Season of the Dryad is here!

+
Did you miss the memo?
Apparently, but still, we got Renew in the game and a whole bunch of cards that allow you to play cards from deck or graveyard. Removing DS and giving frost instead and on top of it nerfing Ethereal and Auberon is just plain death sentence for monsters

For a moment there, I thought Duen Canell was getting a buff. Don't think anyone mentioned the "order" bit in the stream, and there's no dev comment on that here. So you buff the card against Circle of Life but take away deploy damage and make every other faction feel better about removing it? GG guardian. Abandoned girl is going to basically replace it in every Sym deck now. All because that deploy 2 point damage was soo OP :giveup:

Still catching up and trying to understand but sooo long
an craite long sword no more benefit from both as before when using split 8 damage and getting 24 and more from them pfffff

ya1

Forum regular
So devs have been called on prioritizing arbitrary, outdated design principles over user experience, valuing the aesthetics of numbers lining up across factions over real balance between those factions and their playability, abandoning data driven balancing in order to accommodate to personal preferences of certain vocal members of the community by nerfing the weakest factions, exhibiting total lack of knowledge of (or concern about) meta in their own game by buffing the strongest faction, removing content from the game and justifying it by the need for design space while no designs fitting that space were introduced or even outlined for the players...

But all of that outrage fell on deaf ears... Despite 3.5:9 ratio of dislikes to likes on their YouTube vid. I love Gwent and everything CDPR does but this is very hard to love. Really, guys...

DRK3

Forum veteran
Some of the changes with this update are pretty good... Some definitely aren't.

The nerf to evolving cards was good, except they should have nerfed Viraxas and not Eithné, she should be the only evolving card at 11pr as she's the weakest and least played.

Some removed leader abilities are so stupid. Removing sacrificial vanguard, justifying it with 'it brought carryover'? What about Hidden Cache, ridiculously broken and all those coins every round, arent carryover?
The new Pincer Maneuver is really stupid, i think its a strong contender to Stockpile, in the battle for the title 'worst NR ability'.
The SK abilities, the rage of the sea is interesting, clearly aimed at the new GSs. The other is crap.
The new ST abilities seem interesting or at least decent.

I really love the new Tactical Decision though (my 1st new deck) - basically you can do all combos that Imperial Formation allows, all at once instead of choosing just one (Affan on top to summon from deck, Vilgefortz+Tibor, Joaquin+whatever unit you want)

Even though i kinda like these changes, i see quite a evident powercreep, but worse than that, an increase in consistency by buffing all these 'dual bronze thinning cards'. Combined with the tutors introduced in MM, the game is now too consistent and too tutorable, just as in Open Beta.

@cdprojectred don't know if you already have an idea for invigorate but could you make it like royal inspiration equivalent, once every 2 turns boost a unit in your hand by 1.

ya1

Forum regular
And my first game rank 3? Yes, Tesham-Mutna. :giveup:

EDIT: First 3 games, 2:0 each one, the last one didn't even bother with mullgans. Devs, you've outdone yourself, where was your shieldwall against dump ideas?

EDIT2: Forgot Viraxis is not a soldier, lost 16 points with the Elephant. Still won taking less than 5 seconds to make a move.

Last edited:
So, starting with the expansion Master Mirror, with this patch we see a shift to more valuable bronze cards. Nowadays provision 4 does 6 points or with condition even 7 points in one turn for those cards which were changed several others were left behind.
I always thought provision should roughly reflect the points a card does. But that's an illussion like that the game ever will be balanced.

Nevertheless, I do like the new boards.

ya1

Forum regular
Hey, CDPR, you just forgot to nerf Viraxas or... is there a deeper lesson in this? :giveup:

Last edited:
Lol so first match MO against Shield wall and despite tailoring my deck with removal organic cards...like all of them....I ran out by R2 and they didn't even have to use shield wall until R3 and of course I lost. I guess I need locks which means I can't use devotion. Great job guys! It's now a game of who has the most removal and control options.

Harmony isn't as busted as it was initially without ME but Waters is still a powerful card. It's almost as though the devs don't play their own game. Even the changes to all the evolving cards make no sense, they all don't offer the same value so how can you possibly think it's a good idea to balance them the same way. Same for leader abilities, Deaths Shadow was an integral part of MO. All that's left now is point slam, let the fun begin I guess....:beer:

Last edited:
Every time I try to get into this game, a giant update like this ruins whatever deck I've been working on. First it was PFI in the beta, which I was okay with except for the fact that you guys were accepting money for stuff back then and you didn't offer a refund to anyone.

It isn't fair to players who invest a lot of time into creating a deck they like to get massive sweeping changes like this. I had a really good build where Caranthir would drop a copy of Auberon, followed by Death's Shadow to get two uses out of my boss card in the final round, if I made it that far. Now I've spent all of those resources to build a deck that no longer has its end game. Players shouldn't have to start over every month like we're just starting the game. I imagine it's just as frustrating for other players who used those leader powers.

With a massive change like this, you could give us a heads up instead of just dumping it on us, or even a link to a discussion board in the game so you can get some feedback. Either way I feel frustrated and if I can't figure out a way to get my wild hunt deck to work again, I'm probably just going to quit the game again. There's no point in me spending all this time learning the rules in the cards for them to change so drastically. It's just not worth it.

Every time I try to get into this game, a giant update like this ruins whatever deck I've been working on. First it was PFI in the beta, which I was okay with except for the fact that you guys were accepting money for stuff back then and you didn't offer a refund to anyone.

It isn't fair to players who invest a lot of time into creating a deck they like to get massive sweeping changes like this. I had a really good build where Caranthir would drop a copy of Auberon, followed by Death's Shadow to get two uses out of my boss card in the final round, if I made it that far. Now I've spent all of those resources to build a deck that no longer has its end game. Players shouldn't have to start over every month like we're just starting the game. I imagine it's just as frustrating for other players who used those leader powers.

With a massive change like this, you could give us a heads up instead of just dumping it on us, or even a link to a discussion board in the game so you can get some feedback. Either way I feel frustrated and if I can't figure out a way to get my wild hunt deck to work again, I'm probably just going to quit the game again. There's no point in me spending all this time learning the rules in the cards for them to change so drastically. It's just not worth it.

Damn straight... just a waste of time for MO players, well at least we all got a new board to buy.... HUGE meh... :facepalm:

And now I just read the flavor text of "Imperial Diviner" and it just spoiled the show, the game, and the books. Seriously, screw Gwent.

Hi Are there anyone visit the Shupe shop in current v7.2 patch?
There are 8 new ornaments to buy with money and meteorite which 3 are season avatar, border and card back

1 Ambush Bundle contains Braenn Avatar, Ambush Border and Ambusher title --> I notice that only Braenn Avatar available to unlock with RP in Morenn Season Reward Tree -- Anyone knows the Ambush border and Ambusher Title only available by purchasing?

and what happen if I get both Braenn Avatar from unlock the reward tree and from purchasing?

2 Dryad Bundle contains Morenn Avatar, Defender border and from Brokilon Title - I can see both Morenn Avatar and Defender Border in Morenn Season Reward Tree but I can't find from Brokilon title. -- again, if I want the title I have to purchase only?

3 Dryad Cardback - This can unlock with RP in Morenn Season Reward Tree. -- no question here.

The part that I don't understand is why both Ambush Bundle and Dryad Bundle contains stuffs that can and can't be unlocked by RP together. This season is different from two seasons ago which have only 1 bundle that's not include in the Seasonal Reward Tree.

or maybe I misunderstand something?

Hi Are there anyone visit the Shupe shop in current v7.2 patch?

The idea is simple. You get only the items that you don't already own. You can't buy only the items that you don't have. So, if you already have 2 out of 3 items in the package, decide if the final item is worth it for you. I definitely liked the previous scheme better when I could buy the whole collection of items from the last year's seasons.

CDPR about Shield Wall :

"For a while we thought that the previous version of Carapace would find a better home in Northern Realms, as protecting their engines and existing Shield synergies would make it feel right at home. Shield Wall is exactly this..."

Did CDPR fail to notice that NR has far better and more dangerous engines than MO ? With only one charge, Shield Wall allows your leader to transform Anseis or Seltkirk into total killing machines.

And I still don't understand why players aren't more vocal about amphibious assault, because I really think that this is a totally broken card.

Right now, NR is able to easily produce a lot of 6 or 7 points engines. I guess lock will become popular ?

It's a pity because there are several updates that I appreciate (like Nature's gift). But as other members stated before me, I wonder sometimes if the Gwent team really knows its game...

Don't know if here we can talk about seasonal mode but don't think there is a better post. Just played against a guy named "firfafusia" who had a very creative deck with double Vran warriors and tokens that after dying because of the mode, boosted like crazy. Managed to get out of round 1 with difficulties (blue coin) and then with Vysigoda was crushing him round 3, but felt ashamed of the netdecking against such an unique deck. If you read me congrats for your great deck and hope you don't get discorauged by playing against the same optimized decks every time.

Top Bottom