Season of the Draconid is here!

+
of course ppl are forfeing.

i have already made a topic "this season is not playable in cellphone".

And its not, so ppl only will do the quests of the reward book and drop the game.

And, like i said in that topic, i know i have to look for a diferente deck, without tutors and bla bla bla.

But the thing is, we cant play in mobile, just that.

So why i will spend my time doing a deck withou tutors, withou this, without that and i will face against someone playing in PC and using a good deck. I will always lose.

Its the second day and already have a lot of ppl blaming about that, you will see in a few weeks almost all the mobile player will not play in seasonal.

of course ppl are forfeing.

i have already made a topic "this season is not playable in cellphone".
[...]
Agreed if that is the case, the timer and animations are just on the edge of still being alright on mobile, if mobile is clunkier in that regard then it is a problem that needs to be adressed.

Enjoy, hf!
At this point I still cannot tell if I just got lucky or you just got awful luck in your matchups.

At this point I still cannot tell if I just got lucky or you just got awful luck in your matchups.
Lucky or not, I enjoy this mode as much as a poke in the eye.. it's a dreadful experience all together, takes longer to watch intro and animations in general than to play. Sound adds another level of unwarranted stress, this mode is just an unpolished gaming experience, anyone in the dev team testing this game for more than 30 minutes would have noticed these issues.

This mode holds 0 appeal to me. The Gwent interface is awkward enough under normal circumstances. But mainly I object to games that become a matter of how fast you can click. The primary reason I gravitate to CCG’s and other turn based games is to avoid the mindless clickfest that has infected the gaming world. Adjusting deck to accommodate higher speed is the least strategic mechanic imaginable.

This mode holds 0 appeal to me. The Gwent interface is awkward enough under normal circumstances. But mainly I object to games that become a matter of how fast you can click. The primary reason I gravitate to CCG’s and other turn based games is to avoid the mindless clickfest that has infected the gaming world. Adjusting deck to accommodate higher speed is the least strategic mechanic imaginable.
Maybe not to you, however there is a good portion of people tired of opponents roping and taking too long for obvious decisions.

I faced one such opponent in over 20 games (who dropped 1 card and then forfeited).

I've played against several people doing that. I assume they're just trying to finish "play X seasonal matches" quests.

Fastest crowns I've earned in ages... :p

I faced someone who just played out their entire hand R1 (I passed after playing two cards iirc), and then lost the next two rounds due to insane card disadvantage. I'm guessing it was someone doing a "play X units" quest (only units were played), especially since there is such a quest in the Myrgtabrakke tree.

Also there was one person who played one card and then forfeited, so it definitely seems to be a fairly common thing and I agree with the above post that it's probably just people doing seasonal matches quickly.

I really enjoyed this mode last year and enjoy it now too. If I lose, I don't feel like I wasted my time for nothing. I get 1-2 crowns in 5 min. and can play the next match. I understand the player who play mobile, I thought already in July, that it will be not that easy. But I can't understand the PC-players: everybody must play with the same conditions. 8 sec is also 8 sec for your opponent. In every Seasonal Mode we must adapt. Skellige mght be still OP, but don't play Vabjorn in to Blood Eagle in to Hemdall in Seasonal , because he targets maybe the wrong row then. (it was only 1 example... There are many strategies, that don't work in this mode)

I faced someone who just played out their entire hand R1 (I passed after playing two cards iirc), and then lost the next two rounds due to insane card disadvantage. I'm guessing it was someone doing a "play X units" quest (only units were played), especially since there is such a quest in the Myrgtabrakke tree.

Also there was one person who played one card and then forfeited, so it definitely seems to be a fairly common thing and I agree with the above post that it's probably just people doing seasonal matches quickly.
I had 2 such opponents with Agents.
This is not surprising though.
If you wanted to get "Play X cards with the Y keyword" done as quickly as possible, which mode would you pick, the mode with needlessly roping opponents or the mode where the game will be done fast ?

How do you disable animations? The game optimization is just garbage for this mode, if you click on a unit to damage or heal and it has more than 1 charge, the second charge just doesn't do anything, it's not like there is an animation in progress, it just isn't responsive, this mode is borderline bugged.
Offtopic, I can't believe that after so many years in closed and open beta, and another year and a half since launch, this game still has a shit ton of easily visible bugs, kinda makes you think what their QA is doing?

How do you disable animations? The game optimization is just garbage for this mode, if you click on a unit to damage or heal and it has more than 1 charge, the second charge just doesn't do anything, it's not like there is an animation in progress, it just isn't responsive, this mode is borderline bugged.

You cannot disable animations. Also, because you only have little time, you aren't suppose to use "complex" actions, like cards with an Order ability. You're barely able to use your leader. Like with any seasonal mode, you'll have to adjust your deck accordingly.

You cannot disable animations. Also, because you only have little time, you aren't suppose to use "complex" actions, like cards with an Order ability. You're barely able to use your leader. Like with any seasonal mode, you'll have to adjust your deck accordingly.
I am fast enough to click 4 targets if needed with a unit that has order or an ability to damage/heal, once I have selected it and the arrow to damage/heal is visible, so the problem becomes the game's responsiveness. If after I click one unit, nothing more happens and the unit is stuck, that is called a bug. You don't expect players to "adapt" to bugs, you fix them.

If you play mobile, yes. If you play PC, it is the best Seasonal Mode ever :beer:

definitely a matte of opinion. lol

I play on PC and its probably my least favorite Seasonal to date. I understand the appeal, and I even like the concept. But I still lose to or 3 cards/moves a match because of the slow card animations/actions. I'm even playing a custom deck with no premium cards and no cards with "order".

The thing that really cranks me off though—and this has happened 3 times now—are the opponents who pull their network connection for a fwe seconds at the end of their turn and then reconnect. That move has cost me 3 matches so far as my timer expires while they are reconnecting and I lose the card play.

I don't know, how the matchmaking in Seasonal works, but I mostly play against Pro Rank players (for example Trynet, Pawloex, etc.). My highest Rank is R6... I never tried to reach higher ranks (Ranked Anxiety 😬). Does someone know anything about that?

Top Bottom