Season of the Draconid is here!

+
While i like what this season has offered in terms of speed it greatly limits gameplay styles due to the time leader animations take to complete and due to input lag (especially on phones).
I enjoyed it but i had my fill, i hope next year they do something bout the leader animations, not gonna hold my breath though.

While i like what this season has offered in terms of speed it greatly limits gameplay styles due to the time leader animations take to complete and due to input lag (especially on phones).
I enjoyed it but i had my fill, i hope next year they do something bout the leader animations, not gonna hold my breath though.

Pardon my french, but its only limited by how big your balls are, or in mist cases, by how much self-inflicted pain you can endure yourself...

In this seasonal i've played charges stockpile, NG assimilate chains, Draug and other crazy things that are almost impossible in this game mode and almost always backfire, and fortunately im not the only lunatic, i've faced other crazies with similar decks that require tons of input. That's frustrating but also where the true fun resides, not playing Thrive and showing we can count: "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, hey look, i can count to 10, im so good at this game!"

I played an unranked, non-seasonal match yesterday evening to try and fine tune a Syndicate deck for next season. It was so very, very painfully slow... I suspect my playing time is going to drop significantly after having had so much fun this month with the quick games.

The last year this happens to me.

Pardon my french, but its only limited by how big your balls are, or in mist cases, by how much self-inflicted pain you can endure yourself...

In this seasonal i've played charges stockpile, NG assimilate chains, Draug and other crazy things that are almost impossible in this game mode and almost always backfire, and fortunately im not the only lunatic, i've faced other crazies with similar decks that require tons of input. That's frustrating but also where the true fun resides, not playing Thrive and showing we can count: "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, hey look, i can count to 10, im so good at this game!"

- I played a lot of different decks my self but i don't appreciate input lag or self-inflicted pain inducing setuations as it seems. :think:
Maybe it's because I'm not a veteran of this game, thus i'm not bored of the regular game mode yet as other players are, that's just an assumption though.

- With all that stated, i would appreciate a game mode like that becoming a standard secondary mode, something like 20 secs rounds would be the sweet spot for me, it would be a great time saver whilst allowing me to keep my sanity. :smart:

Cheers :beer:

Is there a command to somehow use all your charges with a single target?

I was playing a game against a NR veteran spawn deck that played Vissegerd with 12 charges as the second last card. Somehow he managed to spend all 12 on his final turn. My experience has been that I can manage 4-5 charges at best during a turn due to the animation lag.

Some of these players have to be cheating. I just faced a player who was able to play a card, activate his Uprising charges, and even though his turn ended with Lyrian Scytheman still on the stack, he was able to activate his Baron's Order ability, targeting the only unit on my side of the field that was significantly boosted.

Whenever my leader ability is still resolving, I'm unable to do anything else. It's even led to me discarding a card on numerous occasions. Unless something's changed, I suspect foul play from the above example.

Sorry, i just want to clarify something about what i said, which sounded very bitter and angsty.
Im totally ok with Thrive as a mechanic. Its arguably the simplest mechanic so its a great starting point to beginners, while they are learning the game.
But when im facing Prestige 6-10 players (and thanks to the new seasonal matchmaking algorhytm, that is always the case), and they are using pure Thrive decks, i just wish i could ask them 'why? why use something so basic? you probably dont even need the wins anymore, probably already have full seasonal quests, so why keep using the most simple deck?'
I know in this seasonal that might justify such choice, buti still think high level players should challenge themselves to do more.

Sorry, i just want to clarify something about what i said, which sounded very bitter and angsty.
Im totally ok with Thrive as a mechanic. Its arguably the simplest mechanic so its a great starting point to beginners, while they are learning the game.
But when im facing Prestige 6-10 players (and thanks to the new seasonal matchmaking algorhytm, that is always the case), and they are using pure Thrive decks, i just wish i could ask them 'why? why use something so basic? you probably dont even need the wins anymore, probably already have full seasonal quests, so why keep using the most simple deck?'
I know in this seasonal that might justify such choice, buti still think high level players should challenge themselves to do more.

- I'm not offended that easily, but thanks either way mate. :beer:
Thank god that we got a new "Thrive Leader" now to lead us to new uncharted paths full of glory and victories... meh... :facepalm:

Top Bottom