoying this Seasonal mode more than i anticipated. My favourite is still Season of the Draconid (and im still hoping for a permanent Blitz mode) but i like this one.

My favourite aspect - you dont need necessarily to build specific decks for this mode. Yes, there are a few tricks that can help, and there's definitely already a meta faction for this mode, but the truth is you can use any deck and if you play well you can win. Sometimes even a bad hand is enough, because your opponent will suffer with it too.

My new advice for this mode: round 1 tends to be full, 10 turns, so R2 and R3 are usually only 3 cards/turns.
If you choose a leader ability with just 1 powerful charge, you have much better chances to win these small rounds, but on the other hand, leaders like Crach or Meve are helpful on long R1s.

I haven’t seen anything worse than these seasonal games. He chose to win 10 seasonal matches and Gwint nearly threw. No startegia, you play as the card lies down and don’t think about anything.
What is the following? We don’t need a deck; will we just throw cards on the table?

I haven’t seen anything worse than these seasonal games. He chose to win 10 seasonal matches and Gwint nearly threw. No startegia, you play as the card lies down and don’t think about anything.
What is the following? We don’t need a deck; will we just throw cards on the table?

Why so serious?
This is a game. Games actually need to be spontaneous. Spontaneous and thinking on your feet makes things more fun. Don't be so glum. Let go of your plans for one season, can't ya?

...there must be a song somewhere like this...

FN ATROCIOUS.

This mode is a broken and infuriating INSULT, combined with a sound slap on the face. What makes it even worse is that if you want to unlock stuff from the season trees... you have to play and grind through it. Insufferable.

I feel like one thing that really needs to be said about this mode is that it's Again another mode where Nilfgaard gets a massive advantage because of the various abilities their cards provide, especially assimilate.
This seems like a problem. It feels like every second seasonal mode Nilfgaard become easy mode and not playing nilfgaard becomes hard mode. Especially since the many ways they can manipulate their decks turn from powerful to laughably so in this mode. I don't mean to complain but it has been two weeks and no one has mentioned this.

Edit: Just this lady with 2 assimilate can carry the entire game if you don't have counter for her and with a basic 4 power and armour on top of that it better be a hard counter since damage just won't do it. Add on top of that the card create strings that nilfgaard can pull of and that the other faction can't when they get the special cards and nifgaard players can just spam assimilators and power them up on turn after turn.
Add onto that their copy abilities which can enable them not only to play the enemy's cards against them but in fact to at times play them them more powerfully and, oh yes, activate the assimilate ability as well.
And if you're feeling nasty you can finish that off with the Usurper ability which brutally shuts down one of the strongest way for the other factions to counter Nilfgaard.
All in all, sorry but it's another case of choking on NG until the White Sun shines out of your teary eyes.
Unfortunatelly that pretty much puts a stop to any creative use of this mode as this was often the case in week one and it's now week two and everyone but me seems to be playing Nilfgaard decks. And I just played six straight matches of NG after and NG and i'm done with creativity and off to flood a deck with as many assimilates as i can.

Last edited:
Game mode is fun for a few rounds. It's a shame you have to grind it though to take advantage of the season trees. I've decided to save my reward points even though i like the border this month.

This game mode is fun. I finished my 100 wins with Woodland ability, then with Gernicora"s ability and now I'm on the way to finish my 100 wins with Morvran's ability. And with a Mystic Echo 13 unit deck I have a decent winrate too. But I did not play a single Ranked match. Maybe in the next two weeks.

Game mode is fun for a few rounds. It's a shame you have to grind it though to take advantage of the season trees. I've decided to save my reward points even though i like the border this month.
Although i take issue with the nilgaard flood, i don't think the trees are that hard. Keep in mind you have an entire month to get the tasks done. You might as well go for the border if you like it and have the (inexplicably) key points for them.

Although i take issue with the nilgaard flood, i don't think the trees are that hard. Keep in mind you have an entire month to get the tasks done. You might as well go for the border if you like it and have the (inexplicably) key points for them.
I know they take probably a week for me. I can't dedicate hours to gwent anymore and sometimes I just want to play arena, casual or ranked which means I skip seasonal.I think my points are better spent in leader trees. My suggestion would be that you can spend reward points and unlock all the tasks at once.

Top Bottom