Season of the Draconid is here!

+

Guest 4368268

Also, i've noticed some people manage to do incredible chains, while on my end it appears their turn is already over and yet they take like 5-10 more seconds. This makes me believe the hardware and settings of each player's device plays a big role... and even though i play on PC, it's an incredibly outdated, sh*tty PC, so i simply cant play this mode like others with good hardware can.

How is it possible that some players can do 3 or 4 correct actions on their turn?
When I do two, no matter how fast I click, half the time the second action is random.

Sometimes I see the time is longly over for the opponent, animations running, and finally, correct actions happen. I d´ont understand.

lol, hear hear. It sounds like sour grapes to complain about such a thing, but that's also true in my experience. Often times I'm anticipating a discard as the timer has gone for a couple seconds but then they finish their turn just fine and I gain a couple of grey hairs.

...all I can say that is that for me, this is by far the least enjoyable Seasonal mode to date. A players hardware should not be the determining factor in a match, yet that is the case with this mode. I can pull off a play and maybe 1 action per turn. The opponents I run into can usually pull off 3 or 4. Where the hell is the fun in that?

I also notice that a lot of other players are having issues with this mode as I see more forfeits than ever before, almost 60% more.

I enjoy Draconid mode for the pacing it provides. The animations are damn slow, but if this were to remain in the game, I could consoom gwent more often.

I truly hope they decide to keep this in an "Arcade" mode or something.

I already know I'm gonna miss the seasonal mode terribly after it ends. Even with the issues that is has, with delay and lag, it's just so much more fun than normal matches.

I made a deck called Slam, with 22 cards that are either passive engines or Deploys that don't require targeting. The three other cards are Squirrel x2 and Invocation.
Doesn't get much quicker than that. :p

I already know I'm gonna miss the seasonal mode terribly after it ends. Even with the issues that is has, with delay and lag, it's just so much more fun than normal matches.

I made a deck called Slam, with 22 cards that are either passive engines or Deploys that don't require targeting. The three other cards are Squirrel x2 and Invocation.
Doesn't get much quicker than that. :p
I'm still on the fence. I think I would really like it if we had around 15 seconds instead of 8. Even better would be the ability to queue future cards and effects while the previous actions are still taking effect. The animation from one effect shouldn't prevent me from doing anything else with my turn.

There is bug or something on seasonal quests? On Saskia tree, play 20 seasonal match quest does not ticking after games. I've taken 20 seasonal match + win 40 seasonal rounds at the same time. I've finished 40 rounda but 20 seasonal matches are still shown as 0. Any ideas?

And why do I seem to always play against players who give me 11 of something for whupping my arse? 11 should mean they've been around a lot, right? Then there's the lovely Ethereal deck, all the problems above that no deck seems to fix. I've gone into lockdown so I'm not tempted to do more than draw one card and I just end up swearing (as loudly as I can under my breath ) at yet another "Wut?!?!?!?!?!" moment. I agree most people seem to have plenty of time; I have none. And at other times I click to end my turn because I have plenty of time. Etc.

Edit...hmmm. I have the mistake of premium cards aplenty. And I milled all the others cause who wants a ton of unusued scraps hanging around?

Sorry if anyone already asked this, does anybody know if there is going to be a challenge this season?

St
Sorry if anyone already asked this, does anybody know if there is going to be a challenge this season?

Probably refraining from killing everyone in sight after another idiotic excuse for a game. That currently is one hell of a challenge!

But, because you probably want a sensible answer: we have the Journey, so I strongly suspect not.

And (because I know the answers will be merged anyway): I select Brathens. He takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever to load (animations now off; makes no difference) and I select the card which takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (mmm, coulda cut and pasted a million times, couldn't I? Oh well....)eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever to select the wrong spot even though I had at least half my time left and was clicking like crazy in the spot I wanted the card to go.

For those above: this isn't a computer problem (spuds galore), it's a crap company problem.

DRK3

Forum veteran
After (probably) hundreds of times where the seasonal mode timer and animations screwed me over and didnt do what i intended, yesterday i lucked out big:

I was using doublecross, vs metadeck hidden cache. I knew i wouldnt have time to select properly what card to play, so i played my card from hand, activated leader ability, and between the 3 i selected oneiromancy... this is where the turn ended, and what happens next is random: it selected my braathens - my best card on deck, out of 8 cards - then selected informant, the best of the 3 options, and copied one of the opponents seductresses, and there were 2 bronzes on his side.

Its not that it was an amazing play that provided me many points, but the probability of that, the best case scenario happening were 1/(8x3x2)= around 2%! :cool:

Keep in mind that in addition the hardware you use also counts, you may have less time than normal.
If your timer is too complicated, you should try disabling the premium cards for example.
Not works... :(

Sometimes is more slow that other times. The game not respond to clicks of mouse in time. The game stay some seconds doing nothing, and the clock expires...

This night is imposible for me doing two actions in one turn. All people win me.

nehu

Forum regular
Best seasonal ever, by far. :cool:

The seasonal cardback is so cool that I think I'm gonna try to get it.

worst season ever, definitely

with such animation system its non sense

especially with not powerful hardware its painful

not only some cards are useless, but any missclick can lose whole game

+there is not any special rule, so many playersr are using decks as in ranked games which is boring and anti-sesasonal

Only six days left and then it's back to the old 15 minutes per match. :giveup:

I did get that cardback I'd been going for. The second time I've ever done any seasonal trees. The first one was Wolf, and only up to the Roach avatar node.

nehu

Forum regular

I did get that cardback I'd been going for. The second time I've ever done any seasonal trees. The first one was Wolf, and only up to the Roach avatar node.

i prefer bear one i guess, where only 10 cards were in game on each side, similar-fast as this one, but more fun, as it was great to use some cards there, which are usually not such great

+kinda unique card managmenent

This ffucking season is ending, for Gosh sake.

This seasonal was not limited by the cards, but by the hardware.

Thanks CDPR, you ruined this seasonal

I played an unranked, non-seasonal match yesterday evening to try and fine tune a Syndicate deck for next season. It was so very, very painfully slow... I suspect my playing time is going to drop significantly after having had so much fun this month with the quick games.

If I thought it would do any good, I'd suggest petitioning CDPR to make 15-20 second turns the new normal. I'm not looking forward to the return of slow games. :(

I played an unranked, non-seasonal match yesterday evening to try and fine tune a Syndicate deck for next season. It was so very, very painfully slow...
ikr I've been using Arena for Journey quests, and those matches take fooooreeeveeer.

Oh well, long matches being the norm will be easy enough to get used to again. But I will be looking forward to August 2021.

Top Bottom